UFC 248 Adesanya vs Romero Official Bets

This post
15% of my bankroll on Quinones.

YOLO.

+ This post

Umm... Jose Quinones is a proven UFC level fighter. He is 5-2 in the UFC, with zero controversy in any of his wins. He is extremely well rounded, and is very good at finding takedowns. His UFC debut was a "loss" to Alejandro Perez, but Quinones was deducted two points which completely changed the dynamics of the final round. He could easily be 6-1 in the UFC right now. His only real UFC loss is to Nathaniel Wood, who is a legitimate contender.

Sean O'Malley is 2-0 in the UFC, and barely won both fights. He gassed out hard against Ware, and would have lost to Souk if Souk didn't have a fight IQ of 85. Even if you want to try to argue that Sean looked good against Souk for the first round, I'd argue that Su Mudaerji had a way better performance than Sean did against Souk.

Bottom line: This is at worst an even odds fight. Sean O'Malley is getting idiotic amounts of hype for smoking weed and having an afro. O'Malley has smooth standup, but his wrestling has not been tested. Quinones has a complete MMA game.

= I HOPE YOU WIN THIS BET MORE THAN IVE EVER HOPED FOR ANYONE TO WIN ANYTHING

Umm... Jose Quinones is a proven UFC level fighter. He is 5-2 in the UFC, with zero controversy in any of his wins. He is extremely well rounded, and is very good at finding takedowns. His UFC debut was a "loss" to Alejandro Perez, but Quinones was deducted two points which completely changed the dynamics of the final round. He could easily be 6-1 in the UFC right now. His only real UFC loss is to Nathaniel Wood, who is a legitimate contender.

Sean O'Malley is 2-0 in the UFC, and barely won both fights. He gassed out hard against Ware, and would have lost to Souk if Souk didn't have a fight IQ of 85. Even if you want to try to argue that Sean looked good against Souk for the first round, I'd argue that Su Mudaerji had a way better performance than Sean did against Souk.

Bottom line: This is at worst an even odds fight. Sean O'Malley is getting idiotic amounts of hype for smoking weed and having an afro. O'Malley has smooth standup, but his wrestling has not been tested. Quinones has a complete MMA game.
On top of that, a 2+ year layoff for the goof when he is at an age where activity and ring experience trumps all needs imo.
Also he has hip surgery recently and that weight cut must be fucking him up.
I'm down to clown on Quinones also.

I'm on team Quinones. I cant buy into the O'malley hype

Only taped 4 fights this week because I was a little sick of MMA after last weekend. I would have actually bet all 4, a rarity, except Whitmire had to go and pull out. Really looking forward to some live-bets, but for now,

1u on Emmers at -170
1.5u on Safarov at +525
3u on Cowboy Oliveira at -130

Only taped 4 fights this week because I was a little sick of MMA after last weekend. I would have actually bet all 4, a rarity, except Whitmire had to go and pull out. Really looking forward to some live-bets, but for now,

1u on Emmers at -170
1.5u on Safarov at +525
You had viana though right?

£100 Zhang decision +400 to win £400

Added
£10 Romero decision +1400 to win £140
£40 JJ decision +288 to win £115.20 (+ £27 with bonus to win £79.7)

UFC 248 Risk $1,842.00

Israel Adesanya/Yoel Romero Over 3½ Rounds (-125) $125.00 for $100.00

Joanna Jedrzejczyk (+160) vs Weili Zhang $200.00 for $320.00
Joanna Jedrzejczyk (+170) vs Weili Zhang $200.00 for $340.00

Beneil Dariush (-162) vs Drakkar Klose $162.00 for $100.00

Neil Magny vs Li Jingliang: No Bet

Alex Oliveira vs Max Griffin: No Bet

Sean O'Malley vs José Alberto Quiñónez: No Bet

Mark Madsen (-215) vs Austin Hubbard $215.00 for $100.00
Mark Madsen (-225) vs Austin Hubbard $225.00 for $100.00
Mark Madsen (-225) vs Austin Hubbard $225.00 for $100.00

Rodolfo Vieira/Saparbek Safarov Under 1½ (-165) $165.00 for $100.00

Gerald Meerschaert (+125) vs Deron Winn $100.00 for $125.00
Gerald Meerschaert (+120) vs Deron Winn $100.00 for $120.00

Giga Chikadze vs Jamall Emmers: No Bet

Danaa Batgerel (-125) vs Guido Cannetti $125.00 for $100.00

Israel
Danaa
JJ
Jamall
Magny
Winn
Madsen
Cowboy
O'Malley/Rodolfo
Klose

So far this is what i got. Still putting bets in, will probably add more.

