UFC 251 PBP/Discussion

And people were saying this dude would put a clinic on GSP lol

Probably Usman by stepping on toes and hugging him against the fence, but God would I love to see Burns smash this guy.
I won't lie i didn't manage to watch the whole fight but from what i saw a couple days ago, usman didn't want to go the ground with maia AT ALL. guy respects the jits. I feel he won't chase the tds/clinch against gilbert. It'll be a striking bout ala colby and, even tho durinho doesn't throw half the volume colby does, he has twice the power, plus decent technique. He's a better striker than usman imho.

Far from robbery, couldve gone either way

it was a close fight. Max landed harder, won his rounds more convincingly, controlled the octagon, was more aggressive and diverse with his striking arsenal, and defended takedowns. The TDS that landed had no damage. He won that fight.

This could have been a great event for me if the UFC didn't fly out a bunch of 3rd rate hacks to judge the fights.

Santos being denied the finish by that shit ref put a dent to my profits but can't complain overall today.

it was a close fight. Max landed harder, won his rounds more convincingly, controlled the octagon, was more aggressive and diverse with his striking arsenal, and defended takedowns. The TDS that landed had no damage. He won that fight.
Volks style isn't fan friendly but you can't ignore the leg kicks. They were definitely the story of the fight, again.

This could have been a great event for me if the UFC didn't fly out a bunch of 3rd rate hacks to judge the fights.

The judging wasn’t terrible. There’s been far worst cards. Couple close decisions that could’ve gone either way

You can conveniently ignore that Volk lost 3 rounds despite his leg kicks too I suppose

The judging wasn’t terrible. There’s been far worst cards. Couple close decisions that could’ve gone either way

The Max/Volk fight had 2 clear for Max and 3 close rounds that could be argued either way. It's conceivable you can give it to Volk, but improbable that he gets all those close rounds.

The Dos Santos/Salikhov decision was inconceivable.

Max/Volk was super close, Volk had the momentum going for him, if there was a 6th round I think Volk would have prevailed more.
A draw would have been more justified but it is what it is

Impressed by how deep Volk managed to dig. Lot’s of heart on display.

Back