PBP UFC 251 Masvidal vs Usman: Main Card PBP Discussion - 10:00 p.m. ET/7:00 p.m. PT

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
You checked out CuriosityStream yet? I wiped out there entire catalog of prehistoric creatures docs in less than a week but it was worth the fews bucks. I like your avatar
No, I'll have to check them out them out sometime.
Thanks, I'm a big Paleontology nerd and Utahraptor is one of my favorite Dinosaurs. It was basically the raptors from Jurassic Park, but on steroids. In other words, it was an Uberraptor. LMAO
3ds2rw.jpg

I like you're avatar too, it's funny. <Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>

You really trying to tell me you enjoyed that clinch fest?

If you enjoyed that, you've got to the most boring person, besides that other fool, itt.

You sound like a kid go watching boxing if you looking for pure stand up, I love mma with the mix. If you don't wanna be clinched then make sure you don't get clinched it's really that simple son...

You sound like a kid go watching boxing if you looking for pure stand up, I love mma with the mix. If you don't wanna be clinched then make sure you don't get clinched it's really that simple son...
I'm the kid?

You're the one with the gay ass anime av. lol!

Shit missed it who had the multiple facial fractures?

yeah Mas can only blame himself. He knew that Usman would use that strategy and he had no answer for it. I guess he thought his power would be enough.

I'm not sure he thought much, given the short time he had to prepare. But yes, while Mas did a good enough job neutralizing the takedowns to give himself a chance, the clinch is where he lost.

I thought on the ground, Usman was pretty busy, both in terms of trying to improve position and punishing Mas. It was the clinch that was frustrating. Usman's stomps and shoulder bumps should not be weighed very heavily. The current scoring system allows judges to reward fighters for purposefully stalling a fight. Several of the rounds of that fight were a stalemate.

Thanks, and I hear ya.
You lose me on "can afford to coast." Of course he could, he could've lost the whole round and still won the fight, no one's arguing that. It's that a lot of people paid money to watch him, ya know, fight. And in the 5th he really didn't do that. He mostly controlled position without landing much of anything. That's gonna aggravate a lot of people and make him less money in the long run, if he cares about such things
To be honest I think Usman could have finished Jorge in the 4th or 5th if he really tried for it. But I don't think he wanted to risk Masvidal catching him with something. So he played it safe the whole fight. It might the be the most exciting way to fight, but it's smart. If you're the champ, why take unnecessary risks, when you can just play it safe and keep you're belt?
<Fedor23>
And Kamaru strikes me as someone who cares more about winning fights and keeping his belt then he does about making money. Although, the UFC might not have a choice to pay him a lot of money now considering the fact that this PPV was probably on Khabib vs Conor level in terms of buys.

What now? He lost the fight and it wasn't nearly close. Live in reality.
Ah it wasn't close? Then you should have an easy time isolating the big strikes Usman landed each round. Tell me which ones won him each round.

The right way was 4-1. If you want to complain about the judging complain that 2 gave Usman 5 rounds, not that they didn't give Masivdal 2, lol.
Giving round 1 to Usman is indefensible. Worst judging of anything we saw tonight.

No, I'll have to check them out them out sometime.
Thanks, I'm a big Paleontology nerd and Utahraptor is one of my favorite Dinosaurs. It was basically the raptors from Jurassic Park, but on steroids. In other words, it was an Uberraptor. LMAO
3ds2rw.jpg

I like you're avatar too, it's funny. <Lmaoo><45><Lmaoo>
Me too man! The Jurassic Park "raptors" were essentially Deinonychus with broken wrists. Finding Utahraptor was one of the reasons they kept calling it a Velociraptor; not only did that sound cooler, but they were like "See, Raptors really can get that big, look at Utahraptor!" I think the real Utahraptor is way cooler than what they had in the movie tho. Thing was a fucking beast
I'm a big Troodon fan, as well. We might need to start our own thread man Lol

How?

He took the fight on short notice, absorbed at least 4 illegal tactics, and had Usman resorting to wall and stall.
Yea and if he had more time to prep he'd still get clinched to death and lose the same way. He doesn't have the stopping power aside from a flying knee, head kick etc. to finish usman.

Usman is a huge WW while Jorge was at 155 before. He has almost 15 losses, and this has happened before where his striking got stifled and got grappled to a loss.

Me too man! The Jurassic Park "raptors" were essentially Deinonychus with broken wrists. Finding Utahraptor was one of the reasons they kept calling it a Velociraptor; not only did that sound cooler, but they were like "See, Raptors really can get that big, look at Utahraptor!" I think the real Utahraptor is way cooler than what they had in the movie tho. Thing was a fucking beast
I'm a big Troodon fan, as well. We might need to start our own thread man Lol

A good post always makes one look shit up!

SpeedyClearcutBettong-size_restricted.gif

A good post always makes one look shit up!

SpeedyClearcutBettong-size_restricted.gif
Haha, thanks bro. Nice gif. I think I really might make a thread somewhere in General Discussion where we can share our love of prehistoric creatures/dinosaurs, and learn from each other. I think that would be most awesome

Masvidal being replaced by Burns , being at odds with his employer and his future being in question seems like it would have affected his mental state leading up to the fight more than the short notice.

Max is a class act but I saw the fight as a whole, A.V. simply took it. Max looked out of it towards the end, AV never did

The fact that we wont get to see Cejudo vs Yan is a tragedy. Cejudo was in his prime and is a tough fight for any 135er, Yan included. Mma fans suck for not supporting Cejudo (and D. Johnson for that matter).

Haha, thanks bro. Nice gif. I think I really might make a thread somewhere in General Discussion where we can share our love of prehistoric creatures/dinosaurs, and learn from each other. I think that would be most awesome

Admit I know little to nothing and an mostly a fan-gurl over movie propaganda but I also rarely miss any history, nat-geo, etc program when given the opportunity. Dinos or otherwise. World news na, political regurgitation - na - same shit to step in day to year, Science and History are where I like to waste my time perusing information. Understand it all - na, fascinated and willing to read till my head slops - indeed.

It's pretty amazing to have an opportunity to watch and see the dissection of bits of history and potential futures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back