Batgerel @1.72 (well its over)
Emmers decision @3.75
Winn @1.72
Safarov @6
Madsen ITD @3.75
Romero @3.25
Joanna @2.8

I think this is my dozen try of 1g bet for years, finally luck one out! cursed is broken? I have high % of wining small bet of $100 to $300 but not big bet, squeeze one thru by split decision....phewwww!

Last edited:
£100 Zhang decision +400 to win +£400
£40 JJ decision +288 to win £115.20 (plus bonus) -£40
£10 Romero decision +1400 to win £140 -£10
Total Profit: +£350

I thought the Romero fight could have been 3-2 either way, with Romero winning 1 & 5 and Izzy rd 3. 2 and 4 where swing rounds.

Joanna Jedrzejczyk at 2.50 for 1 unit - Cashed out on JJ, I'm just not seeing it.

Beneil Dariush at 1.70 for 2 unit
Jamall Emmers at 1.62 for 1 unit
Gerald Meerschaert at 2.10 for 1 unit

Izzy+O'Mally double at 1.74 for 1 unit

3 out of 4 on pre bets, and then with live and cash outs....

Bet JJ at 3.25 early in the first for 1 unit, cashed out round 4 for a free unit as her price dropped. Bet Izzy decision at 2.00 for 1 unit in round 3. Bet Magny live at 2.37 for 1 unit.

And cashed on a full main card parley at 14.13 for 0.25 unit.

Good night.

You had viana though right?

Neither, heh. Was going to bet the juicy GTD line of -150.

1u on Emmers at -170
1.5u on Safarov at +525

On the pre-bets, finished a whopping -0.2u. Happy with the Oliveira bet, who managed to pull through (and the lion's share of media and fans had winning) despite two huge mistakes across 2 different rounds. Max Griffin is simply worse and should retire.

Safarov bet was fine too, and I like to swing for the fences with big dogs if I think they have a lot of value, which he did. If Vieira didn't get the submission there, he might well have lost due to the eye damage alone.

The only "meh" bet was Emmers, but given his major grappling advantage, it's not so bad. As it is, he ALMOST beat Giga on striking alone because of how badly Giga always fades in round 3, which was a big reason I bet him. Emmers fought like an idiot, which wasn't altogether unexpected, which is one reason I only went 1u deep.

However, I wasn't wrong about the juicy live-bets, as I hit GM3 for 1u at +170 after round 1 and then Weili Zhang for at +170 after round 3, to finish +3.2u for the night.

In the future, I'm going to institute two changes;

1. Up my maximum live-bet amount from 1u to 1.5u.

2. Thanks to some excellent advice from @lifeisgood12345, I'll hold back on some pre-bets in anticipation of adding with live-bets. 3u on Oliveira at -130 was nice, but Oliveira at +180 after round 1 was insane. I couldn't justify hitting it considering how much I already had invested, though.

Anywho, nice to recover some of my losses for the year, especially on a week where I struggled to motivate myself to tape fights.

Izzy parlay finishing with Izzy for 9u
Romero KO 1.5u for 5u

JJ ML 3u for 4.2u
Zhang r1 ko 1u for 5.5u

Klose 1u for 1.4u
Klose ko .5u for 2.25u

Jingliang ML 2u for 1.2u

Olivera kO .5u for 3u

Omalley ML 2u for .96u

Madsen ML 3u for 1.44u

Safarov ML 1u for 5.2u

GM3 ML 2u for 2.36u

Whitmire ML 2u for 1.86u
Whitmire sub .5u for 3.25u

Danaa 1u for .74u

A light sprinkle over everything. I like Whitmire to beat viana she is a feisty one. I like madden omalley and li to all win. Really interested in how the 2 main events play out. Would like to go deeper on JJ but will wait for live betting. Wouldnt be surprised if main event is a r1 ko to either fighter. Izzy takes control the longer it goes.

