UFC 284:Mahkachev vs Volkanovski PBP

Yeah unfortunately. I'm seeing too many people who I otherwise respect as analysts and good bettors score the fight for Volk. Big disappointment. How much of a fan you guys are? Leave the emotions out, turn off the commentary and ignore who you bet on in this fight. I guess Volk doing better than expected and wow moments could have swayed most of the people. Rogan was probably high during his Fight Companion but he said 'Volk won 100%.' Come on man...

I'll rewatch at some point but I'm very sure i won't see it differently. Islam clearly won 3 rounds of that fight.

Yeah unfortunately. I'm seeing too many people who I otherwise respect as analysts and good bettors score the fight for Volk. Big disappointment. How much of a fan you guys are? Leave the emotions out, turn off the commentary and ignore who you bet on in this fight. I guess Volk doing better than expected and wow moments could have swayed most of the people. Rogan was probably high during his Fight Companion but he said 'Volk won 100%.' Come on man...
I think that 1,2,4 Islam is the correct score.
I think an argument could be me for Volk because Rd2 was really close and Rd4, although Islam had the body triangle locked in, was only used to stall the fight. When somebody like Sterling does the same thing they are looking for RNCs, striking the side of the head and body etc. Islam didn't do any of that. Just hung on for an entire round, even while Volk was punching him behind his back.
Again, it's hard not to score the 4th for Islam due to the positional dominance, but depending on the damage/aggression criteria a point could be made for Volk winning that round despite the position.
You are probably right though, I think emotions play a large part into why people think Volk deserved the nod. He came in as a far smaller underdog, and really looked like the superior fighter by the end of the match.

Don't do it. Dricus has weird cardio. A few fights ago he somehow went all out and seemed like he was gonna has and didn't. Brunsons chin is very suspect.
Yes, and there's more worring things for a Brunson bet, aside the cardio. Rewatched some fights of both men. Brunson is too ineffectual in his stand up. If he can't take Dricus down and control him for long periods (or submit him), I don't see his striking capable of winning him this fight on its own.

Counter to that is that I don't think Dricus has faced that calibre of a wrestler before and even vs. the guys that he fought he didn't show amazing TD defence. Also his way of striking (the footwork more precisely) make him very open get taken down. And I'm not sure he himself even will want to just stick to striking and not wanting to mix in wrestling or will not getting lured into wrestling by Brunson's constant attempts. I think it'll be a scrap where Brunson's more experience at high level will show up and will be the difference. Still leaning Brunson, but I'm not as confident.

In a fight that isn’t limited to 5 rounds, volk finishes Islam. He won the fight imo, just Not on the official scorecards or my scorecards for that matter.

islam is the one who would break. Volk finishing the fight on top pummeling him where he’s best should be a clear message

In a fight that isn’t limited to 5 rounds, volk finishes Islam. He won the fight imo, just Not on the official scorecards or my scorecards for that matter.

islam is the one who would break. Volk finishing the fight on top pummeling him where he’s best should be a clear message

I mean...in a theoretical fight like that there would be no rounds maybe? Islam would have Volk's back and at some point maybe wears him down and finishes him. Volk waited out round 1 and the bell got Islam off his back. He wasn't anywhere close to shaking him without the round ending.

I mean...in a theoretical fight like that there would be no rounds maybe? Islam would have Volk's back and at some point maybe wears him down and finishes him. Volk waited out round 1 and the bell got Islam off his back. He wasn't anywhere close to shaking him without the round ending.
pride rules volk wins. Or a fight without round limits, still five minutes. They fight until someone gets finished

I think Islam looked really good on the feet. His reads and counters were solid. Volk is an all timer. Should’ve known not to bet Islam itd after the Ortega fight. You’re going to have to put him to sleep to stop him

pride rules volk wins. Or a fight without round limits, still five minutes. They fight until someone gets finished

I think I'd agree on Pride rules yeah, and without round limits. But these are arbitrary things that don't apply. Like if I say "No rounds no time limit Islam wins because he's on Volk's back and Volk has no way to escape because no rounds..."

I think I'd agree on Pride rules yeah, and without round limits. But these are arbitrary things that don't apply. Like if I say "No rounds no time limit Islam wins because he's on Volk's back and Volk has no way to escape because no rounds..."

I guess it’s just a way of saying that volk may have lost last night but he turned the best grappler in mma into a turtle and was pounding his face in when the horn sounded

almost all fighters use iv's just as almost all fighters juice, it's nothing surprising.

Yes, and there's more worring things for a Brunson bet, aside the cardio. Rewatched some fights of both men. Brunson is too ineffectual in his stand up. If he can't take Dricus down and control him for long periods (or submit him), I don't see his striking capable of winning him this fight on its own.

Counter to that is that I don't think Dricus has faced that calibre of a wrestler before and even vs. the guys that he fought he didn't show amazing TD defence. Also his way of striking (the footwork more precisely) make him very open get taken down. And I'm not sure he himself even will want to just stick to striking and not wanting to mix in wrestling or will not getting lured into wrestling by Brunson's constant attempts. I think it'll be a scrap where Brunson's more experience at high level will show up and will be the difference. Still leaning Brunson, but I'm not as confident.
Dricus finishes Brunson in two rounds. He might have problems in round one, but he should survive and finish the job due to Derrick gassing.

Back