PBP UFC 261: Usman vs. Masvidal - Main Card PBP Discussion: 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who Wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Did Masvidal ever throw his pants into the crowd before? That looked like an act of desperation to be honest. Why would a champion do that...

Omg. I just finished watching the card from work. Unfortunately I missed it live BUT!
Man oh man was it a good one! One of the best cards I remember watching. Been a fan of the sport since 2009 and in recent years started to lose interest a little after many legends retired or started losing badly, but this card delivered to the point where I feel like MMA is more than alive. It’s been a great great card. what happened to Chris is super unfortunate and I wish him a full and speedy recovery. Same goes to crute.

Valentina was phenomenal! So was Rose!
And props to Usman obviously.
Main card all ended in Ko/Tko. Crazy!
Can’t wait to see both girls back in the octagon!
The Weidman thing almost feels supernatural it's so crazy. It's almost enough to make me truly believe in some kind of intelligently-guided karma, even if it is some alien god-child having a good laugh.
Holy shit, right? I mean I can’t even call it a coincidence. Too crazy!!!

Wow.

Hey dude, sorry I got back from a week long trip last night and I was fucking exhausted. Just fell asleep. Woke up to see Rose won by fucking headkick?!!

That's wild!!!!!!! Sucks I missed it, but there was no way I was staying up that late. So happy for Rose.
Dude, Rose melted her. Rd 1 finish. :)

Good riddance. That's how you send a journeyman down the rankings where he belongs. He's been milking his Askren KO and the fluke belt for too long.Two titleshots,and the second one unwarranted.

I realise this is completely off topic, but that's a weird quote in your av. Wolves are notoriously sociable pack animals.

{<huh}

...why use quotation marks if you are not actually going to quote someone? That isn't what he said.
Who gives a shit? It was near enough exactly what he said and had the exact same meaning and implication. I bet you count each individual rice crispy out of the box and email the company whenever you get one less. Bellend.

Masvidal and his fans kept saying that "Full Camp Jorge" fighting Usman would be different. Fact of the matter is I like Masvidal, but people need to look at his fight record. He is a good fighter, but is not great. He never beat a top 5 guy in his career in either LW or WW. He lost to Maia and Wonderboy, before he got 3 wins a row against Till, Askren, and Diaz.

Diaz fought for LW in his career, who also had no top ten wins at WW. Masvidal gets a title shot beating Nate Diaz, who was coming off one win against a past of the prime LW ( Anthony Pettis), after 3 years. The knee Masvidal threw at Askren was great, but that was primarily "luck" against Askren, since Masvidal said afterwards he did not think he would really knock him out with that move. Till was coming of a loss, and was gifted decision over Wonderboy. Till was a good fighter, but who cut a lot of weight to make WW, and he moved up to 185 after that.

So, Masvidal gets a second crack at the WW title, with no top 5 wins at 170. Somehow, his fans thought Masvidal was the greatest thing since sliced bread. People are forgetting that for this rematch, Usman was getting a "full camp" also, and his striking is getting better each time. Betting on Usman last night was easy money and Super Necessary. Masvidal had a very good career. Taking nothing away from that guy, but people thought he was greater than he actually was.

WOW! What a card.Great win for Shevchenko! Great win and congratulations to Rose on winning the title! What a great performance by Usman, he's still improving. Great win for Usman!

Back