UFC 247: Jones vs Reyes Weigh In: 10 am ET/Ceremonial Weigh In: 6 pm ET

Hye man I'm never here on fri days

So ... wtf is a official weigh in vs ceremonial weigh in?

Probably been posted but I'll give it a whirl

official weigh in - is where fighters all strip down and make weight

ceremonial - after the fact, done more for show, with a crowd. Loud cheering/booing, plus interview with Joe Rogan post face off

ha ha "high fivin a dude in his underwear"

beats a hug. You don't want to bump anyone with a pre fight boner.

Ok but we’ve been fed that a couple times?
He said his last camp was all strength and conditioning and I thought it showed in the fight. Conditioning in particular. But it seemed to come at the cost of his striking which looked terrible.

Hye man I'm never here on fri days

So ... wtf is a official weigh in vs ceremonial weigh in?

Official is for the commission and legal purposes, ceremonials is for the fanz...

Official is for the commission and legal purposes, ceremonials is for the fanz...

I'm so confused by this premise

So the real weigh ins are locked in and they are weighed again for real? Or do they stand on a fake scale the second time. What if the weight is different?!?!?!?

Why do they still use old timey scales shouldn't everything be digital now?

I was thinking the same thing myself I can only guess that the old weight & anchor style allows them to cheat weight if need be, digital there's no manipulating what's on the screen it's what's on the screen...

I'm so confused by this premise

So the real weigh ins are locked in and they are weighed again for real? Or do they stand on a fake scale the second time. What if the weight is different?!?!?!?

Don't matter what they weigh-in at ceremonials they announce the weight they weighed in at official, after official you rehydrate and get phat again...

I was thinking the same thing myself I can only guess that the old weight & anchor style allows them to cheat weight if need be, digital there's no manipulating what's on the screen it's what's on the screen...

Are you implying there is trickery and dishonesty in the UFC ?

Don't matter what they weigh-in at ceremonials they announce the weight they weighed in at official, after official you rehydrate and get phat again...

So it's a fake scale at the ceremony ?

I still don't get why not do both at same time - seems like less of a pain in the ass for the fighters

although in non tin foil hat land its probably because weight and anchor scales are technically more accurate than a digital that could end up rounding up or down

Are you implying there is trickery and dishonesty in the UFC ?

giphy.gif

although in non tin foil hat land its probably because weight and anchor scales are technically more accurate than a digital that could end up rounding up or down

Can't u get digital ones that show the decimal point?

True dat...

So it's a fake scale at the ceremony ?

I still don't get why not do both at same time - seems like less of a pain in the ass for the fighters
They used to do that. Official weigh in was in the evening. By moving it to the morning, fighters have a longer time to rehydrate before the fight.

duh.

They used to do that. Official weigh in was in the evening. By moving it to the morning, fighters have a longer time to rehydrate before the fight.

duh.

But move the whole thing to the morning - don't make fighters arbitrarily show up twice for the same thing

Back