• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

Yep. Shev will wait and wait and wait... zzzzz

She may cash eventually but -300 backers will be sweating

If 10-10 was a thing - why it isn't I really don't understand, Woodley-Thompson - we'd all be hammering the draw line down to 10:1.

Been 6 months waiting for a fight, I worked on my striking, training at Jackson-Wink, tall guys here, he's a striker, I'm a wrestler, I'll get the best of him, I fight tall guys all the time, I'm a short wrestler, put on the pressure, hes' in for a rough night

Working with USADA on cannabis TUE for last 17 months, pain in my hands, 19th fight, I'm a tough puzzle to crack, I will show him different between chess and checkers, He's where I was 2-3 years ago, he's always had a cardio issue, in the Machida fight he fought scared, I still want the Shoeface fight

I love Shevchenko in this fight but not for the price. Might take her inside the distance for a little.

I think you guys are getting a bit carried away with stats in regards to this Shev vs JJ fight. We can pretty much throw out the Pena and Kaufman fights since they were both grappling heavy contests and completely different stylistic matchups than JJ.

Outside of that, at 135, she fought Nunes twice and Holm. Holm is low volume herself, hits mainly air with her strikes and when you combine that with a counterstriker like Shev, it's a recipe for a lot of inactivity. I think it's pretty obvious why she fought cautiously against Nunes, especially in the second fight when she showed up with 5 rounds of cardio for the first time. Not to mention the fact that Shev was fighting above her natural weight class against opponents who have/will be fighting at 145.

Shev isn't going to be nearly as concerned about the power coming back from JJ and if JJ is going to push her usual pace Shev will have plenty of opportunities to land her counters. I think JJ's style might actually play to Shev's strengths.

That said, I'm not interested in playing either girl at current prices. I wanted a nice line on Shev ITD, but it moved the wrong way. If it jumps back up I may stab it.

By the way, Shev ITD +160, fight doesn't go to decision +185 at the moment.

I have never been so confident in an MMA pick than I am in Ortega winning this fight. I think it will be a knock down drag out war but Ortega is a fighter who does not quit and is very opportunistic. I think he wins against a fully healthy Max so I am not even considering head trauma etc in this decision. I simply think Brian's an animal and a real fighter and, guess what, in a real fight it doesn't matter how many points you attain or how long it goes if the other guy finishes you and I truly believe Brian will finish Max and start his title reign. He's humble, he's intelligent, and, while I don't think he makes it look easy, I do think most of the forum will look back on this fight and say "shit I should have seen that coming." The proof is in the tape.

Also, please don't tell me I'm an idiot or call me "bro" or any of that other shit. We are allowed to disagree on fights.
Never been so confident in the outcome or never been happier w the price? Im laying 5 or 6 units on Max, and while it’s my fave bet in months, I’ve been more confident in other outcomes where I’m paying a fuck load of juice so I wasn’t as crazy about the bet. Regardless, good luck, bro.

I can clearer see Jim Manuwa pulling the upset for sure, i wouldnt mind placing a bet on him for the potential upset.

Haha JJ chances to finish so slim the bookies are paying juice.
dont be so surprised if Santos losses. Ironical Santos is in UFC 231 in Toronto and will be in the same building with the two fighters he already fought and beaten lol. Or If JJ wins for that matter as well. I wouldn't be surprised if she wins to.

I dont trust Max at 145 anymore. I think all this talk from him and his camp is smoke and mirrors or downright denial. I trust Ortega at this stage to walk through Max's fire and finish him late in the fight.

Max rebounded at 155 will be a different animal. The guy is clearly top big for 145 now, and UFC should have just stepped in and forced him to move up.

Wow - confident enough to put 4 units on Holloway! That seems super risky, especially considering his (CTE) illness. Check his latest interviews where he basically says the symptoms took a very long time to go away (he actually doesn't answer the question & implies the symptoms never fully went away) + how he tries not to think about it, & it got him really depressed. A lot of the fight game is mental, careful on that Holloway bet.

Yes if someone pulls from the main absolutely, if not he's allready ready why not
But Moicano is a FW and Diego is a LW, Moicano needs to weigh in at 145 to be the replacement

Moicano won't be fighting Diego

They'll probably bring in another journeymen off the regional scene to fight Diego

Last edited:
Back