Media UFC 266 Countdown - Lawler vs. Diaz II Segment

Weird, other than this promo. I've seen/heard nothing about this fight at all.

I think they finally learned, to get the best from Nick Diaz, leave the guy alone and let him fight

I never watched the first fight (only started watching the UFC around 2010-2011).
Is there a reason for me to be excited for this bout?
I've seen Lawler a bunch of times. Is Diaz washed? Will this fight be as entertaining as they make it out to be OR will it be a lazy fight between two washed up fighters?
It will absolutely be a banger, neither Lawler nor Nick come just for a check, Diaz bros were born to fight, and Lawler is the same.

Their first fight was exciting, especially in that time as everyone, even Rogan, thought Nick was just another "BJJ guy", little did we know Nick would be a star with his stand up abilities.

This is THE most heavily anticipated fight of this card, period. If we were to take a poll of all the fights on this card, & which most people would be excited to see about, I'd be my account that Nick/Robbie 2 would win, by a good margin too.

Edit: Also both Diaz bros regularly participate in triathlons, and marathons, I seriously doubt he will be lazy, and with the exception of Robbie vs Colby, he's never been hesitant or lazy. So yes, it is absolutely worth watching.

Is it me, or it seems like Nick is speaking better now, sobriety? His speech in old interviews from a couple of years ago was bad, like CTE bad, now he sounds like a regular person.

Interesting to hear Nick say hes gonna flatout beat Robbie. He usually never says hes gonna beat the guy prefight specially someone like Robbie who he respects alot

also its clear what the draw of this card is despite having 2 title fights and a TUF season backing one of them lol.........

DNMWC7T.png
Noticed that earlier, its not even close, the 3rd fight is getting 4x views of the other two segments combined, understandable for Valentina's can crushing, i mean, she is not entertaining outside of the cage, but the FW title deserves better, even if its Volk.

Interesting to hear Nick say hes gonna flatout beat Robbie. He usually never says hes gonna beat the guy prefight specially someone like Robbie who he respects alot

also its clear what the draw of this card is despite having 2 title fights and a TUF season backing one of them lol.........

DNMWC7T.png
Well, Shevchenko vs Murphy is a joke, so those numbers aren't surprising.

Edit: Also both Diaz bros regularly participate in triathlons, and marathons, I seriously doubt he will be lazy, and with the exception of Robbie vs Colby, he's never been hesitant or lazy. So yes, it is absolutely worth watching.

Neither of them regularly participate in marathons.

Nate has continued to do endurance events (not frequently but throughout) over recent years, Nick has absolutely not. Nick spent entire years drinking and partying in Vegas and LA.

People need to stop repeating this. Its completely made up.

Nick had multiple years where he was drinking and partying all week long. Entire years went by with zero training. I don't know where people get this notion that Nick is a cardio monster participating in endurance events. Nate has been in shape and training straight through, Nick was in Vegas and LA getting hammered for months on end.

They only let out tiny clips of Nick in the gym now and he looks slow as molasses. He's looked heavy and overweight as recently as the last few weeks so I have a serious doubt he's in any kind of fight shape.

Robbie has been losing decisions to some of the best fighters in the world and regularly training at a world class facility. He never stopped being a fighter. Nick hasn't fought in a dog's life.

I think there is a very real chance we see Nick get beat up badly in this fight.
Nick actually just competed in one two months ago and has been signed to a team for awhile now...oops now you sound like a hater and like you don't know what you're talking about.

Neither of them regularly participate in marathons.

Nate has continued to do endurance events (not frequently but throughout) over recent years, Nick has absolutely not. Nick spent entire years drinking and partying in Vegas and LA.

People need to stop repeating this. Its completely made up.
Nick and Nate Diaz are actually signed to the Michael David Winery sports team and are contractually obligated to regularly compete in events as a part of their roster. Oops looks like you're misinformed again or just like to spread lies. People like you need to stop repeating things you either assume or completely make up.

