UFC 239 shaping up to be one of the best cards ever...

Santos will be much too intimidated by Jones to fight like he has against these cans in your gifs.
its it quite possible Santos will lose BUT i just don't think he's the guy to get intimidated by anyone.

I dont see many exciting matches here tbh i mean i will be entertained but it is not exciting, half of the results of these matches are easily predictable.
You have a point, most of those have a big favorite. However, they are not quite mismatches either, so it should be fun. I think blachz and jds are good underdogs. Don't play diego this time guys, he ain't winning a grappling match against chiesa.

Last edited:
its it quite possible ssbtosSwoll lose BUT i just don't think he's the guy to get intimdated by anyone.
Let's hope he doesn't. I would turn off the tv if he pulls a smith. If he starts aggressive he has a shot. Kill or be killed.

He's basically a poor man's, mma version of wilder lol

16dqKTE.gif

Hahaha. That’s a great gif.

Hope they add a Johnny walker fight to it

Anthony-Smith-got-dropped-by-a-BK-then-finished-with-GNP-vs-Thiago-Santos-.gif
RashEachEarwig-size_restricted.gif

thiago.gif

tumblr_pjg9s1E1lr1rofocqo1_400.gif

Because he finished a man Jones could not, and because he is a Just Bleed God Disciple who blends violence, ferocity, and entertainment quite well. Though his chances of victory are slim, he has still been impressive at LHW, and no less deserving of a shot than Anthony Smith was. We seem to confuse, "There is no fighter in the Division who looks like he can beat Jones" with "This fighter doesn't deserve to fight Jon Jones for the Belt".

Just because these guys have little chance of beating Jones, doesn't mean they didn't earn a shot at him with their body of work in comparison to others in their division.
Well put

its it quite possible Santos will lose BUT i just don't think he's the guy to get intimidated by anyone.
Jones isn’t just “anyone”.

Look how he handled “Lionheart”! Had him looking like a deer in the headlights.

Well lets see he is ranked 3rd.. DC and Gus are 1 and 2 with Smith at 4.. Jones did beat all of them. So Jones is fighting the next best guy.. Active and fighting champ.
Whatever...it’s Santos’ funeral.

Nunes vs Holm will be decision for Amanda.
Jones dominates as usual

I dont see many exciting matches here tbh i mean i will be entertained but it is not exciting, half of the results of these matches are easily predictable.

Did you go into the future and see the results? Or are you doing that thing that people on Sherdog do? Know everything already?

Let's hope he doesn't. I would turn off the tv if he pulls a smith. If he starts aggressive he has a shot. Kill or be killed.

I'm sorry dude - but how? Because they have big power?

Did you go into the future and see the results? Or are you doing that thing that people on Sherdog do? Know everything already?
It is simple logic, i assume that you dont watch fights often.

I'm starting to think Dana White torpedo'd that fight.

He probably realizes Jon is only a PPV draw as long as he's got that "unbeatable" aura. If he loses to Stipe, his draw power vanishes. The UFC need dependable PPV stars now more than ever.

I think the UFC invested a lot of money to bribe USADA into giving Jones a pass, and they need to recoup that investment.
I'm confused, how would Jon fighting someone else that only has a punchers chance have any effect on his aura after he is dispatched just like all the others, am I missing something here?

Since the fight would be at HW too it seems like it would only add to that aura and make him an even bigger draw for the company.

And by "ever", I mean top to bottom. So far the card looks like this as per MMAjunkie.com rumours...

Jones vs Santos - LHW title
Nunes vs Holm - BW title
JDS vs Ngannou
Masvidal vs Askren
Rockhold vs Jan B
Chiesa vs Sanchez
Marshmann vs Shahbazyan (8-0)

That is stacked! Thoughts?
looks like we need to wait for a while to see what fights will be canceled

Being over aggressive against Jones is a huge mistake though, his fight IQ maybe his biggest and most overlooked asset, charging at him swinging for the fences will result in getting slammed on your ass and hellbowed to death. Look what charging a high IQ fighter got him against a smaller ( but fundamentally better technical striker) got him against Mousasi, the result will be even more catastrophic against Jon.

To beat Jones it will require fighting a fight similar to what Cody did against Cruz, a patient methodical performance forcing him out of his comfort zone but not getting over eager and making a mistake in the process.

The only person I can see having any chance of actually doing this right now is, as crazy as it sounds, Alister Overeem as long as he can contain his arrogance for a full 25 minutes if need be.

Back