UFC exec: Stitch's Reebok 'comments had nothing to do' with firing

< --

Nailed it. Stitch probably got fired for some other reason(s), but seeing how MMA nerds were pissed about the Reebok deal, he decided to make it out like he was a martyr for his Reebok comments. Very shrewd, Stitch, very shrewd.

This does make a lot more sense than him being fired over his not even that bad, Reebok comments. It's not like UFC has to 'silence' a lousy cutman, hardly anyone in the gen pop can name 2 current UFC fighters, you think ppl know/care about a cutman? Thats laughable.

The only ppl who have heard of Stitch are on this forum and we're all gunna keep watching UFC no matter what the fuck they do/fire

Wonderful retort, I expected nothing less from an internet goon such as yourself. Keep wasting your life away trolling.

You're very agitated by me and keep quoting me and insulting me in numerous threads like some butthurt jilted crush. I give zero fucks about you whatsoever and keep forgetting who you are until you remind me with your constant pleas for my attention. Who is wasting their life, again? :redface:

I'm sure the UFC will just fall apart without Stitch. Who cares about defending that guy?

So it's a coincidence they decided to fire him just after an interview was published in which he complained about the Reebok deal?

Suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure.

Did you skip the first line of my post?

His comments on the Reebok certainly sped things up and I don't really care what the lawyer says about that.

The difference is exactly that, UFC needs fighters, but they don't need primadonna cutmen slinging their own product on FOX's dime.

No, I didn't. I just read three sentences after that tried to grasp at straws to rationalize what Epstein said which ironically makes Zuffa look even worse. Why would they punish Stitch for slinging his own product when anyone who had access to a silk press and a seamstress were doing just the same pre-Reebok? What purpose would that serve apart from making them look like a pack of vindictive goons? I could at least understand the reasoning behind them firing Stitch for making those comments as they want to insulate one of their biggest partners from criticism. But firing him(or at least it being a contributing factor) for doing what was customary at that time is just plain stupid.

Last edited:
They already were charging sponsor taxes. And honorable people would allow people to finish out their contract before enforcing new terms on them that can cut their income in half or worse because technically they can legally get away with it.

They even could have had the fighter add a Reebox patch while keeping his sponsors for free if they chose that option until their contract was up. They knew people signed under the impression they could supplement their income and had deals in place they were counting on as income. Now if a fighter renews his contracts knowing what the deal is then so be it, but try getting through the next 2 years on half or less than what you expected to earn. It was a shitty thing to do, their tv time or not.

Agreed. Zuffa could legally do what they're doing now, but that doesn't make it less scummy. They should have allowed fighters to grandfather their contract, or renegotiate a new one when the new policy was implemented. Everyone who signed a long contract is pretty much screwed unless the UFC is feeling particularly benevolent that day.

The sponsor tax was nothing compared to the value of advertising sponsors were getting for it.

Frankly, I'm tired of hearing about it.

Yet you had tons of medium-small business do interviews saying that they couldn't sponsor a fighter because the tax was too much.

I'm tired of you constantly adopting the pro Zuffa angle over a large variety of topics.

You're very agitated by me and keep quoting me and insulting me in numerous threads like some butthurt jilted crush. I give zero fucks about you whatsoever and keep forgetting who you are until you remind me with your constant pleas for my attention. Who is wasting their life, again? :redface:

I'm only continuing what you started. Don't play with matches or you're going to get burned.

I didn't know or care who the fuck you were either until you quoted me to try your best to instigate a reaction and now you keep popping up defending Rex's troll posts like an annoying pimple that's hard to ignore. Seems like you're the one with e-crush. :redface:

Did you miss the part when the cutmen never owned the rights to advertise in the first place they just did it and UFC didn't say anything about it?

If you are on a television broadcast the only ones who have the right to advertise are the owners of the broadcast.

If you are a guest on a talk show, your wardrobe is approved by the broadcaster before you step foot on camera.

They were selling something that was never theirs to begin with and UFC turned a blind eye.

The advertising space he was selling during UFC broadcast was never his to begin with and he was lucky to get what money he did while the UFC was allowing that type of free for all advertising to go on.

They do not deserve compensation for selling "stolen" advertising space.

A) if the UFC was allowing it, it's not "stolen"

B) Do you really think that the UFC wasn't charging him for it just like they were charging every fighter/sponsor?

Yet you had tons of medium-small business do interviews saying that they couldn't sponsor a fighter because the tax was too much.

I'm tired of you constantly adopting the pro Zuffa angle over a large variety of topics.

Generally speaking medium-small business don't advertise on television because they can't afford it.

It's not UFC's responsibility to subsidize advertising for anyone who felt like slinging a few hundreds bucks to a fighter. They just allowed it.

Again, the value of advertising received faaaaaaaar outweighed the sponsor tax.

I'm tired of the misinformed anti-Zuffa crowd spouting off misinformation and quite literally making shit up and taking it as fact.

They are bastards just like any other corporation, but they are not as bad as everyone around here seems to think. It just seems odd to me that people care about the sport so much but they seem to be spending most of their day hating on any progress it tries to make.

A) if the UFC was allowing it, it's not "stolen"

B) Do you really think that the UFC wasn't charging him for it just like they were charging every fighter/sponsor?

Stolen was in quotes because I didn't mean it literally, just couldn't think of a better word at the time.

UFC charged the sponsors for the right to sponsor on their broadcast.

I'm just speculating, like all of you because none of knows the exact circumstances for his termination. His comments on the deal certainly spurred his release but I think it's safe to assume his recent self promotion of his own products was causing friction as well.

Last edited:
So they wanted cheaper cut men. The American way push out the old timers to get cheaper newbies in the door.

I'm only continuing what you started. Don't play with matches or you're going to get burned.

I didn't know or care who the fuck you were either until you quoted me to try your best to instigate a reaction and now you keep popping up defending Rex's troll posts like an annoying pimple that's hard to ignore. Seems like you're the one with e-crush. :redface:

Sure, kid. Whatever you say. I bow to your wisdom. Now go the fuck away, k? Cheers.

14151.png

Sure, kid. Whatever you say. I bow to your wisdom. Now go the fuck away, k? Cheers.

14151.png

Sure the whole matches and getting burned thing was corny as all hell but I couldn't help myself. Anyways have a good day, until we meet again on the cold hard forums of Sherdog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back