• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Media UFC 246 Free Fight: Conor McGregor vs Nate Diaz 2

Conor was teeing off on that boy in the first 2 rounds...totally outclassing him until his gas tank run out... hmm?
Dude he moved up two weight classes and Diaz entered the ring AT LEAST 15 pounds heavier than him. The difference in skill is obvious. Conor caught Nate with full on lefts as Nate was coming in. Against smaller guys, game over.

Should have been a draw. This fight is the perfect example of why combat sports are hard to judge.

It's clear that Conor scored a lot. But, big factor was the visual part of it . Nate's face was busted up (as usual) , and it's a fight , right? We instinctively judge a bloody face as " losing". If you win it al bloodied up it might be heroic ,but winning with a F up face while you're oppenents face looks fresh is also hard to explain to casuals .

If if if the fight would continue it seemed like Nate would've take it . Again visually the tactical repositioning looks like running , and in a fight any sign of fear can be seen as losing. Getting saved by the Bell IMO is the worst thing after getting ktfo.

A draw IMO.

Difference is bro, you have some confirmation bias you're trying to uphold sometimes and its difficult to see the other side of the coin

I have no agenda. I couldn't give a shit. I just call it exactly as I see it.

Theres a reason why I've always been one of the few people who gave Nate huge credit for his evolution and arrival as a fighter. A McGregor bout is the biggest opportunity of a fighters life and what I seen is, nate took it and rose to his potential.

However fleeting it may have been. I dont expect many people to see the bigger picture though. People are too caught up in their own biases to really be objective

This isn't to discredit Mas's victory either. He fought with a great strategy, stifled Nate with movement, nullified his pressure, he was diverse in his strike selection and his clinch/ inside game completely Nullified Nate's ability to implement his own. Which is the best aspect of his game imo.

He could very well have beaten that version of Nate as well. But it would've been a much more interesting fight I feel.

No bias, I'm keeping it real. Diaz looked the same against Conor as he did against Masvidal. Fought the exact same way as he always does, the difference is he was fghtinf a better boxer and overall a better fighter & he was actually fighting someone closer to his size. That's the only reason he looked bigger against Conor because Conor is a small guy no matter how you play it. If anyone is bias here it's you and you always have been towards anything Diaz/Conor related.

Lol. No

Diaz looked the same in this fight as he did in the Masvidal fight.
Autism 4th post -

Fighters never look the same every fight bro. Lol they literally change from fight to fight in subtle and not so subtle ways
No bias, I'm keeping it real. Diaz looked the same against Conor as he did against Masvidal. Fought the exact same way as he always does, the difference is he was fghtinf a better boxer and overall a better fighter & he was actually fighting someone closer to his size. That's the only reason he looked bigger against Conor because Conor is a small guy no matter how you play it. If anyone is bias here it's you and you always have been towards anything Diaz/Conor related.
The bias is on your end brah

You just don't quite see it

But just like everyone else who's been effected by the McGregor spell in varying degrees.

If you cant see the difference between this Nate versus the one against pettis and then Masvidal, Its a testament of your own bias

Probably half the community thought his boxing looked like trash against pettis.

So it's not just me. Though I personally thought his inside boxing looked good in that fight.

It is true that Masvidal came with a very well thought out strategy against Nate and nullified his game. But it was definitely against a diminished version relative to his fight against Conor. The degree of which is up for debate

Nate peaked against Conor. It's that simple

You are keeping it real

But it's based on what you see.

And you are seeing a somewhat limited picture that may or not be influenced by a bias towards a particular narrative

Autism 4th post -

Fighters never look the same every fight bro. Lol they literally change from fight to fight in subtle and not so subtle ways

The bias is on your end brah

You just don't quite see it

But just like everyone else who's been effected by the McGregor spell in varying degrees.

If you cant see the difference between this Nate versus the one against pettis and then Masvidal, Its a testament of your own bias

Probably half the community thought his boxing looked like trash against pettis.

So it's not just me. Though I personally thought his inside boxing looked good in that fight.

It is true that Masvidal came with a very well thought out strategy against Nate and nullified his game. But it was definitely against a diminished version relative to his fight against Conor. The degree of which is up for debate

Nate peaked against Conor. It's that simple

Diaz always looks the same, fights the exact same. Forward pressure 1-2. Cut off cage where his opponents are force to engage in the clinch or against the fence. Nate peaked against Conor, sure he did. That why's earlier this year you were blabbering how Nate is in his prime blah blah without no base other than a fight that occured years ago. Like I said your so bias towards anything Conor/Diaz related that you fail to see that Diaz fights the exact same as he always has.

You are keeping it real

But it's based on what you see.

