PBP UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What do you mean he wasn't taking the fight seriously? I just think he felt out of place because he hasn't fought in so long

The first two rounds he was making faces at Usman, swinging wildly, and letting Usman cut off the cage when they spent the first fight trading in the center of the cotagon.

If he would have stood his ground, gained Kamarus respect (which he did once he started fighting seriously in the third), that fight very well may have been won by him.

Theres no way whatever the hell he was doing during the first 2 rounds was "the gameplan".

The first two rounds he was making faces at Usman, swinging wildly, and letting Usman cut off the cage when they spent the first fight trading in the center of the cotagon.

If he would have stood his ground, gained Kamarus respect (which he did once he started fighting seriously in the third), that fight very well may have been won by him.

Theres no way whatever the hell he was doing during the first 2 rounds was "the gameplan".
That's called ring rust

2 of the 3 judges scored the fight for Rose, that's true.

Close fight, no robbery. Could easily be scored for either fighter.

Since you are obviously just an asshole looking for a fight, I think we're done here. Welcome to the ignore list!

Darn, ignored by the great armchair expert, Ares Black. I don’t live on these forums like you, so I think I’ll live, sweetie.

fdkie5hx0aevlqn-jpg.889424

Colby did enough the last 3 rounds after I thought he was done after round 2, that 2 big wins he can get a big payday 3rd fight with Usman .

Same, the argument could slightly be made for round five but I couldn’t really score it for him. I feel like people were getting excited whenever Colby showed signs of life
Colby shows signs of life and Usman slowed down his pressure and because of that people want to just give it to Colby but I don’t think he did enough.

Didn't his father come to America and scam millions of dollars off the taxpayer? He spent almost a decade in prison for it and had to pay back 1.3 million dollars. Had he done that in Nigeria they'd have taken an arm off.

He literally didn't make himself. His mother gave birth to him.

what exactly do you care for? jesus man... I'm
Colby shows signs of life and Usman slowed down his pressure and because of that people want to just give it to Colby but I don’t think he did enough.

Yep. Its a classic phenomenon in combat sports: the dominant fighter has some adversity, and the fans see that as him losing

When he said, "You haven't seen the best of Colby -Chaos- Covington! I'll be back in the gym Monday." I also took that as a clear sign of retirement.
My message was sent before his speech, when his team was cutting his gloves, but ok

He was winning the round then got hurt and dropped, doesn't constitute a 10-8.
Have you seen all of the media scores? The judges scores? Everybody has it 10-8. One outlet had the fight for Colby out of 18 of them. You're in the minority and you're probably emotionally invested. I like both guys but Usman won that fight easily

Have you seen all of the media scores? The judges scores? Everybody has it 10-8. One outlet had the fight for Colby out of 18 of them. You're in the minority and you're probably emotionally invested. I like both guys but Usman won that fight easily
I thought Usman would win and I'm not MAGA so I'm not Colby-slanted at all. Usman was hitting a lot of arms and air that round before hurting Colby. Obviously, Colby got hurt super badly, but that was a very small portion of the round and he was able to sit on a single waiting for the round to end. I think to call it 10-8 you would need to make the assumption that Usman finishes it given another minute, and I wouldn't count Colby out at that point.

I thought Usman would win and I'm not MAGA so I'm not Colby-slanted at all. Usman was hitting a lot of arms and air that round before hurting Colby. Obviously, Colby got hurt super badly, but that was a very small portion of the round and he was able to sit on a single waiting for the round to end. I think to call it 10-8 you would need to make the assumption that Usman finishes it given another minute, and I wouldn't count Colby out at that point.
A 10-8 is when you're about to finish them? Makes no sense considering there have been 10-7 rounds. agree to disagree

He looked like he did. But he also was not taking the fight seriously.

Sure you could make a solid case for Colby winning 3-4-5 but round 2 then should have been a 10-8 so at best its a draw.

Colby could have won that fight, he lost it because he did not take it seriously at the beginning.

Usman was there to be had and Colby for whatever reason did not live up to the moment.

It was not a 10-8. Colby clearly won 3,4 and 5.

He did not look ready in round 1 and 2. Maybe it was ring rust or he was just nervous. Either way he did enough to win and probably should have.

Great fun folks. Thanks for all the comments. These PbPs greatly enhance enjoyment of the card. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. See you 'round the boards.

Back