UFC Co-Founder Releases Original Rules List

Most fighters don't have cardio to go 3 rounds, very few can last 5. I'd rather not watch 2 very gassed fighters continue to try to end the fight.

1570tnt.jpg

Chh why the hell not ? I'm sick of these bull shit decisions and bullshit judges. This is a real fight, having no time limit would determine who the best fighter is.

I've got the first five on VHS (yes, I'm old) and there certainly were rounds in UFC 1. At one point at least, I remember seeing a clock count down some closing seconds, but as already mentioned, no fights lasted a full round.

As for the gloves, I believe there was some dispute over the wearing of them. From "No Holds Barred" by Clyde Gentry, wraps could only be worn if they didn't wrap the knuckles. Aside from Jimmerson, no one bothered to wear any gloves.

And yes, groin shots were banned in UFC 1, but were permitted started in UFC 2.

Chh why the hell not ? I'm sick of these bull shit decisions and bullshit judges. This is a real fight, having no time limit would determine who the best fighter is.

No, it's not a real fight. It's a sport with rules, which has breaks between rounds. I don't remember being able to call time when I was in a fight in a schoolyard.

The first ufc had rounds but none of the fights went passed five mins, also those rules look similar to the old Shooto rules, with the counts and all

Art only wore one glove,

These rules seem to suggest he would need 2.

That is cool.....firat event I seen was gomi ko gracie in seconds (pride) first ufc event ortiz vs cote... I would love to chat mma with those of you who have been watching since ufc 1

No, it's not a real fight. It's a sport with rules, which has breaks between rounds. I don't remember being able to call time when I was in a fight in a schoolyard.

It's a fight bro! Fighting should determine who the best fighter in the world is. Giving them time limits just ruins it for the fighters and us fans. Look at all the 5 round championship fights that went to a decision. Jones Vs Gus, Hendricks vs lawler Gsp vs hendricks just to name a few sakuraba Vs Royce Gracie 1 is a good example of a fight. We witnessed a real winner in that fight.

John Milius is perhaps the weirdest guy ever. Him and Arnold doing commentary on Conan the Barbarian is absolutely hillarious. Mostly unintentionally.

There is a documentary on him on Netflix which I've been meaning to watch. Maybe now's the time?

Yeah, I'm suddenly interested. Dude made some great movies AND helped get UFC off the ground. Righteous.

Back