UFC 252: Miocic vs. Cormier 3 Discussion

JDS will not stand and strike with Jairzinho, he is a veteran and adjust his game plan for this fight. JDS will win by being a veteran and play his strenghts, he will win either by TKO or via decision.
JDS didn't even try taking Tuivasa down, who's just as bad off his back as Rozenstruik is. Hard to trust him to suddenly debut a grappling gameplan after his last takedown was in 2014.

Yeah WMMA is dog or pass anyway but if someone respected in here really likes the dog I'm in. Would never tape that garbage but at least I have a reason to watch the fight now haha

Am I missing something in thinking Jandiroba shouldn't be the favorite in this matchup against Herrig? Herrig should be the one winning the exchanges on the feet and I'm not seeing Jandiroba get this to the ground that easily. Where does Jandiroba present a problem to Herrig if the fight stays standing for long stretches?

JDS didn't even try taking Tuivasa down, who's just as bad off his back as Rozenstruik is. Hard to trust him to suddenly debut a grappling gameplan after his last takedown was in 2014.
Fair enough, but you also need to take into consideration that JDS was not worried about Tuivasa's striking because he is waay better tham him standing. But he should be worried about Jairzinho's power; if JDS is smart he will mix in take downs.

Am I missing something in thinking Jandiroba shouldn't be the favorite in this matchup against Herrig? Herrig should be the one winning the exchanges on the feet and I'm not seeing Jandiroba get this to the ground that easily. Where does Jandiroba present a problem to Herrig if the fight stays standing for long stretches?
Jandiroba has great wrestling. She was taking down Martin who is a solid wrestler and Espraza

Fair enough, but you also need to take into consideration that JDS was not worried about Tuivasa's striking because he is waay better tham him standing. But he should be worried about Jairzinho's power; if JDS is smart he will mix in take downs.
Tuivasa was fucking JDS up in R1 and JDS didn't even try and switch it up.

Just the physical advantages of Yoder even the line to a degree, big reach and height advantage and a south paw, long legs with good dexterity. I don't think she should tangle with Souza on the mat but it's good to know she isn't defenceless if she ends up there.

She has double to triple the output of Souza standing, and looks improved fight to fight in her striking. Grab the clinch, push to the cage, land knees and take the wind out of Souza's sails early.

I coild easily line this a 50/50 fight, clear value on the dog

Yoder has a chance, but for almost the exact opposite reason as what you stated. The improvement that she has shown in her last couple of fights has been wrestling and top game.

Her striking and defense are as awful as ever, to the point where Randa Markos was easily and consistently lighting her up on the feet.

Yoder's strategy against Souza will be to grapple early and often and hope her superior size and length will win her exchanges in clinches against the cage, as well as some takedowns.

That being said, for a number of specific technical reasons, I think Souza is very much the rightful favorite and then some. I'm not firing off a bet just yet because I'm hoping Souza's price improves even more and I might want to look at weigh-ins, especially given at least one WMMA favorite I bet who came in looking like she hadn't exercised a single time during the pandemic (Brianna Van Buren), not to mention the usual caveats about betting WMMA favorites, but it's either her or pass.

Im playing chito small. Im quite confident that he makes it out of the first (he doesn't really engage when he sees danger, like in the lineker fight) so that's a big step. I expect him to lose the first rd but land some good leg kicks, slow sean a bit. He'll look to grapple in the 2nd and 3rd. All in all i feel we'll get a fairly competitive decision and, at that price, chito is a good play. Sean is still unproven.

After the Yadong fight, I think O’Malley decision is a good hedge. Judges will definitely give him the nod if it’s close.

I think Vera is definitely worth 1-2 units at +255. I might wait another day and see if it gets any higher.

The main card is full of live dogs, I wouldn’t be confident on anything

edit: I do like chito/O’Malley going over 1.5
Even JDS looks dang ripped i dont care who you side but i havent seen JDS ripped like this for a fight. Its going to be a blast and a tough one to call.

No,no,no.. Rozenstriuk survived the top game of Overeem for many rounds. Tuivasa got finished by bum Spivack so dont even compare them, Rozenstriuk is much better defense on ground than Tuivasa

No,no,no.. Rozenstriuk survived the top game of Overeem for many rounds. Tuivasa got finished by bum Spivack so dont even compare them, Rozenstriuk is much better defense on ground than Tuivasa
Many rounds? Reem effortlessly had him in side control and was just being an idiot going for an Americana in one round, and the other he was awkwardly wedged against the cage and it was late in the round.

Is it me or is Ashley Yoder a live dog?

It is just you.

Her opponent Souza is a submission artist there to take Yoder to the ground and once she does she has plenty in her arsenal to submit Yoder; who if we are being candid deserves to be 1-4 in the UFC.Yoder Sounds like a nice person in her interviews, is very tough, but has no real skillset that makes her a threat in a fight versus a real bjj black belt hell bent on submitting her.

Thats not to say Souza is a great fighter, she's not, but Yoder is not UFC caliber.

Rozenstruik showed improved grappling against Overeem. I bet the Reem that fight showed me he isnt easy to hold down, and he also didnt gass constantly standing back up. The Reem also has a lot of savi trips and clinch takedowns. Firstly I dont think JDS will use a grappling gameplan, and even if he did I dont think he would be able to finish Rozenstruik.

Secondly I actually think his best chance is with the boxing, kind of like what he did to Lewis. Rozenstruik has no head movement, loves eating hooks. Ate big ones from Albini and Overeem. Is that chin cracked after Ngannou? Who knows

giphy.gif

Blind 2u bet on any underdog Sadistic play especially if it saves me from taping WMMA

this <JonesLaugh>

It is just you.

Her opponent Souza is a submission artist there to take Yoder to the ground and once she does she has plenty in her arsenal to submit Yoder; who if we are being candid deserves to be 1-4 in the UFC.Yoder Sounds like a nice person in her interviews, is very tough, but has no real skillset that makes her a threat in a fight versus a real bjj black belt hell bent on submitting her.

Thats not to say Souza is a great fighter, she's not, but Yoder is not UFC caliber.

Yoder has two wins and two splits in her last 4, she could arguably be on a 4 fight win streak. Souza is no better than Yoder, she just has a lot of bjj hype

Back