• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 243 Whittaker vs Adesanya

I broke the UFC 243 Australia card down from a betting perspective and a stylistic matchup perspective. It's worth a read if you're betting on the fights or are interested in seeing the different stylistic match ups that are taking place.

did my picks today and have no where else to share them so

60318-1747619.png

At home in the air chair, time to break out the tin foil hat. Beware speculation within

Whittaker vs Adesanya
Wouldnt be surprised if he took a free pass pulling out vs Kelvin and used it to gauge his compitition(I've written up the technical side in other posts). Whittaker by decision/Whittaker KO

Iaquinta vs Hooker
I like Hooker via decision and Al NSC.
Hooker is a beast but likes too trade a bit too much in my opinion, a tough guy contest may not work against Raging Al. Al seems to be tough as nails, though watching his eyes he seems to fall victim to target fixation. Solid all around Al has proven his skills and power but also a habit of following his opponents lead that may hurt him here

Tuivasa vs Spivak
Seems like a way to sell wolf tickets and fluff the Austrian HW's record as far as I can tell.
I've blasted Spivak alot already. I will say his straight punches size and use of some judo takedowns show a bit of knowledge. That said he doesn't look strong anywhere and seems to lack the level of experience required to be in the UFC.

Jumeau vs Lima
Torn here may play Luke NSC as a sizeable dog. Jumeau has shown alot of skill and toughness but I question his mentality and fight IQ. Lima has a decent size advantage and has proven to be well rounded in his own right. Lima may even impress like his brother did against MVP using strong fundamentals for a solid win. Lima by decision/Jumeau NSC

Just a few thoughts on the main card. Got action on Bobbie Knuckles and Bam Bam. Back and forth on the Co main but I don't hate Al NSC at dog odds, I think he is better in many areas than alot of the people Hooker has finished. Passing on Lima vs Jumeau too many questions on that one.

Hooker r1 TKO eh?
Round two maybe. Al is tough as hell and I think it takes more than 5 minutes to breakdown his defense.
He does seem to target fixate and follow more than lead.
Could see Hooker setting him up with a solid gameplan and baiting him though. Personally I like Al NSC at dog odds and Hooker decision, either way I think Al will empty the tank if he has to especially to avoid a round 1 stoppage

Hmm Whittaker ko/tko is +185 on dimes but his ISD is +205.
Either way I think he is more likely to get a stoppage

Not saying his TDD isn't great, just adding to Nick's point that the stats are inflated
Inflated because he has been elite at defending takedowns. Will be surprised if Bobby goes better than 2/10. Having said that after just watching the weigh in I'm wavering on my izzy money he could go to sleep

Nadia Kassem (126) vs. Ji Yeon Kim (128)**
Bruno Silva (136) vs. Khalid Taha (137)*

* Taha missed bantamweight limit by 1 pound; forfeits 20 percent of purse to opponent
* Kim missed women’s flyweight limit by 2 pounds; has two additional hours to cut weight

Couple weigh in thoughts

●Glad Taha missed weight the big man just got bigger, that legit 8 pack is impressive at least
●Kim looked a little bothered but I would be too, butt naked and told your getting a pay cut. Few pounds may not hurt though
●Riddle is looking pretty yoked didn't hate the slick shuffle off the scale
●Anderson looks fairly thicc long looking butt though anyway. Zarah don't like her posture or muscle tone, nipples look tiny though moving on!
●Confidence increase on Coconut Bombz thought this was at LW looks like Potter has been a 155er his whole career. Pitolo looked a little drained but re-hydrated immediately. Tree trunks for legs too.
●Matthews is looking thicc as well. Still liking him here. Who knows though Akman may be one motivated piece of shag carpet xD

Couple weigh in thoughts

●Glad Taha missed weight the big man just got bigger, that legit 8 pack is impressive at least
●Kim looked a little bothered but I would be too, butt naked and told your getting a pay cut. Few pounds may not hurt though
●Riddle is looking pretty yoked didn't hate the slick shuffle off the scale
●Anderson looks fairly thicc long looking butt though anyway. Zarah don't like her posture or muscle tone, nipples look tiny though moving on!
●Confidence increase on Coconut Bombz thought this was at LW looks like Potter has been a 155er his whole career. Pitolo looked a little drained but re-hydrated immediately. Tree trunks for legs too.
●Matthews is looking thicc as well. Still liking him here. Who knows though Akman may be one motivated piece of shag carpet xD
I was reminded how much I prefer early + ceremonial weigh-ins rather than this half debacle. Smh when they were hung up weighing Spivak who wouldn't even come close to the HW limit, she's checking her notes while Anik is waving him along. lol

Does anyone know whether kim tried again within the two hours?

Does anyone know whether kim tried again within the two hours?
Have been trying to find info on this for a while now. Then realized that no one gives a fuck if she did, except for pretty much me. And you, it seems.

●Tafa looks pretty lean, boulders for arms too. Is that tribal hip tat an Aussie thing or was he just drinking beer out of Tuivasa's shoe one night? Castro looks a little flabby to me but this is HW who the hell know, didn't cap this one either way
●Crowd didn't seem to care for Lima in that Melbourne shirt at all. Luke looked pretty solid but facing off Lima seemed like he was a MW compared to Luke. Pass but I'll give it to LI'ma
●Cold intro for the Polar bear I dig it. @Soccer Steve hope he looks as lost in the fight as he does did on stage. Didn't think he'd come in that light as tall as he is. Still loving Bam Bam to light up the Ukrainians body like a communist missile strike
●Good to see Al getting a little love. Hooker has an odd looking body. Very muscular but weird symmetry. Still like him to win and the size won't hurt. Hope the Raging Real Estate Agent puts on a show but I'll pass on his NSC line even as a dog here
●Stylebender looks solid and got a little love surprised he came in under though. It's clear who the crowd showed up for. Looking completely "yoked" in his own words his abs appear to have evolved into his spine doubt that injury from 234 comes into play.
With a gentleman's hand shake no words the Reaper looked focused on target. At the very least I think he will go to war to keep that championship belt in his grip until his hands go cold

Last edited:
Have been trying to find info on this for a while now. Then realized that no one gives a fuck if she did, except for pretty much me. And you, it seems.
May force a class change next time but oh well. For the sake of my units I hope not with reduced time to rehydrate she should be resting for the fight right?

Lima/Luke- Lima has shown an enhanced focus on his striking defense his last two fights, likely knowing his chin is a real liability. He has advantages skill-wise in most facets against Luke, just has to keep his defense sharp and not get clipped. I don't give Luke a great chance to win a decision without hurting Lima, and if he is successful in hurting Lima, I think it's quite likely he finishes the job. Thus with a +550 KO hedge for .2u, I felt good about going 2u Lima -140.

Back