• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 298 > UFC 300

I'm still wondering why everyone thought 300 was going to be some insane card? It's a good card. UFC 100 was a milestone. Can't we get rid of numbering the events already? We get it, there are a lot of them.
Yeah, its a mystery

I'm still wondering why everyone thought 300 was going to be some insane card? It's a good card. UFC 100 was a milestone. Can't we get rid of numbering the events already? We get it, there are a lot of them.

ufc 100 was great, but every fight on 300 is awesome. Easily one of the best cards I've seen, plus whatever the main event is. Every fight could headline a Fight Night. And i also am so over the whole numbering events.

Yeah, its a mystery

Yep, there’s been a buzz for years about it. Then Dana and subsequently the fans hyped it up to unattainable levels. Naturally when the idea of Conor, 3 title fights, and Brock/GSP/Khabib returns all on one card floating around, anything less is going to seem shitty.

Ok so lets read the tea leaves for 300

Izzy posted he is ready, gotta assume he is 1 of 2 final fights.
DDP is smart with his title reign and he wants ample time to prepare so I would say he is off the table.
Leon is ready for 300
Islam could be ready for 300
Conor looks the part of being ready but the negotations are what is holding up.
Alex clearly offered for 300.
Aspinall doesnt seem to thrilled to be out at 300.
Diaz called his shot but who could it be? And his loss to Jake Paul isnt helping Dana throw $$$ at him

So my educated guess is.

Alex vs Izzy for co-main
Leon vs Conor for WW belt (I know it doesnt make sense in rankings and most would flame about it but I bet you something crazy like that would happen.

Meh. I think UFC 300 is looking way better. It's got 1 champ and 8 former champs on the card: Holloway, Oliviera, Jiri, Aljo, Fig, Garbrandt, Zhang, Andrade, and Holms. Plus, the main event hasn't even been announced yet.
Exactly

10 if you include Gaethje as interim

As well as 17/22 fighters are ranked. 3 of the remaining 5 are involved in fights to become ranked.

Only ONE fight of 11 announced at least involve one ranked fighter.

Am extremely left field debut in Kayla

Completely filled with action fighters like Zhang, max, Gaethje, Charles, Jiri, Kattar, fig, cody

They keep saying the same insane reasoning why it’s not a good card lol

- not enough surprises
- they don’t “like” the match ups
- no retired fighters returning

Yep, there’s been a buzz for years about it. Then Dana and subsequently the fans hyped it up to unattainable levels. Naturally when the idea of Conor, 3 title fights, and Brock/GSP/Khabib returns all on one card floating around, anything less is going to seem shitty.
So the people that are disappointed are retards with retarded expectations?

Pretty stupid of you to assume something is gonna be boring before it even happened. At least you’re admitting the 298 has more meaningful fights.
Lmao you must be stoaked for Leon vs belal

Last edited:
Lmao you must be stoaked for Leon vs belal
eee7dcf9682710ad0a3875718352e5cf.gif

Yeah, its a mystery

It truly is a mystery why people still take Dana White's words serious.

Cards have been so shitty that Im glad to have at least 3 good fights on paper on same night lol (I know there's more)

Op is being contrarian.298 is a good card. But 300 is an incredible card.

Agree

298 much more interesting than 300

When you include the prelims, 300 is much better. And I thought Dana said recently that they were trying to make 2 more fights so we will see

I think 299 is on par with 300 right now

You trolling brah?

GDUcBwRWQAELyIJ
1. Rematch, Vera is nowhere close to being #1 contender, O'Malley just dicktucking Merab
2. Guy coming off a loss vs a guy with zero top 10 wins
3. Journeyman coming off a loss vs unranked coming form a lesser promotion
4. Guy on a 3 fight losing skid vs a fringe top 10
5. Pretty interesting, but Blaydes as always been meh, he lays an egg in every important fight
6. Boring dude vs an aging vet

Trolling? Come on dude, I'm exaggerating a bit, they're decent fights but not one of them means all that much.

Volk vs Toporia alone is bigger than this entire card.

Back