UFC decline in physique among fighters

They aren’t fighting mma in a 2 week tournament in the olympics…..

Olympics is can sports anyways

Overrated

Winter Olympics is cool stuff. Summer is all babied stuff

Forgot what a specimen young Thiago was.
<Kpop775>
wood

Brunson looks......exactly the same.

I am positive by the end of the decade MMA they will eliminate weight cutting and have knees to heads, upkicks and 12 6 elbows and may be in Olympics. But have a higher cap for LHW and HW as of now ONEFc has a 225lb cap for LHW which is crap considering the biggest LHW like Cormier, Rampage, Anthony Johnson, and Ortiz were all 227lb to 235lbs

ONEs HW cap is 265lbs which would not allow the Carwins, Lesnar, Ngannou, Ubereems, Big Foots etc. HW should be capped at 300lbs once weight cutting is eliminated

Is that probably because there isn't enough heavyweights that size who are also talented and not freak shows?

Yeah, 225 is a bit low I'd think 235 would be more reasonable. It'd be hard to land in the weight class you want since body changes like building muscle takes months. I'm 194 lbs right now, losing to 185 would be a nightmare but bulking to 205 would take forever.

Is that probably because there isn't enough heavyweights that size who are also talented and not freak shows?

Yeah, 225 is a bit low I'd think 235 would be more reasonable. It'd be hard to land in the weight class you want since body changes like building muscle takes months. I'm 194 lbs right now, losing to 185 would be a nightmare but bulking to 205 would take forever.

Yeah ONE doesnt have any large HW or athletic monsters. Shit divisions except at the low weight classes and they have a good kickboxing division and Muay thai at below HW. Only Glory has a better HW division for kickboxing

There HW champ is 235lbs and 6"1 and is chubby like Fedor he has beat cans and out of shape 3rd tier fighters. Bellator HWs are superior to Ones. The HW champ just beat an out of shape fat Brandon Vera who is past prime

There LHW champ is 204lbs and also is the MW champ and has beaten a ton of cans from Southeast asia.

MW is 185lbs to 205lbs
LHW is 205lbs to 225lbs in ONE MMA

Last edited:
There's a couple things other than USADA going on here.

Post workout pumps, weightcuts, old age, and lighting.

Come on, do you guys even lift, bro?
The only thing some of these pictures prove is:

1. USADA forced gyms to pause and reassess. Guys and girls look as jacked as ever and they seemed to be back on track within a year of USADA coming in. They just had to wait to figure out what the testing protocols were and it's possible some of them were up and running by the time they had to get on their very next cycle without skipping a beat.

2. Some athletes could not recover from coming off massive doses of TRT. They had to switch to alternate drugs that didn't have the supraphysiological response that TRT had on them.

3. For every picture like those there are 30 others in the UFC that had no discernable difference in performance. If anything, as a whole, the roster improved their performance most likely because it forced them to implement more stringent doping protocols which are actually better long term for the athlete. It also likely brought in gene testing which helped determine which drug should be used by which athlete and avoid the ones that are most likely to cause major side effects which further fueled performance. Now you have girls/guys that look like they were carved from marble and not only do they have speed and power but the cardio to go 5 rounds pushing 100% on every gear. Pun intended.

Bronson is likely pumped vs non and Reem clearly off the stack. Leon Ed appears to be juicy.

images

images

Sarms.
Did he have a stint at Fight Ready? There's a meme brewing about that gym at this point in just how dramatic of a change they have had on athletes physiques.

Honestly can’t stand the shit. It’s like the difference between a bodybuilding competition that is natty vs one that isn’t. I want to see who the best fighters are not the best natty fighters.
Well in lots of cases being bulked up really isn’t beneficial to a fighter. It’s better to be long and lean for your weight class in most cases than to be a short armed jacked guy like Alves was.

That’s why for fighters it’s best to use gear that’s meant more for strength than size gains like Turanabol (that Olympic weightlifters use, a sport with weight classes) or Stanozolol (that Olympic sprinters use). So a guy like Jones is a good example, get that Roid strength but still be very tall for your weight class is the idea.

I don’t even think these guys are less roided out now they’re just smarter about what gear they’re using.

Now obviously USADA is big part of this, but fighters look less impressive compared a decade ago. Optimized training routines yes, but many guys just look very average.

zhgoE2L.jpg

yWwzksy.jpg

vitor-1.jpg

CvWBJmUXYAE0kM7.jpg

Derek-Brunson-vs-Darren-Till-UFC-Fight-Night-04-Sept-2021.jpg
But 100% of fighters are on peds. They why the bodyshape change after usada.

Well in lots of cases being bulked up really isn’t beneficial to a fighter. It’s better to be long and lean for your weight class in most cases than to be a short armed jacked guy like Alves was.

That’s why for fighters it’s best to use gear that’s meant more for strength than size gains like Turanabol (that Olympic weightlifters use, a sport with weight classes) or Stanozolol (that Olympic sprinters use). So a guy like Jones is a good example, get that Roid strength but still be very tall for your weight class is the idea.

I don’t even think these guys are less roided out now they’re just smarter about what gear they’re using.
Lol I’m not talking about being buff. I used bodybuilding as an example of the extreme differences in natty vs not. PEDS are extremely beneficial to training. Hence the name performance enhancing drugs. How do I know? I have taking peds before and I train the ufc.

Who is in the first picture?
Bro, that's Thiago.

Brunson not only looks pretty much the same, but is also 37. Like, yeah, I guess someone nearing his 40s wouldn't look as cut as he did when he was in his late twenties/early 30s.

If you're crying about physiques maybe you need to follow bodybuilding instead.

Back