UFC bias against signing Russian fighters?

Aliev was the one that really hit me. He had 25 lb of muscle on Istrefin and couldn't finish. And he won the tourney!!

Many of the PFLs American fighters also are boring. But they use a far higher percentage of Russians and Caucasians and they are proportionately more dreadful to watch.

Yeah, but I don't think they get the exciting ones usually. I have no idea what their recruitment strategy is in general. They seem to hire a disproportionately large volume of boring fighters.

Here's Rustam Kerimov's last fight, I don't think he's boring at all and 100% should be in the UFC.

Flyweight fighter, looked really good in his last fight.

Just looked him up. Lost to Brandon Moreno. Pass. And BTW did you see the last fight between Dan Charles and ACA's heavyweight champion? Is that really your idea of top talent?

Hate to be a well-akshually guy, but Askar got KO’d in round 1 last night

edit: different guy. Askarov is still undefeated.

Did you mean Marat Gafurov? That Lapicus dude who smashed him is fucking terrifying. He's also Moldovan which probably puts him in the same category when it comes to getting signed.

There are plenty of ethnic Russian fighters in the UFC , It’s just that they are not as good as you’re making them to be. Of course you’re gonna shill for your fellow slavs though.

Since we’re talking about nations that don’t have many mma fighters , I wish that MMA was more developed here and actually paid better so we could see Albanians dominate the sport.

If there was ottoman mma organization you would see plenty of Albanian fighters join their ranks...

When it comes to Russians, I wasn’t talking about ethnic Russians specifically, I’m not obsessed with ppl ethnicities. I’m talking about fighters from Russia.

it would be same as if I was talking about fighters from Serbia. Albanians from Kosovo would be included as well cause Kosovo is part of Serbia.

Just looked him up. Lost to Brandon Moreno. Pass. And BTW did you see the last fight between Dan Charles and ACA's heavyweight champion? Is that really your idea of top talent?

I did think he lost the Moreno fight, but Moreno is elite imo, so no shame in losing to him.

Do you mean Tony Johnson? I don't really rate Goncharov particularly highly personally, the HW division isn't one of ACA's strongest. The LW and BW divisions are where it's at.

Did you mean Marat Gafurov? That Lapicus dude who smashed him is fucking terrifying. He's also Moldovan which probably puts him in the same category when it comes to getting signed.

It was some other guy named Askar Askar who lost.

I was confused. It was Askar Askar who lost.

Ah no worries, that dude is 'Murican. He was pretty hyped though, didn't know he'd lost. He was in all the recent lists on fighters on the cusp of UFC contracts.

I watched that live at like 8 am. Lapicus is great.

If there was ottoman mma organization you would see plenty of Albanian fighters join their ranks...

When it comes to Russians, I wasn’t talking about ethnic Russians specifically, I’m not obsessed with ppl ethnicities. I’m talking about fighters from Russia.

it would be same as if I was talking about fighters from Serbia. Albanians from Kosovo would be included as well cause Kosovo is part of Serbia.
If thats the case I’m pretty sure that they would destroy the Ottoman fighters for 25 years straight while their neighbors such as the serbs would submit immediately.

There is a border seperating the two countries , You should probably seek help or something since you really need a reality check. It must be really tough being that deluded

That's 10 Russians actually which is about 27% while 32% of Brazilians are ranked. Obviously Russians aren't doing as well or aren't anything special despite years of hype advertising them as the next big thing in MMA.

That's because they dont always sign on the best Russian fighters.

Yeah I sussed this. A couple of years back russian fighters were flooding in now they sign like one a year. A lot of them cant get visas to the US so its pointless having them around.

I think the main issue is the Dagestani situation.

1) There are fucking loads of them.
2) They are usually very good.
3) They are usually very boring.4
4) They refuse to fight each other.

So what is the point in having the top 10 of a division crammed with boring, forgettable fighters that refuse to fight one another and so inevitably fight those guys trying to break into the top 10, beat them, making it a vicious circle?

I think the main issue is the Dagestani situation.

1) There are fucking loads of them.
2) They are usually very good.
3) They are usually very boring.4
4) They refuse to fight each other.

So what is the point in having the top 10 of a division crammed with boring, forgettable fighters that refuse to fight one another and so inevitably fight those guys trying to break into the top 10, beat them, making it a vicious circle?

They fight each other in Russian promotions. They won't fight members of the same team, but hardly anyone does that.

Shots Fired!

These whole Balkan Area is overrated as Fuck. No Fighting Tradition / Education. The Commies in Romania and Bulgaria try to establish some Russian-Soviet Wrestling / Sambo Education but totally failed. In Turkey they got the oldest Sporting / Fighting Competition in the World with pretty Strong Guys but the Style is literally Gay as Fuck (Oil Wrestling). Anyway still the strongest Olympic Wrestlers are Turkish. Ex Jugos may be physically strong but are obsessed with Soccer. Albanians are pretty good Construction Workers but Fighting? Naa.

Its good to have some Places in the World where Martial Arts is Sport Number 1. Dagestan is one of them. Thats why i support ACA, ONE and so on. They try to build up in "abandoned" Places.

Yeah, don't know what UFC's issue is. But if a Russian fighter wants to get in the UFC and has a good record, they should sign him.

Perhaps do a USA vs Russia TUF. That'd be a cool way to introduce a number of Russians at once if UFC doesn't just want to bring them over to begin with.

Most of those Russian fighters are boring wrestlers good enough to win most but not win against the best. They basically employ a safe wall and stall tactic to avoid all risks and try to win on points. There are exceptions, obviously, but most of them are only useful to derail exciting fighters and serve as gatekeepers to the top 15. I for one am happy there are no more Russian wrestlers in the UFC

Ironic that people don't want Russian wrestlers but the UFC is chock full of boring ass D4 wrestling talent from the U.S.

Shots Fired!

These whole Balkan Area is overrated as Fuck. No Fighting Tradition / Education. The Commies in Romania and Bulgaria try to establish some Russian-Soviet Wrestling / Sambo Education but totally failed. In Turkey they got the oldest Sporting / Fighting Competition in the World with pretty Strong Guys but the Style is literally Gay as Fuck (Oil Wrestling). Anyway still the strongest Olympic Wrestlers are Turkish. Ex Jugos may be physically strong but are obsessed with Soccer. Albanians are pretty good Construction Workers but Fighting? Naa.

Its good to have some Places in the World where Martial Arts is Sport Number 1. Dagestan is one of them. Thats why i support ACA, ONE and so on. They try to build up in "abandoned" Places.

It’s true that ex yugo countries focused more on team sports n wrestling wasn’t that big, however they did have success in karate, Judo n some boxing.

here for example a full contact fight between American legend n oldest ufc participant Ron van Clief n some yugo guy:

(Keep in mind this is like 10 or 15 years before ufc 1)

Back