• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC Confirms Nunes/Pennington Will Serve As The Main Event For UFC 224 in Rio

I’d rather watch Bader vs Mo and Daley vs Fitchb for free

Easy money for Nunes, Pennington gets boxed and beat up...

It really wasn't that long ago that Rocky's record was 3-3, and she was on the verge of being cut, so....congrats?

I don't get why so called ufc fans only seem to care what the ppv buys will be.

if you a fight fan you enjoy what ever the fights are.

My brain wouldn’t allow me to accept this as he main event. I skimmed the thread title like 10 times before realizing it didn’t say “co-main event”

Bad main event

The bout had already been confirmed, but it was never stated whether or not the bout would serve as the PPV card's Main Event.

It's official now. Meh. Buy-rate prediction?

who cares about the buy rate. fight fans will enjoy fights no matter what.

They should of tried to push that fight through in my opinion that's by far the biggest WMMA fight they could make. Plus Dana gonna Dana again saying "he likes that idea" i was hoping they could make it happen.

View attachment 352853

so it just happen after nunes wins so no big deal

I don't get why so called ufc fans only seem to care what the ppv buys will be.

if you a fight fan you enjoy what ever the fights are.
Easy there chief.
You're speaking the truth and sherdog hates the truth.

This wood be a good Brazilian card with Borg vs Nunes disappointed.

Horrible. This will have less than 100k buys.

Didn't Dana say Nunes would never main event again after pulling out vs the Bullet? You'd think Nunes would be used to going up against a bullet, right guys? heheh

Is there anybody truly pumped about this fight?

WME continuing the pushing of WMMA head-liners is a true head-scratcher for me.
Typical of WME. A bunch of overpaid thinkers sitting around expensive conference tables making decisions based on profit forecasting with no real grasp of the sport.

Is there anybody truly pumped about this fight?

WME continuing the pushing of WMMA head-liners is a true head-scratcher for me.

I'll watch, but this feels more like a Fight Night headliner. I'm guessing they're going to try and fatten up the undercard.

Typical of WME. A bunch of overpaid thinkers sitting around expensive conference tables making decisions based on profit forecasting with no real grasp of the sport.

hater.

ufc isn't bellator so title fights are always main events.

Going to need a cpl more big fights to sell this on ppv. Maybe do a rare 6 fight main card, start an hour early if need be.

Nunes/Pennington
Covington/Till(#1 contender) Jacare/Kelvin(#1 contender) Aldo/Elkins
Shogun/Latifi
Machida/Vitor

Something along those lines. Could be Stephens instead of Elkins. Could be Glover instead of Latifi. Could Usman instead of Colby. But that's how I'd build it.

Specifically the Till/Colby fight in Brazil is win-win. Either Till gets a huge face push or Colby gets an even bigger heel push. Worst case scenario sets up an RDA/Colby title fight which would be big

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RBG
Back