UFC 239 shaping up to be one of the best cards ever...

So we criticize a fighter like Conor for not defending, then we criticize Jones for defending? Should Jones sit on the belt?
Are we really trying to have this conversation? Who HASN’T Jones defended against over the years.

I’m just saying, this Santos character has no business in an Octagon with The GOAT.

I'm starting to think Dana White torpedo'd that fight.

He probably realizes Jon is only a PPV draw as long as he's got that "unbeatable" aura. If he loses to Stipe, his draw power vanishes. The UFC need dependable PPV stars now more than ever.

I think the UFC invested a lot of money to bribe USADA into giving Jones a pass, and they need to recoup that investment.
They need to hire more MWs so they can give them LHW title shots

Never thought I’d see the day where an Askren fight is the most interesting thing on a UFC card. Lmao

Are we really trying to have this conversation? Who HASN’T Jones defended against over the years.

I’m just saying, this Santos character has no business in an Octagon with The GOAT.

Yes he does. Like I already said. He’s the next man up. Look at the rankings.

And by "ever", I mean top to bottom. So far the card looks like this as per MMAjunkie.com rumours...

Jones vs Santos - LHW title
Nunes vs Holm - BW title
JDS vs Ngannou
Masvidal vs Askren
Rockhold vs Jan B
Chiesa vs Sanchez
Marshmann vs Shahbazyan (8-0)

That is stacked! Thoughts?
100% agreed! I pray this card doesn't have any pull outs.

(Watch Cyborg vs. Evinger 2 end up being the main event)

3 great fights
Nunes vs Holm - BW title
JDS vs Ngannou
Masvidal vs Askren

Being over aggressive against Jones is a huge mistake though, his fight IQ maybe his biggest and most overlooked asset, charging at him swinging for the fences will result in getting slammed on your ass and hellbowed to death. Look what charging a high IQ fighter got him against a smaller ( but fundamentally better technical striker) got him against Mousasi, the result will be even more catastrophic against Jon.

To beat Jones it will require fighting a fight similar to what Cody did against Cruz, a patient methodical performance forcing him out of his comfort zone but not getting over eager and making a mistake in the process.

The only person I can see having any chance of actually doing this right now is, as crazy as it sounds, Alister Overeem as long as he can contain his arrogance for a full 25 minutes if need be.
I know bro. Jon's got some of the best fight iq, but I don't see santos fighting a technical fight, he isn't that kind of fighter. He needs to go for broke imho. Kick those damn chicken legs. If he lands a solid punch in the first, that could be all she wrote. What was the last time jon ate a big hand? Both santos and walker have a shot, they ae young, wild and hungry (i think jon will submit them both tho)

Anthony-Smith-got-dropped-by-a-BK-then-finished-with-GNP-vs-Thiago-Santos-.gif
RashEachEarwig-size_restricted.gif

thiago.gif

tumblr_pjg9s1E1lr1rofocqo1_400.gif

Because he finished a man Jones could not, and because he is a Just Bleed God Disciple who blends violence, ferocity, and entertainment quite well. Though his chances of victory are slim, he has still been impressive at LHW, and no less deserving of a shot than Anthony Smith was. We seem to confuse, "There is no fighter in the Division who looks like he can beat Jones" with "This fighter doesn't deserve to fight Jon Jones for the Belt".

Just because these guys have little chance of beating Jones, doesn't mean they didn't earn a shot at him with their body of work in comparison to others in their division.

He lost to Branch and friggin' Gegard Mousasi.

And by "ever", I mean top to bottom. So far the card looks like this as per MMAjunkie.com rumours...

Jones vs Santos - LHW title
Nunes vs Holm - BW title
JDS vs Ngannou
Masvidal vs Askren
Rockhold vs Jan B
Chiesa vs Sanchez
Marshmann vs Shahbazyan (8-0)

That is stacked! Thoughts?

I'm thinking this card is not worth $60 need that your post title is bullshit.

Parlay:

Jones
Nunes
Rockhold
Ngannou
Askren

I know bro. Jon's got some of the best fight iq, but I don't see santos fighting a technical fight, he isn't that kind of fighter. He needs to go for broke imho. Kick those damn chicken legs. If he lands a solid punch in the first, that could be all she wrote. What was the last time jon ate a big hand? Both santos and walker have a shot, they ae young, wild and hungry (i think jon will submit them both tho)
Fair enough, that's kind of the point though, we can't remember the last time he ate a big shot because it just doesn't tend to happen because of his IQ.

I don't care for it. I've still got a grudge from Ngannou-Lewis.
Yeah that fight was terrible but JDS isn't the type if guy that won't force the fight so its almost guaranteed to be fireworks.

He lost to Branch and friggin' Gegard Mousasi.

Please tell me more about his losses at LHW, since that is the title shot he is getting, and where he has been fighting during his recent run..

Back