UFC Boxing Edition Version 3

I forgot about Choi. I like him. But he's overrated as well at least on Sherdog (which tbf are most fighters at one point). Right now he gets grapplefucked by a lot of guys and his striking is unproven against high level strikers. Some compare him to McGregor but McGregor fought in his debut a fighter who is better than most of Choi's opponents and afetr that every opponent was worlds above Choi's opponents so far.

Holloway is by far the most promising and talented prospect though and should dominate FW after Aldo unless someone really spectacular shows up

145 is a great division, has a lot of good prospects too

It's a good division one of the best but LW is by far the best and right now, well up until the Mendes drug test ban FW was really really strong

Yeah LW is a shark tank, FW isn't quite as good but the future looks good for it. Actually all the weight classes under 185 have good looking futures. The heavier weight classes seem to be the ones that are lacking prospects for whatever reason.

I forgot about Choi. I like him. But he's overrated as well at least on Sherdog (which tbf are most fighters at one point). Right now he gets grapplefucked by a lot of guys and his striking is unproven against high level strikers. Some compare him to McGregor but McGregor fought in his debut a fighter who is better than most of Choi's opponents and afetr that every opponent was worlds above Choi's opponents so far.

Holloway is by far the most promising and talented prospect though and should dominate FW after Aldo unless someone really spectacular shows up

yeah, he's got work to do, but I will say this, he has a lot of power and he's a pretty good counter striker who has, by MMA's standards, decent head movement. He's improved a lot too in the past and he seems willing to take on good grapplers like Ishida (or generally just good challenges, like calling out Swanson and Kawajiri). Also, I don't think I'd say Marcus Brimage is better than Sicilia or Tavares.

Bektic and Choi are the frontrunners for prospects at FW. They're going to need to season these guys before they're ready for the big dogs like Aldo, Edgar and McGregor though.

Holloway is past the prospect stage and has been for a while, he should have had a title shot by now.

cpmfbjvweaa5zgw1.jpg

I hope he is ok , what a great combat sports hero to the UK this man has been

if it only did that many buys that would be a colossal failure, hell if it did less than a million that would me a failure

Wow, you have some high standards for this event, Bobby Jenks, if you believe that the PPV has to hit the million buy mark in order to avoid being a failure.

I was obviously just talking a lot of nonsense with that figure I gave out in the post you quoted, although this event competing against the Olympics is going to be a factor and take some buys away from it. How much so remains to be seen and is really unmeasurable. But when you have a sports program that draws 30 million people to their television there's no doubt that's going to factor.

Wow, you have some high standards for this event, Bobby Jenks, if you believe that the PPV has to hit the million buy mark in order to avoid being a failure.

I was obviously just talking a lot of nonsense with that figure I gave out in the post you quoted, although this event competing against the Olympics is going to be a factor and take some buys away from it. How much so remains to be seen and is really unmeasurable. But when you have a sports program that draws 30 million people to their television there's no doubt that's going to factor.

The Olympics obviously don't help, but yeah I think it would be a letdown if it did less than a million.

nah FW is going strong. Even if Yair isn't what we thought he was, there are a lot of young prospects that will fight each other for the future. DHC, Ortega, and Bektic are all considered good prospects (Ortega less than the others) maybe Thiago Tavares as well. The good thing is that they're all young and they have a lot of experienced fighters (that are still beatable) for them to get their feet wet before they face McGregor/Aldo/Edgar. I could see guys like Swanson, Dias, and Kawajiri being used to build them up, give them their proper seasoning

No way Tavares should be considered a prospect. Hes been fighting for 13 years and been in the UFC for 9..........Hes on the Guida/Tatsuya level as far as his placement in the division just wasnt anywhere near as good as those guys, specially Kawa

