PBP UFC 270: Ngannou vs. Gane - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
You don’t have a tendency for fighter bashing.

But you do have a tendency to find people you disagree with and tell them that what they are saying isn’t true at all and couldn’t possibly be true and provide 0 explanation.

That’s not against the rules. But it does make for difficult conversation at times.

And @Ares Black has a tendency to get frustrated with people who disagree with him when there is little/no reasoning provided.

Go figure you two bash heads once in awhile. Just remember your both solid dudes.
WRONG

If it's 4 ounce gloves I'd back Ngannou tbh.

Lmao.

Ngannou gets crippled by Andy Ruiz in boxing, forget about Fury. Now give him ten boxing matches I'd love to see him in there with a good boxer.

He was getting pieced up by Gane.

Gane landed a ton of good strikes. You think Ngannou was wrestling because that was his gameplan?

No dude. Gane hurt him.

He wrestled because he wasn't gonna win on volume against a guy backpedaling the whole fight. I didn't see Gane land anything major. The first two rounds were relatively uneventful, the biggest thing I saw Gane doing was just not get hurt. But he did nothing impressive besides that

The most impressive part of the fight was Ngannou's takedowns. I don't think the fight was close and I agree with the judge who scored it 49-46

You don’t have a tendency for fighter bashing.

But you do have a tendency to find people you disagree with and tell them that what they are saying isn’t true at all and couldn’t possibly be true and provide 0 explanation.

That’s not against the rules. But it does make for difficult conversation at times.

And @Ares Black has a tendency to get frustrated with people who disagree with him when there is little/no reasoning provided.

Go figure you two bash heads once in awhile. Just remember your both solid dudes.
I dunno, we've always gotten along just fine. That's why I was confused.

Yea In rounds 3 and 4 maybe, he definitely could have taken more risks.

He had solid positioning, hands free, body control, and could have done damage. But yea the hand control from gane was prevalent during most of the early grappling exchanges. By mid round 4 he was tired and although he may have tried to get up, not sure he really had the gas to actually get 265lb+ Ngannou off of him.

Regardless there were many moments in the fight where throwing a heavy gnp shot was worth the risk of Gane getting up and throwing patter, one good elbow or punch would have made that win much easier.

gg to Gane, but he's never faced a wrestler before. Now it's time to evolve, good thing he never fought Blaydes.
265+ Ngannou? He weighed in at 257lbs.

IF Francis fights Fury, it's going to be a Conor-Mayweather deal where the UFC gets a HUGE cut of the action. Also, let's face it, it's not going to be a payday like those guys got. That one was the top draws in BOTH sports. Francis and Fury are good draws, but nothing like that.
Francis is going to let his contract expire, if he's guaranteed to get that Fury fight
By the way Ngannou vs Fury doesn't need to do Mayweather vs McGregor type of numbers for Francis to get payed. Anything north of 700k ppv sell, but men are walking home with at least $20 million a piece.

It was the worst fight on the main card. Although the last 3 rounds were more interesting than the first two. Francis had to dig deep. So did Gane, but he made a mental error in the 5th which cost him the fight.

<Lmaoo>

I'm happy for Big Frank. I hope this put Dana's blood pressure through the roof.

Did Ngannou have Cereal in any real danger at any time or did he just control him?
Tough to say. Gane was in some bad positions at times, and on the feet Ngannou was dangerous, even when he was getting outstruck.

My biggest takeaway is that Ngannou is enormous and very very strong, and has underrated fight IQ.

265+ Ngannou? He weighed in at 257lbs.

Yes, mang. That's why I asked "wouldn't you?"
We all would.
FWIW, DC though Ngannou looked a lot bigger in the Octagon, like around 270. IDK, but he definitely looked bigger to me. The size difference between Ngannou and Gane between weigh ins and fight night looked significant to me. Gane looked the same size at the weigh ins. No idea why Ngannou would cut extra weight if that's what he did. But it certainly looked that way. ;)

brandon-moreno-battles-deiveson-figueiredo-during-ufc-270-at-the-in-picture-id1237920289

heavyweight-world-champion-cameroons-francis-ngannou-celebrates-over-picture-id1237920063

Lmao.

Ngannou gets crippled by Andy Ruiz in boxing, forget about Fury. Now give him ten boxing matches I'd love to see him in there with a good boxer.

He was getting pieced up by Gane.

In normal boxing gloves Ngannou gets pieced up easily by just about any of the top boxers. In UFC gloves though I think it will be the boxers who will be making the bigger adjustment and not Ngannou.

Francis is going to let his contract expire, if he's guaranteed to get that Fury fight
By the way Ngannou vs Fury doesn't need to do Mayweather vs McGregor type of numbers for Francis to get payed. Anything north of 700k ppv sell, but men are walking home with at least $20 million a piece.
UFC contracts don't allow for that. Especially coming off a win. Other guys have tried. Couture, etc. NEVER seen any of them succeed. I wish him well, but I doubt it...

As far as I can tell, he's locked in for at least another year at best...

https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2022/1/...ique-opportunity-ufc-contract-changes-ufc-270

lol 600k to the HW champ headlining a PPV. I hope Francis tells Dana to eat ass.

I honestly think he wasn't expecting Ngannou to grapple.

And you gotta remember he's still very green. His rise has been meteoric. I'm still on the Gane Train.

No hard feelings.

Gane a special talent for sure, will bounce back. He might be lucky Francis started wrestling only in the second half, if he took him down in the first when he was still fresh... I don't recall seeing Ngannou's ground and pound but I imagine it can be scary.

Gane a special talent for sure, will bounce back. He might be lucky Francis started wrestling only in the second half, if he took him down in the first when he was still fresh... I don't recall seeing Ngannou's ground and pound but I imagine it can be scary.
This loss might be really good for him. It's hard to imagine losing until it happens. At least his first loss was something he can learn from, and he didn't wake up staring up at the lights.

Tough to say. Gane was in some bad positions at times, and on the feet Ngannou was dangerous, even when he was getting outstruck.

My biggest takeaway is that Ngannou is enormous and very very strong, and has underrated fight IQ.

He's a fucking bull. He basically took Gane down in those later rounds with brute strength, despite being Gassed. I think at the very least he has good survival instincts , having a Solid Chin also helps him.

Back