• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 250 PBP/Discussion

That is one of the cleanest right hook kos I’ve ever seen. My goodness

Yeah, as a former amateur boxer, I have always thought Cody has the best overall boxing in the entire sport. He threw the right hook from an unusual angle and managed to do it with almost perfect technique on top of the insane speed, power, and accuracy.

I'm feeling bad about putting only 3u on him at -130, heh.

And cody was my least confident pick haha

Honestly, i didn't like his performance. It's good that he knows his role is the counter puncher role for good now buut he clearly lacked confidence in those 10 mins. When he let his hands go they didn't look good. Every exchange was 50/50. He's bw's overeem. Can't trust him.

I disagree, I think that's exactly how he needs to fight. His speed advantage only matters when he fights at distance and doesn't drop his hands and brawl. He wasn't landing a ton, but his shots were clearly harder and cleaner. I don't think it's necessarily a lack of confidence as much as him actually listening to his coaches and not getting reckless.

i think 135 has developed a lot since then and rafael was always a stylistic gimme fight for cody
I don't agree at all. Assuncao was a very difficult match-up for him because he is so defensively sound and he fights great on the back foot. You need patience and a lot of variations in your entries and striking to beat him. Cody wasn't known for that, but he clearly improved during his layoff.

Nunes has almost no finishes past the 1st round, maybe live bet her decision huge afterwards since dana won't let judges have felicia win.

Small on the under. Nunes should end this fast.

I disagree, I think that's exactly how he needs to fight. His speed advantage only matters when he fights at distance and doesn't drop his hands and brawl. He wasn't landing a ton, but his shots were clearly harder and cleaner. I don't think it's necessarily a lack of confidence as much as him actually listening to his coaches and not getting reckless.
When he did his hands go, they didn't look good. Maybe im overeacting

small cage should favour spencer if her gameplan is to clinch.

I don’t see assuncao being able to take Cody’s shots.
why bet 1 million at such bad odds? you could have gotten nunes for 1.25
ya I’m sure 5dimes is gonna take a milli on those reduced lines loool

I don't agree at all. Assuncao was a very difficult match-up for him because he is so defensively sound and he fights great on the back foot. You need patience and a lot of variations in your entries and striking to beat him. Cody wasn't known for that, but he clearly improved during his layoff.

nah rafael is the lowest risk return fight in like top 10 BWs for cody now.
1. isnt gonna beat any elite strikers without going to a split decision.
2. he needs to clinch up with them folks eventually to secure a takedown which he doesn't manage half the time. usually just clinch work/dirty box.
3. isnt actually gonna get a td on cody, he realized it 30s into the fight when cody slapped him on the leg twice and he couldnt even see the kick

defensively a very sound fighter yes, but doesnt actually have a solid way to beat cody here. bad style match up.

Honestly, even off her back just making Nunes work might not be the worst for Spencer. If Spencer really thinks her gas tank is way better...

Back