DHC and specially Mirsad have SCARY potential. Mirsad could end up a better GSP IMO, hes at least just as athletic his athleticism is insane for MMA, his GNP is already among the best in MMA, truly frightening. His boxing is really solid, his footwork too from the Martins fight. Wrestling/TDs and transitions are amazing...........Wont ever have the kicking game of Georges but i think his boxing is already well on its way to being better, GSP didnt have much followups specially with the right hand after jabs

I think Doo could be a prime Gomi level fighter with not as good wrestling tho

This as in their ceilings FWIW

Ortega is fun but i see his career being more akin to Joe Lauzon instead of a top level fighter. Will be a great addition to any card, always in the POTN/FOTN hunt, exciting, dynamic finisher. But will maybe only peak as a bottom top 10 fighter and wont stay there for long

Last edited:

Tavares is a good grappler who has grapplefucked guys like Omigawa, Gamburyan, Fisher, Black, Peralta, Weichel, Guida etc. He drew with Lentz, beat Stout in a close one, shouldve got the decision against Tyson Griffin and has only really been dominated by Khabib before fighting Choi. He got KOd by Wiman but it was a back and forth FOTN, and he was winning against Roller before he got caught by a combo in the 2nd

He was supposed to test Chois gurappling, tried to grapplefuck him and failed and got KOd easily in a couple minutes, along with Khabib the most dominant loss of his career. It was a VERY impressive performance.

Tavares is a far better fighter than Brimage at any point. Hes better than Brandao as well and on a similar level to Siver.

Tavares now is a better fighter than Holloway was when Conor fought him too. He was EXTREMELY green, like 20yo, in his 3rd year of MMA and a few months backed robbed Leonard Garcia of all ppl of a win. He wasnt anywhere near the stratosphere he is now

Last edited:
For the music connoisseurs like @nac386 and you fine folk south of the border who've accepted some pole swinging pipsqueak like Justin Beiber yet wouldn't do the same for a band led by a lyrical lunatic like Gordie Downie. I tried to upload this whole concert DVD to youtube this morning, but it told me it was too long with it being 2 hours. So bits of it it is from others. Maybe it'll give some a hint why the following is so;

http://www.the10and3.com/the-tragically-hip-are-canadas-most-successful-band-ever/

Give these a listen/watch then maybe do so again at some time;

And then finally the song that started this country's love affair with them;

No way Tavares should be considered a prospect. Hes been fighting for 13 years and been in the UFC for 9..........Hes on the Guida/Tatsuya level as far as his placement in the division just wasnt anywhere near as good as those guys, specially Kawa

DHC and specially Mirsad have SCARY potential. Mirsad could end up a better GSP IMO, hes at least just as athletic his athleticism is insane for MMA, his GNP is already among the best in MMA, truly frightening. His boxing is really solid, his footwork too from the Martins fight. Wrestling/TDs and transitions are amazing...........Wont ever have the kicking game of Georges but i think his boxing is already well on its way to being better, GSP didnt have much followups specially with the right hand after jabs

I think Doo could be a prime Gomi level fighter with not as good wrestling tho

This as in their ceilings FWIW

Ortega is fun but i see his career being more akin to Joe Lauzon instead of a top level fighter. Will be a great addition to any card, always in the POTN/FOTN hunt, exciting, dynamic finisher. But will maybe only peak as a bottom top 10 fighter and wont stay there for long
Even if DHC is Gomi level, that's still an immense amount of talent and accomplishment. His counter striking is really good and he seems to have developed his defensive movement well.

What I like about Mirsad (at least from what I've seen of him) is that he seems to be incorporating bob and weave into his boxing. Granted, he's no Frazier, but it's something you don't see often, and his counter wrestling is impressive. I have a lot of confidence in both guys and I think that given time, both will be better than Conor.

Looks like the GSP comeback is on, he entered the USADA testing pool.

The PFA(Professional Fighter's Association) has been formed. Could bring on huge change.

"The uploader has not made this video available in your country."

Fine. I didn't want to watch your crummy video anyways.

Back