Good luck sherbros
-3.25u (excluding the ME) hung a lot of hopes on JJ, awesome fight! I though JJ had it but can see a close split going to Zhang. Credit to Magny, and to Beniel actually that was a great finish. Hope everyone did well and not piss away all their money on the co main like I did!

Romero +235 $400

Jedrzejczyk +150 $1600
Zhang KO +185 $140

Jingliang -165 $1820
Jingliang/Magny O2.5 -130 $300
Magny DEC +275 $160

Vieira -300 $750

Dariush -123 $2400

Emmers -158 $1160
Chikadze KO +510 $80

1u = $800. Didn't want to be this big on JJ but line movement had me continuously adding. Hoping to get some Romero KO +350

+$62... I'll take it? That Dariush KO was dope af, was worried for him after rd1. Thought JJ won but can't argue with the decision. Great card other than the main event.

+$62... I'll take it? That Dariush KO was dope af, was worried for him after rd1. Thought JJ won but can't argue with the decision. Great card other than the main event.

I had 2 units on Benny, and I had him as part of a 5 man parley and a 7 man parley. I took a cash out on the 7 man one, which was at 31.22 for 0.25 units, in round two because I shit it a bit when Klose started landing a few good shots... If I had let the bet roll I would have cashed an extra 8 or so units, but a profit is a profit

+2.8u
Said I wouldn't be in a hole and and chase, but yet again I played Emmers with Giga Ko hedge and lost 400 with no research haha. Chased with Winn and lost, and then chased mightily with Viera sub and won. Li, Madsen, Co main and Main prop bets to go Decision got me into profit.

Running behind as usual.
Currently 8 hours into a 12 hour shift between that and some lady in a van killing herself and my power yesterday I'm light on tape for this one.
Probably put too much on my octagon Mulan Zhang but I've had my eye on this one for a while. Hopefully it pays off.
Seems like my night is riding on both champions to retain.

●Zhang 6u for 3.2u
Big power in little China. That and I think her striking is underrated.

●O'Malley 4.6u for 1.5u
Should have found a prop payed too much juice I really think he gets win

●Giga 2u for 2.75u
I like his chances if he can stuff a TD or 2

●Madsen 1.5u for .75u
I imagine he can ragdoll Hubbard here, either way alot of cardio and power for the price

Props and Parlays

●Adesanya+O'Malley 1.5u for 1u

●Zhang+Khabib 3.5u for 4u
(Champ shit only)

●Adesanya+Madsen+Vieira points handicap 1.5u for 2.3u

●Adesanya+Dariush+O'Malley+Madsen
+Vieira points handicap 1.5u for 6.6u

Shout out @TrueAscension good to see ya in with some parlays. Tempted to throw a few bucks and tail ya on that first one.
I will say if O'Malley doesn't get a finish I could see Quinonez using his boxing and wrestling to make the points close just a thought.
Man that ME sucked but octagon Mulan and Joanna had a fucking war. Looks like another solid night. 1 unit=$15

●Zhang +3.2u
glad I didn't take that hedge she fought like she really wanted that win respect to both women

●OMalley +1.5u Hated the juice but Sugar showed up and showed out

●Giga +2.75u
Glad I went small my read on Jamalls offense was correct but Giga's conditioning isn't great

●Madsen +.75u
His grappling was impressive as I thought striking not so much but fuck that suplex was great!

●Adesanya+O'Malley +1u

●Adesanya+Madsen+Vieira points handicap + 2.3u

●Adesanya+Dariush+O'Malley+Madsen
+Vieira points handicap +6.6u

Total +19.2u

Think this was my best night betting bit of a confidence booster.
Much needed night and a pleasure as always. The comain was the best fight on the card but I'm an Izzy fan so I'll add this.

Last edited:
Overall down 40 on the night.

Not bad considering I took a bunch of flyers
120 split across various bets on quinones (including 20 itd)
20 on viera by tko
20 on joanna itd

Back