And you are seeing a somewhat limited picture that may or not be influenced by a bias towards a particular narrative
And what narrative is that? No narrative at all. The Nate Conor fought is the same Nate same style of fighter he has always been.

Honestly I'm the one keeping it real lol

I watch this fight and I thought nate looked fucking good. Its really that simple

He was big, he was mean, physically imposing, his boxing looked way tighter and his combinations were fluid, technical.

Look at that clip with Amir Khan, taken prior to the Conor 2 fight. Nate has never looked that good in his career. It was his peaking moment as a fighter and a big reason I've always thought hes stupidly underrated

I mean let's be real tho the dude made 13 mil according to Forbes against Conor, he basically retired for 3 years after two of the best performances of his career.

How are we going to assume he lost nothing in that time. At 35 years old, rich as fuck, balling for 3 years.

You cant do that shit and expect to maintain the same form.

And what narrative is that? No narrative at all. The Nate Conor fought is the same Nate same style of fighter he has always been.
Style perhaps. But he was a better version of himself against Conor.

He didn't show that same level of boxing against pettis. Or against Mas. His defense was better as well, fight instincts.

You think it's my bias, but its really I know what the fuck I'm talking about here.. lol

Same style but that was a better version of him.

And it's like, why is it this crazy thing that a fighter takes 3 years off and isn't as good as they were? Combat sports is literally full of cases like that. Look at Tyson. Look at Ali.

In fact I'm positive there isn't a single fighter who straight up took 3 years off and came back the same fighter.

If we are giving Diaz a 10-8 in the third, I’m unsure how Conor doesn’t also get a 10-8 for the first. Diaz didn’t land on him once, whilst Conor was consistently landing. That leg was bruised considerably after one round.

Style perhaps. But he was a better version of himself against Conor.

He didn't show that same level of boxing against pettis. Or against Mas. His defense was better as well, fight instincts.

You think it's my bias, but its really I know what the fuck I'm talking about here.. lol

Same style but that was a better version of him.

And it's like, why is it this crazy thing that a fighter takes 3 years off and isn't as good as they were? Combat sports is literally full of cases like that. Look at Tyson. Look at Ali.

In fact I'm positive there isn't a single fighter who straight up took 3 years off and came back the same fighter.
GSP.png

you think you know what your talking about, and by all accounts and your proven history. You really don't.

GSP.png

you think you know what your talking about, and by all accounts and your proven history. You really don't.
And yet I've been dead on here

And in many cases in fact where you just couldn't see the bigger picture. This is just one example where I've had a reasonable stance with many supporting points and you just couldn't see it.

Which again is largely due to your own bias.

How many of these supposed proven accounts involved Conor.

Which tells you where the issue lies and with whom. Not to say I'm perfect or anything myself. This supposed bias involving Conor/ nate topics, you believe to be on my end but its actually in yours. And its largely why we've argued since day 1. Literally all Conor topics or something Conor related

CrXZktAW8AAt_LT.jpg

And yet I've been dead on here

And in many cases in fact where you just couldn't see the bigger picture. This is just one example where I've had a reasonable stance with many supporting points and you just couldn't see it.

View attachment 706677
What's the bigger picture? That maybe Conor isn't that good of a striker and that's the reason why Diaz looked "great." In both fights? What supporting points? Other than Nate "tightening." His boxing what exactly from his fights with Conor was so different than his previous fights. Come on man drop some knowledge since your the all knowing in MMA.

Fun drinking game = Take a shot whenever gassed out Conor looks at the clock.

I don't fancy getting that drunk anymore

Conor done enough just to get over the line, but he was fighting for his life in there

It was the kicks at the beginning that sent him on his way to land crisp punches

Lets not get away from the fact that the guy in the other end of the octagon wasn't someone like Tony Ferguson.

It was fucking Nate Diaz, a glorified journey man with an up and down record at best

What's the bigger picture? That maybe Conor isn't that good of a striker and that's the reason why Diaz looked "great." In both fights? What supporting points? Other than Nate "tightening." His boxing what exactly from his fights with Conor was so different than his previous fights. Come on man drop some knowledge since your the all knowing in MMA.
I'm not, but I know enough. And I certainly know enough to know when people are speaking about things outside their realm of understanding, well either that or some bias is getting In the way.

He was more technical, put his combos together much better, moved better, rolled with punches better. He actually moved his head, he had a jab, his range game was actually surprisingly impressive against Conor. His length was actually a real factor. He was a bit bigger, I'd guess maybe 5ish pounds. He was thick for sure comparing photos

Against pettis and Mas his game at range seemed kinda flaily, his punches were very sloppy, particularly against Pettis. His timing just seemed kinda off. Pettis was tagging the shit out of him at range.

