• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 235 Jones vs Smith

What's with this Zabit is overrated dialogue? I've seen nothing but excitement and hype for the guy being legit before today. I thought he was seen as one of the most promising mid 20's prospects in the UFC along with Yan.
That was before he lost the first round to Brandon Davis and broke against Bochniak. Now he's facing a guy levels above both those two and better in pretty much all areas of fighting.

Yan in comparison has been near perfect against far better competition than Zabit has faced.

That was before he lost the first round to Brandon Davis and broke against Bochniak. Now he's facing a guy levels above both those two and better in pretty much all areas of fighting.

Yan in comparison has been near perfect against far better competition than Zabit has faced.

Hmm. Ok. I guess that makes sense. Feels like people are suddenly turning their backs on him though, I remember he had a little bandwagon of fans going and everything. Not so much anymore, people seem a lot more critical.

I like Stephen's as much as the next guy but in my book he's almost a Jim Miller kind of fighter. Dangerous, yes, but in all reality a stepping stone. That's why these guys have so many losses. Both have put in 10+ years in the UFC and I feel both are in similar enough career spots... And I'm not forgetting how Miller shit the bed in the Olivera rematch when a lot of people had serious faith in him.

Cirkunov v. Walker is the people's main event. That fight is going to be sick and I have no idea who to bet.

Cody Garbrandt vs Pedro Munhoz. What a fun matchup in the UFC's 135 pound division. Garbrandt finding himself kind of in a no man's land in the rankings where he sits atop at number 2 even after suffering consecutive losses to the champ TJ.

Not a terribly hard fight to understand. Cody being primarily a counter striker with good footwork and HEADMOVEMENT! HEADMOVEMENT! but, with a questionable chin and fight IQ. Munhoz being one of the 135 pound divisions finest disciples of the just bleed gods, a forward pressing swanger with a nasty guillotine and pretty good chin.

Munhoz will likely be the one pushing the pace while No Love is looking to widen his stance, take the outside foot position and counter shot. A concern for Cody backers is His seemingly lack of defense when trading in the pocket. Cody appears to trust his power a but too much, forgoing his guard and relying on his power punches and slips to keep him out of trouble. Cody also displaying a lack of a plan B when his offense isnt working or he gets hurt.

I also consider Cody's strength of schedule a weakness as well. Count me in the camp that believes he beat a lesser version of Cruz who himself admitted he abandoned the gameplan a but to put on a show for the fans. Munhoz possessing a chasm of UFC experience against top flight competition.

Overall I think Cody's betting line is overvalued and see value on Pedro as a +150 underdog.

Cody Garbrandt vs Pedro Munhoz. What a fun matchup in the UFC's 135 pound division. Garbrandt finding himself kind of in a no man's land in the rankings where he sits atop at number 2 even after suffering consecutive losses to the champ TJ.

Not a terribly hard fight to understand. Cody being primarily a counter striker with good footwork and HEADMOVEMENT! HEADMOVEMENT! but, with a questionable chin and fight IQ. Munhoz being one of the 135 pound divisions finest disciples of the just bleed gods, a forward pressing swanger with a nasty guillotine and pretty good chin.

Munhoz will likely be the one pushing the pace while No Love is looking to widen his stance, take the outside foot position and counter shot. A concern for Cody backers is His seemingly lack of defense when trading in the pocket. Cody appears to trust his power a but too much, forgoing his guard and relying on his power punches and slips to keep him out of trouble. Cody also displaying a lack of a plan B when his offense isnt working or he gets hurt.

I also consider Cody's strength of schedule a weakness as well. Count me in the camp that believes he beat a lesser version of Cruz who himself admitted he abandoned the gameplan a but to put on a show for the fans. Munhoz possessing a chasm of UFC experience against top flight competition.

Overall I think Cody's betting line is overvalued and see value on Pedro as a +150 underdog.

Do you think Munhoz can get it done inside the distance? Cody doesn't seem like the most durable fighter I've ever seen near the top of the rankings...

How worried are you guys in regards to the Cirkunov/Walker bout?

Walker is a giant at the weight who just proved one shot KO ability in back to back fights... He's clearly a glass cannon but he seems to of found his groove and is looking lethal lately. I don't think anyone's forgetting that Cirkunov was finished quickly in back to back fights by top tier strikers, he seems to have minor durability issues. He also had a few wins against big bangers and finishers so it leaves you curious as to just how well he can take a shot

I thought we were substance abuse buddies! I trusted you! Reeeeee <45>

That's a whole lotta JPEG up there too. I can count the pixels lol.
I abuse most substances/ things in my life if that comforts u man lol

How worried are you guys in regards to the Cirkunov/Walker bout?

Walker is a giant at the weight who just proved one shot KO ability in back to back fights... He's clearly a glass cannon but he seems to of found his groove and is looking lethal lately. I don't think anyone's forgetting that Cirkunov was finished quickly in back to back fights by top tier strikers, he seems to have minor durability issues. He also had a few wins against big bangers and finishers so it leaves you curious as to just how well he can take a shot

It's hard to take much from the Ledet-Rountree bouts and it's hard to take much from the Volkan-Tex fights.

What I think is fair to say is that Walker is taking a big step up in competition against Cirk. Dog play for me.

Do you think Munhoz can get it done inside the distance? Cody doesn't seem like the most durable fighter I've ever seen near the top of the rankings...
Yes but I have the utmost respect for Cody's power. Remember the opponents he hasn't ko'd he's at least scored a knockdown against (in the UFC) save the second TJ fight.

Yes but I have the utmost respect for Cody's power. Remember the opponents he hasn't ko'd he's at least scored a knockdown against (in the UFC) save the second TJ fight.

What do you think the Cody TKO/KO line will look like, as an arb maybe? Any idea?

I'd love to back Charles Byrd as a slight dog, but how he wilted under pressure last time out really worries me... It's like, come on, almost everyone legit that Stewart has ever fought in the UFC has managed to deal with his striking and pressure one way or another. The only other stoppage Stewart has is Spicely who's notoriously fragile himself. Not a good look.

What do you think the Cody TKO/KO line will look like, as an arb maybe? Any idea?
Expecting it to look like this...

DSC_0015.JPG

I'm not one to talk about lines on the public side of the forum before they're released. Although I'm not really in the camp that believes oddsmaker check up on here since most of the big big players dont post here anymore. I give the respect though.

Are you just a fan of the cocaine or do you also dabble in.... other substances? <45>

this is such a random video to link and it has almost no views. I really like the aesthetic though. It makes me wanna go fly to a far off land and trip balls.

Back