• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Confirms Nunes/Pennington Will Serve As The Main Event For UFC 224 in Rio

Imagine when Pennginton wins and the Cyborg fight falls through....

Tecia was the teammate of Amanda and Nina at American Top Team for quite some time. Not surprising to me that a long-standing teammate relationship trumps common nationality.

* liked *

Personally, I like the lesbian angle better.

anigif_enhanced-498-1453909171-10.gif

How big is Nunes' brazilian fanbase? Her opponent hasn't fought in over a year and was never a huge superstar, so she's basically carrying the card.

Big enough to buy less than 100k PPVs for her last defense. This card will not sell well.

Just realized Pennington hasn’t fought since ufc 205? Or is that a Wikipedia mistake?

She pulled a Woodley to get her title shot.

I always speak the truth even if sherdog cant handle the truth haha
Your trueth, but the real fight fans won't be fed shit and told it's chocolate, real fight fans know what they want to watch and it's a reflection on ppv bye rates

So a girl who almost got beat by Beth freaking Correia, and barely survived against Meisha Tate (who Nunes obliterated) is supposed to what? Challenge Nunes??

tenor.gif

Barely survived? Tate had nothing for Pennington. The first part of your sentence is correct.

omg @TeTe is here
i see him lurking

I don't mind a bad ME as long as the card is decent.

And tbh, this fight isn't that bad. These two are GUARANTEED to throw hands.

I don't mind this fight but Jacare vs. Gastelum should be main event imo.

Meh, I don't mind as long as it means we get those other awesome fights on the card. PPVs nowadays seem obliged to have some kind of title on the line no exceptions. I'd have been ecstatic with Jacare vs Kelvin being a 5 round headliner.

This should actually be a fun fight. Pennington can box pretty well. Nunes always brings the heat unless she's fighting Shevchenko.

GDR vs Holm is still the worst ppv headliner ever.
PPV buy rate should be around 350k.

Back