Rumored UFC 267 on Oct 30 in Abu Dhabi: Jan vs. Glover and Also vs. Yan; non-PPV

“UFC 267 is slated for Oct 30 in Abu Dhabi”

“Interestingly enough, the event is currently scheduled to be a non-PPV numbered event in USA”

… am I the only one who’s lost?
My guess is that he means as a market, not sure where besides Canada and USA still have a PPV model for the UFC.

This is just ensure sterling gets no extra pay from ppv points.

Hilarious

You must be a newer fan. They had non ppv numbered events during the spike tv era. I believe hendo vs rampage was non ppv numbered event.

More reasoning as to why they might not go the ppv route for this card. Don’t think this is signaling the end of the ppv model.

Also I remember several years ago how this works. If you're a fighter and you have ppv points in your contract as champion, they give you like an upfront fee if it's not ppv. But I'm thinking shenanigans are happening because Sterling did not win that belt fairly. He was getting his ass whooped and took the easy win. Dana will remember this. Smith could have taken the DQ win vs Jones and he was hit much harder. (Because its Jones a fucking LHW) but he didnt. He knew it would be a tainted win. Sterling didnt care and made the self serving choice to mill the dq win. Which short term it will serve him. Long term. Well dont expect him to get an analyst job like Smith has. Or any job with the ufc post career. But Sterling can still say he was a former UFC champion. He has that right. But he will be in the secondary or third category, along with guys like Carlos condit who won the interim belt, shane carwin interim, gateje also interim champ. But history wont really look at them as former champions. I'd rank Matt Serra over all of them. At least he won legit from the rightful champion in arguably the goat GSP.. but these guys who were awarded interim belts and never won the real one, or like sterling via milking a foul. They wont be remembered.

It's going to be on during the day so gonna be tough to charge ppv with no stars.

“Interestingly enough, the event is currently scheduled to be a non-PPV numbered event in USA”

Is a bit confusing. I think there have been some in the past that have been numbered but just on TV and not PPV. Maybe I'm wrong.

this will be the that sherdog dies

glover and aljo going to be the king of kings

I think there have been some in the past that have been numbered but just on TV and not PPV. Maybe I'm wrong.
You're not wrong, they just haven't done it in awhile.

109245-1024__39091.1534286480.jpg

Not all champs get PPV points.

I seriously doubt that Sterling would've gotten them if he'd cleanly beaten Yan.

Neither Sterling or Yan have ever main evented a card before, and this will only be Sterling's third fight on a PPV main card.

He said he was getting it. I think it was some rant about ufc trying to screw him over and have him headline a fight night so he doesn't get ppv points.

Beat UFC’s pet project Adesanya

LvvKYRt.gif

loses PPV points in his next fight

Wtf is he so disgusted about? He was looking at the wrong screen and thought he was watching a boxing match? Jan beat his boy everywhere lol.

To be fair ppv points only kick in after you hit a certain amount of ppvs sold and this card isnt going to sell shit.

Do you know what that number is? I've read it's 200k.

Hope somehow aljo pulls it off just for the chuckles
Imagine the rage from everyone lol. I'd prefer Yan as champ but asides from Sterling's acting performance, I've always been a fan. I suspect his jabs at Dana White aren't doing him any favours

Hes saying its not gonna be on PPV in the USA even though almost all numbered events usually are on PPV

Back