• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

News Carlos Ulberg v Jamahal Hill set for UFC 303 Co-Main Event

Going from Fighting #10 ranked Menifield to Former champ #3 in Hill is a strong ask on short notice.

Great fight though on paper.
Well Hill did just get flatlined a bit ago. Ulburg had almost a record fast knock out.

Ulburg probably still better off at this point all things considered.

Going from Fighting #10 ranked Menifield to Former champ #3 in Hill is a strong ask on short notice.

Great fight though on paper.
Where’s the outrage about getting a fight with someone too high up the ranking like umar?

Was hoping we’d get Hill vs Jiri but this fight should answer a lot of questions about Ulberg.

Can Hill negate the left hook at range? He looked defensively sound against Pereira but got set up pretty quickly so that’s a bit concerning here but Ulberg despite having a massive left hook doesn’t have the striking IQ of Pereira to set the hook up as cleanly.

I’m interested to see how Ulberg deals with a striker who he can’t just spam jabs, left hooks and leg kicks against. At range this should be a pretty tactical battle and in close Ulberg’s athleticism might make Hill’s infighting not as effective like the Hill/Santos fight…. I hope for anything except a quick KO I want to see where both men stand

Can 6 weeks be considered short notice?
Generally, no. But it's less than 6 weeks, he just fought, and its a comain on a card which will have A LOT of eyeballs. Plus hill is a former champ who just main evented the biggest card of the year. Given the circumstances..

Rooting for Blackjack off the storyline alone.

37 days, thats over 5 weeks to be specific. Either way, I don't really consider that short notice. Sure it's not ideal but still plenty of time for a camp and to tailor a game plan for an opponent.
Thats pretty short notice dude, specially with a time zone adjusment involved.

He just suggested Abu Dhabi bc it’s the earliest and made the most sense. You want ufc to schedule Alex vs Ank at 304 in Perth Australia?
UFC 306 will be earlier in September. Jiri is ready, why Ankalaev is not ready?
<BC1>

UFC 306 will be earlier in September. Jiri is ready, why Ankalaev is not ready?
<BC1>

You probably believe the UFC is interested in Pereira on the card in addition to O'Malley/Dvalishvili & Grasso/Shevchenko 3 lol. Not happening.

Pereira isn't fighting any sooner than October.

Where’s the outrage about getting a fight with someone too high up the ranking like umar?
1. What "outrage" are you talking about? Provide receipts on all this outrage; I certainly haven't seen it.

2. This is a replacement fight. Apples and oranges.

3. Ulberg just KO'd the #11 LHW to justify his ranking. Correct me if I'm wrong, but Umar is somehow #10 without ever fighting a top 30 opponent (yes, I know, no one will fight him, etc.). So if there were outrage, at least there would be a little justification for it.

For the record, I like the Sandhagen-Umar pairing. Both fighters want it, and it's an interesting style matchup. Whereas I don't really care about the Hill-Ulberg fight.

Back