• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 256 PBP/Discussion

This moron Barrett just had to run circles around Hooper and cruise to a decision.
Moreover, there were plenty of holes for him to exploit in order to stand back up, but didn't take them.
Best org in the world lol, when you have on a PPV a fight between a teenager bjj nerd and a low IQ brawler, there has to be a problem...

It was a really entertaining fight. I'm happy it was on the card.

Delagrati gave terrible advice to 2-on-1 his own leg (especially in MMA, but even in sport BJJ). The key to escaping heel hooks is to use the free leg to create distance while rolling in whatever direction the other guy is cranking.

Hooper should fight Nunes next tbh, I would favour Nunes.
Fucking THIS, Nunes is killing him on the feet all day and wouldn't fall to Imanari rolls, which are his only reliable takedowns...
Guy looks like a 16 year old who has boxed for 1 month in his life and has no wrestling. His bjj is damn good though.
Maybe he should consider becoming a grappling superstar à la Ryan Bros, would get less CTE...

Hooper getting trashed, and he does suck right now, but the kid is 21 years old. We'll see what happens, but in 3-4 years with the right camp and him growing into an actual man, he might be alright.
hmm, i dont know, he is not very athletic, he should also jsut move up in weight and gain some muscle, in order for him to become a good wrestler he should just get a lot stronger.

If Hooper can add some goddamn muscle he could be a force in 5 years.

Next few fights I will continue to fade him though.

Hooper getting trashed, and he does suck right now, but the kid is 21 years old. We'll see what happens, but in 3-4 years with the right camp and him growing into an actual man, he might be alright.

He needs to fight pretty low level competition until that happens. If not then he will be pretty beaten up by 25.

Fucking THIS, Nunes is killing him on the feet all day and wouldn't fall to Imanari rolls, which are his only reliable takedowns...
Guy looks like a 16 year old who has boxed for 1 month in his life and has no wrestling. His bjj is damn good though.
Maybe he should consider becoming a grappling superstar à la Ryan Bros, would get less CTE...
yes also it would make Nunes a big star. She would become the feminist poster girl.

ngl this was the toughest loss for me this year. Spent so much time taping and capping only to be validated and then to watch barrett get imanri roll/ankle picked with 2 minutes left is infuriating lol.

hmm, i dont know, he is not very athletic, he should also jsut move up in weight and gain some muscle, in order for him to become a good wrestler he should just get a lot stronger.

That's part of what I mean. He's a skinny kid. HIs body could be a lot different by his mid 20's.

A full-fade on Hooper and Barrett on DraftKings has worked out quite nicely.

Hooper $9300 is 25.3% owned
Barrett $6900 is 21.5% owned
Hooper 73.5 points
Barret 24 points

FightMetric was super generous with the strikes landed for both guys in Round 1 and 2, especially generous for Hooper... 73.5 points for Hooper means he 100% won't be on the winning lineup, but he should've scored around 65 points.

He needs to fight pretty low level competition until that happens. If not then he will be pretty beaten up by 25.

Very true.

i put a lil $$ on sam hughes decision. If she wins the first 2 rounds and then gets ankle picked im gonna lose my sh#t

ngl this was the toughest loss for me this year. Spent so much time taping and capping only to be validated and then to watch barrett get imanri roll/ankle picked with 2 minutes left is infuriating lol.
Surley u seen that in the research though, he can get tapped out of the blue by scrubs. I also made a stupid bet by finish in first 2 rounds, when he has gone to DEC against scrubs him self

That's part of what I mean. He's a skinny kid. HIs body could be a lot different by his mid 20's.
Do you still get stronger after 21?
Would like to have the experience from older guys on this subject...
At least I hope you do since I'm still too weak for my likings (I'm 22), but not as weak as Hooper though
I also only weigh 7 pounds more than when I was 18

i put a lil $$ on sam hughes decision. If she wins the first 2 rounds and then gets ankle picked im gonna lose my sh#t
torres is several levels above her, you are just burning money. I think Torrres might finish here.

If it went to a decision, Chris Lee was going to make sure that you were sweating the split-decision he was going to have in favor of Chase Hooper, while the other two judges had Pete Barrett winning both rounds.

Chris Lee is the same dude who keeps scoring the win for the wrong fighter. He's famous at this point.

If it went to a decision, Chris Lee was going to make sure that you were sweating the split-decision he was going to have in favor of Chase Hooper, while the other two judges had Pete Barrett winning both rounds.

Chris Lee is the same dude who keeps scoring the win for the wrong fighter. He's famous at this point.

How is this guy still employed?
o_O

Back