UFC 266 - Volkanovski vs Ortega - Offical discussion

maximov against an average guy that is fighting on 3 days notice at even money? Ok I will take it...

Tracy Cortez has a huge head btw.....

Last edited:
maximov against an average guy that is fighting on 3 days notice at even money? Ok I will take it...
Maximov's first 4 MMA opponents had a combined record of 1-12. His most recent MMA opponent was a fatso.

Brundage has a split decision loss to Bryan Battle in 2018, and had William Knight flattened in back mount on DWCS.

I don’t think either of them have a legit KO threat. Lawler got KOd in the first one only because he was very careless. I think this time around it’s going to be a slow burn, lot of clinch work and hugging e.g diaz Anderson Silva
Like Diaz/Masvidal... fight stoppage risk due to cuts.

Tracy Cortez has a huge head btw.....
Yes bro take it TAKE IT!!! Nice to see how people confidently laying money on fights that they don't know nothing about.

Brundage was already in camp because he supposed to fight Oct 6 at Contender Series. He basically had a full camp. But whatever go with your false narrative and keep spreading the false information here.

Volk's maybe my least favorite fighter in the UFC. Its very obvious he's trying to make beef where there isn't any for no reason at all. He's incredibly boring as a fighter and, while effective and strong/powerful, he's just not much fun to watch. I'm not sure how anyone could be a fan of his.
Free tickets 4 life with this comment. Volk is just so meh. I still think Max is the better fighter out of the two.

Yes bro take it TAKE IT!!! Nice to see how people confidently laying money on fights that they don't know nothing about.

Brundage was already in camp because he supposed to fight Oct 6 at Contender Series. He basically had a full camp. But whatever go with your false narrative and keep spreading the false information here.
Nothing i said was false lol

ya boy danis got arrested in seaside such a scummy man.

Everyone made weight.

opponents-alexander-volkanovski-of-australia-and-brian-ortega-face-picture-id1342349352

opponents-valentina-shevchenko-of-kyrgyzstan-and-lauren-murphy-face-picture-id1342350056

opponents-nick-diaz-and-robbie-lawler-face-off-during-the-ufc-266-picture-id1342349982

opponents-curtis-blaydes-and-jairzinho-rozenstruik-of-suriname-face-picture-id1342350171

opponents-jessica-andrade-of-brazil-and-cynthia-calvillo-face-off-picture-id1342349911

opponents-marlon-moraes-of-brazil-and-merab-dvalishvili-of-georgia-picture-id1342349175

opponents-dan-hooker-of-new-zealand-and-nasrat-haqparast-of-germany-picture-id1342358696

opponents-shamil-abdurakhimov-of-russia-and-chris-daukaus-face-off-picture-id1342349116

opponents-roxanne-modafferi-and-taila-santos-of-brazil-face-off-the-picture-id1342354005

opponents-uros-medic-of-serbia-and-jalin-turner-face-off-during-the-picture-id1342357845

opponents-cody-brundage-and-nick-maximov-face-off-during-the-ufc-266-picture-id1342347307

opponents-matthew-semelsberger-and-martin-sano-face-off-during-the-picture-id1342347282

opponents-jonathan-pearce-and-omar-morales-of-venezuela-face-off-the-picture-id1342347286

I have to bet on Brundage. He should be a small favorite over Maximov. Should be heavier and stronger in the grappling.

Jason Jackson and Robbie seem to feel good about a KO. Makes me feel better about their strategy for props I have.

Added to u2.5 in the Medic fight @ -143, and Morales @ -150.

I think Calvillo is going to be able to take down, control, and possibly even finish Andrade.

Her standup isn't as good as Andrade's, but everywhere else I think she's better. I mean we saw a gassed Rose take her down at ease in round 3 of their fight @ 115lbs.

Calvillo has the reach advantage, grappling advantage, and is bigger than Andrade.

I got greedy and played her decision line @ +450, but as the fight draws closer, I regret not taking her ML.

I think Calvillo is going to be able to take down, control, and possibly even finish Andrade.

Her standup isn't as good as Andrade's, but everywhere else I think she's better. I mean we saw a gassed Rose take her down at ease in round 3 of their fight @ 115lbs.

Calvillo has the reach advantage, grappling advantage, and is bigger than Andrade.

I got greedy and played her decision line @ +450, but as the fight draws closer, I regret not taking her ML.

Jalin is a big LW after seeing their weigh in. I think Medic is legit but he's still very unproven. We don't even know what happens if he's out of the 1st round or if it goes late or much of his grappling/sub questions. I'd prolly pick Medic but I dunno about that one

Do you mean the 'takedown' with 30 seconds to go where Andrade instantly reversed her and got up? UFC stats rightfully didn't even count it, and Namajunas was awarded 0 seconds of control time in that fight. Let's not spread misinformation, someone might actually blindly tail you.

Hooker is going to murder Nasrat

Ohh man...I'd be nervous as hell playing Hooker here. Gun to my head I guess I pick him to win but the guy has taken crazy damage over the past few years. As much as some guys take in a decade or more.

Ohh man...I'd be nervous as hell playing Hooker here. Gun to my head I guess I pick him to win but the guy has taken crazy damage over the past few years. As much as some guys take in a decade or more.

Maybe Chandler cracked his chin but the dude didn't even go out from the 10+ follow up shots.

Maybe Chandler cracked his chin but the dude didn't even go out from the 10+ follow up shots.

Not really just the Chandler fight though, that was more one big shot that (while not putting completely out) ended it. I'm more talking about the cumulative damage he took in the war vs Felder, the war vs Poirier, and the beating at the hands of Barboza. All of those fights plus the KO loss to Chandler are within the last 3 years.

I'm not saying that I know for sure Hooker is getting shopworn, I don't. I'm saying that numerous fights like that in a relatively short time span can absolutely start to age guys quickly and I'd be at least mildly concerned that's the case with Hooker if I was paying juice on him here.

Back