PBP UFC 268: Usman vs. Covington 2 - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Explain how Colby won ALL three final rounds, despite being outstruck (volume & significant) in TWO of those 3 rounds and not scoring a single takedown all fight... Nor was he able to inflict any significant damage on Usman, while his face was beat to hell himself... Colby fanboys think he deserves to take the belt for getting close? Participation award city.

"Blatant" is absurd here. Maybe some blatant favouritism to Colby, but the guy got beat, never dropped Usman & attempted lame, failed takedowns whenever he actually landed a punch.
Because he landed the better strikes, better combinations and had Usman hurt a few times. Especially in the third, Usman did the stanky leg at the end of the round, he was saved by the bell just like Colby was in round 2. You don't score fights based on how damaged someone's face looks. You don't lose rounds because of failed takedowns. Colby landed strikes that shook Usman several times, he clearly won rounds 3, 4 and 5. Usman clearly won the first 2 rounds but after that Colby won the next 3. I'm not being biased here either that was a pretty clear fight to score imo. I can see an argument for a draw if the 2nd round was a 10-8 but no way did Usman win any of those third rounds. I think the judges and commentators showed some champion bias as they often do. I though Zhang should have won her fight too but that fight was much closer.

Zhang literally fell over twice and Colby slipped around 6 times and Usman around 4 times. Super ridiculous.

there was more than that. A guy I was with was asking what was wrong with the canvas way before those fights. I can’t even understand how that would happen. How is it not a standard canvas that is exactly the same each time. Why would it change. Absolutely bush league.

Because he landed the better strikes, better combinations and had Usman hurt a few times. Especially in the third, Usman did the stanky leg at the end of the round, he was saved by the bell just like Colby was in round 2. You don't score fights based on how damaged someone's face looks. You don't lose rounds because of failed takedowns. Colby landed strikes that shook Usman several times, he clearly won rounds 3, 4 and 5. Usman clearly won the first 2 rounds but after that Colby won the next 3. I'm not being biased here either that was a pretty clear fight to score imo. I can see an argument for a draw if the 2nd round was a 10-8 but no way did Usman win any of those third rounds. I think the judges and commentators showed some champion bias as they often do. I though Zhang should have won her fight too but that fight was much closer.

"Striking – The fighter that lands more legal strikes on his opponent will be ahead in terms of striking during a fight. Potentially fight-ending strikes and knockdowns carry more weight than strikes that don't cause severe damage."

So Usman is ahead on both counts there and Colby scored zero for takedowns so explain to me again how he won 2 rounds where he was outstruck and did no more dmg to the other guy than he did to him. Agression and ring control about even both rounds- Colby sure as hell wasn't on his bike like a guy trying to take the belt.

Is Burgos ever going to stop using his face as a defensive method ? Jesus

definitely one of the lowest IQs in the promotion

there was more than that. A guy I was with was asking what was wrong with the canvas way before those fights. I can’t even understand how that would happen. How is it not a standard canvas that is exactly the same each time. Why would it change. Absolutely bush league.

I only caught the last few fights. The canvas was ridiculous.

They're wrong. Colby easily won 3, 4 and 5. Aren't these the same sites that have to toe the UFC company line or get refused access to media events? The commentary was very biased, probably influenced a lot of people watching the fight. Colby won the 3rd, 4th and 5th. I can see how someone would have it a draw but no way did Usman win that fight.
I think you are wrong. The only indisputable rounds were 2 for Usman and 3 for Colby. But Usman's round two was clearly more dominant and should have been a 10-8. Draw is absolute best case scenario for Colby, but Usman out landed him in 3 out of 5 rounds and for the fight as a whole. Overall, Colby did great, but Usman was just a little better.

Wow! Yes! That was an entertaining card and competitive fights. Great wins for Justin, Vera, Rose and Usman!

"Striking – The fighter that lands more legal strikes on his opponent will be ahead in terms of striking during a fight. Potentially fight-ending strikes and knockdowns carry more weight than strikes that don't cause severe damage."

So Usman is ahead on both counts there and Colby scored zero for takedowns so explain to me again how he won 2 rounds where he was outstruck and did no more dmg to the other guy than he did to him. Agression and ring control about even both rounds- Colby sure as hell wasn't on his bike like a guy trying to take the belt.
Potentially fight ending strikes. Colby landed more of those than Usman in rounds 3, 4 and 5. He had Usman shook a few times. I thought it was pretty clear he won the last 3 rounds.

Potentially fight ending strikes. Colby landed more of those than Usman in rounds 3, 4 and 5. He had Usman shook a few times. I thought it was pretty clear he won the last 3 rounds.

Sounds like a desperate fan stretch to me, calling anything Colby landed there "potentially fight ending". They've fought 10 rounds now and it's 4:0 in the knockdowns department. Colby just doesn't have anything for Usman. I think THAT's pretty clear by now.

Sounds like a desperate fan stretch to me, calling anything Colby landed there "potentially fight ending". They've fought 10 rounds now and it's 4:0 in the knockdowns department. Colby just doesn't have anything for Usman. I think THAT's pretty clear by now.
You didn't see Usman do the stanky leg at the end of round 3 lol? Colby landed some good shots that shook Usman in the 3rd, 4th and 5th rounds you can't deny that. I'm being clear and unbiased about what I saw with my own eyes. I saw Colby get the better of Usman in 3 rounds. Usman won the first two clearly. The biggest question is whether round 2 should be a 10-8. I see it as a 10-9 because although Usman got close to a finish, he was only dominating the last 60 seconds of the round, not enough for it to be a 10-8 imo. If Usman won fair and square I would commend him, he's a great fighter but this was a bad decision. Colby won 3, 4 and 5. This fight wasn't as close as Rose vs Zhang.

Crazy to think this card had:
- Wheel Kick KO
- Front Kick KO
- Flying Knee KO

Boy that was one of the best back to back weekends in UFC history. Absolutely amazing cards. And now Holloway vs. Yair!

Back