His inside work at the end of the 2nd against pettis was impressive, that aspect of his game still looked good. Everything else tho, sloppy, un technical, not Impressive. Reaching for punches and shit

Against mas again, same sort of thing, but he did have moments where he threw some technical combinations, his fighting instincts, timing and everything just seemed a step behind. Again credit to Mas and his team, they studied Nate like a book, stifled his pressure, took away his inside game, even dominated the clinch which I expected Nate to be at his best with pressure, volume, combinations etc

I even said before the fight on numerous occasions that there is a blueprint on how to fight a Diaz bro, something we seen against condit, hendo, thomson have shown us glimpses of.

Mas did all of that and more. So again this has nothing to do with discrediting his performance at all, I have praised and defended him on more than one occasion.

I just believe that Nate peaked against Conor

The footage in the gym shows it. His performance against Conor. And its obvious too

Since you like to avoid points made, answer me this, how many fighters have come back after 3 years and have been the exact same fighter.

Maybe you being real in your own way but it's based in shitty thinking

Last edited:
I don't fancy getting that drunk anymore

Conor done enough just to get over the line, but he was fighting for his life in there

It was the kicks at the beginning that sent him on his way to land crisp punches

Lets not get away from the fact that the guy in the other end of the octagon wasn't someone like Tony Ferguson.

It was fucking Nate Diaz, a glorified journey man with an up and down record at best
Styles make fights

Nate was definitely a gatekeeper, not a journeyman.

But he did peak as a fighter prior to the MJ fight and the Conor fights. In terms of threat and even size, he became far more akin to his brother.

I think people look at his record and past fights but dont acknowledge that he hit his peak as a fighter. Which is ultimately just poor analysis

Look at masvisal, Lawler. Lots of guys had spotty records and improved.

Record can be very deceptive and I think those are all 3 great examples of it

Problem is people look at past records and not the current versions of the fighter. People remember fighters by their losses and fail to see their evolutions

People pay more attention to past records than actual skills demonstrated in the fights

Last edited:
Should have been a draw. This fight is the perfect example of why combat sports are hard to judge.

It's clear that Conor scored a lot. But, big factor was the visual part of it . Nate's face was busted up (as usual) , and it's a fight , right? We instinctively judge a bloody face as " losing". If you win it al bloodied up it might be heroic ,but winning with a F up face while you're oppenents face looks fresh is also hard to explain to casuals .

If if if the fight would continue it seemed like Nate would've take it . Again visually the tactical repositioning looks like running , and in a fight any sign of fear can be seen as losing. Getting saved by the Bell IMO is the worst thing after getting ktfo.

A draw IMO.
I wouldn't argue with a draw

Nate had like 10-15 pounds on him tho.

For that reason, the rightful man won

I'm not, but I know enough. And I certainly know enough to know when people are speaking about things outside their realm of understanding, well either that or some bias is getting In the way.

He was more technical, put his combos together much better, moved better, rolled with punches better. He actually moved his head, he had a jab, his range game was actually surprisingly impressive against Conor. His length was actually a real factor. He was a bit bigger, I'd guess maybe 5ish pounds. He was thick for sure comparing photos

Against pettis and Mas his game at range seemed kinda flaily, his punches were very sloppy, particularly against Pettis. His timing just seemed kinda off. Pettis was tagging the shit out of him at range.

His inside work at the end of the 2nd against pettis was impressive, that aspect of his game still looked good. Everything else tho, sloppy, un technical, not Impressive. Reaching for punches and shit

Against mas again, same sort of thing, but he did have moments where he threw some technical combinations, his fighting instincts, timing and everything just seemed a step behind. Again credit to Mas and his team, they studied Nate like a book, stifled his pressure, took away his inside game, even dominated the clinch which I expected Nate to be at his best with pressure, volume, combinations etc

I even said before the fight on numerous occasions that there is a blueprint on how to fight a Diaz bro, something we seen against condit, hendo, thomson have shown us glimpses of.

Mas did all of that and more. So again this has nothing to do with discrediting his performance at all, I have praised and defended him on more than one occasion.

I just believe that Nate peaked against Conor

The footage in the gym shows it. His performance against Conor. And its obvious too

Since you like to avoid points made, answer me this, how many fighters have come back after 3 years and have been the exact same fighter.

Maybe you being real in your own way but it's based in shitty thinking

GSP, in fact he came back better.

Shitty thinking?your analysis just plain sucks. No technical offering.

GSP in fact he came back better.
He looked good, i dont think that was the best version of GSP though. As a martial artist perhaps, but not physically, reaction time, fight instincts etc.

Regardless, GSP is one of those guys who will always be in the gym improving as a martial artist long after he retires. Hes an exception.

Give someone like Nate 13 million dollars and I wouldn't expect him to train like an elite fighter in those 3 years off.

Back