Source: https://crankednaturals.com/blogs/news/mdw-sports-elite-team-announced

Nick actually just competed in one two months ago and has been signed to a team for awhile now...oops now you sound like a hater and like you don't know what you're talking about.

I've only had one AV for the last decade and you're looking at it. Obviously I follow Nick on social media.

If you also follow him, you watched him and AJ kick around Vegas for entire months on end with Nick completely wasted. Middle of the week, middle of the night, nonstop. He kicked back and forth to LA. Nate went public multiple times asking him to come home.

The point I am clearing up for folks who say "Nick Diaz is always in shape" NO HE IS NOT. He's spent entire years out of shape and out of the academy. Do you know why they closed shop and moved to a new academy that Nate had to pay for? Nick was MIA for years.

I was also replying to someone who said "Nick and Nate regularly compete in marathons." That is just a straight up lie.

Dentists - literally - finish these endurance events better than Nick and he hasn't been in the game for years. He hasn't been in fight camp for a dog's life and I have absolutely no reason to believe he's in fight shape right now.

Nick and Nate Diaz are actually signed to the Michael David Winery sports team and are contractually obligated to regularly compete in events as a part of their roster. Oops looks like you're misinformed again or just like to spread lies. People like you need to stop repeating things you either assume or completely make up.

Source: https://crankednaturals.com/blogs/news/mdw-sports-elite-team-announced

I've only had one AV for the last decade and you're looking at it. Obviously I follow Nick on social media.

If you also follow him, you watched him and AJ kick around Vegas for entire months on end with Nick completely wasted. Middle of the week, middle of the night, nonstop. He kicked back and forth to LA. Nate went public multiple times asking him to come home.

The point I am clearing up for folks who say "Nick Diaz is always in shape" NO HE IS NOT. He's spent entire years out of shape and out of the academy. Do you know why they closed shop and moved to a new academy that Nate had to pay for? Nick was MIA for years.

I was also replying to someone who said "Nick and Nate regularly compete in marathons." That is just a straight up lie.

Dentists - literally - finish these endurance events better than Nick and he hasn't been in the game for years. He hasn't been in fight camp for a dog's life and I have absolutely no reason to believe he's in fight shape right now.

We will all know a lot more this weekend. That's for sure. Can't wait.

nick has the fat drunk face

I'm a huge Nick Diaz fan for decades and I'm friendly with people from their academy over years.

Its cracking me up people who don't realize Nick spent a significant portion of the last decade consuming alcohol all night long.

the fact that he's your AV makes it even more shameful that you would tell people he's not training like an elite level athlete when he's literally spent more of his life doing that than he was partying. He did not have much of a socialized child hood or young adult life partying so the 6 years he spent doing it as an adult are roughly the same amount of time most drinkers do they just do it between the ages of 17-26. Either way you're wrong as there's plenty of evidence of him being back into the groove of his training. He seems to be of sober mind as well.

the fact that he's your AV makes it even more shameful that you would tell people he's not training like an elite level athlete when he's literally spent more of his life doing that than he was partying. He did not have much of a socialized child hood or young adult life partying so the 6 years he spent doing it as an adult are roughly the same amount of time most drinkers do they just do it between the ages of 17-26. Either way you're wrong as there's plenty of evidence of him being back into the groove of his training. He seems to be of sober mind as well.

I think we're at the point that speculation is just that and a difference of opinion won't change the outcome this weekend. Nick will perform well or he won't. Whatever influences it really isn't going to matter.

None of that means anything in the context of if he's prepared for a UFC fight.

Nick spent his mid to late 30's getting hammered. Nate stayed in shape and got Kron into triathlons and still made yearly outings. Nick was MIA for years, they LITERALLY closed the academy and Nate had to pay to open a new location. He's kept up his brothers name out of love and respect.

What did Nick place in that triathlon? What YEAR was the last one he was in before this winter?

Back