• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 231 Holloway vs Ortega

I can't wait to fight, it's difficult to not be as active, striking fight, I've beat her 3 times, I'm a complete fighter but striking is my favorite, happy to be fighting a professional, I've fought bigger and better opponents, I'm ready for everything, the experience I have from our last fights, will help me in this fight, I'm here for the victory, both of our walk around weight is 135

I can't wait to fight, it's difficult to not be as active, striking fight, I've beat her 3 times, I'm a complete fighter but striking is my favorite, happy to be fighting a professional, I've fought bigger and better opponents, I'm ready for everything, the experience I have from our last fights, will help me in this fight, I'm here for the victory, both of our walk around weight is 135

Shev really feeling herself.

I beat her three times when she was a green 20 year old

Anyone know any way to get twitter notifications when props are released?

Last edited:
Shev really feeling herself.

I beat her three times when she was a green 20 year old

Ugh. I think Joanna is really overrated and would hate to bet on her, but at +285 and climbing, it's tempting enough that I have to at least consider it.

I don't know about you guys but I love Eryk Anders @ evens.

Think he will bully ring boi through 3 rounds, maybe catching a late finish.

I appreciate some of the breakdowns referencing Anders lack of output, but I think Elias's output will be hampered severly by Anders' domineering pressure.

Got a good feeling on this one my brotha's

@mkess101 sorry to summon you from the heavies just curious if you had any leans on the card. Thanks in advanced bro.

I have never been so confident in an MMA pick than I am in Ortega winning this fight. I think it will be a knock down drag out war but Ortega is a fighter who does not quit and is very opportunistic. I think he wins against a fully healthy Max so I am not even considering head trauma etc in this decision. I simply think Brian's an animal and a real fighter and, guess what, in a real fight it doesn't matter how many points you attain or how long it goes if the other guy finishes you and I truly believe Brian will finish Max and start his title reign. He's humble, he's intelligent, and, while I don't think he makes it look easy, I do think most of the forum will look back on this fight and say "shit I should have seen that coming." The proof is in the tape.

Also, please don't tell me I'm an idiot or call me "bro" or any of that other shit. We are allowed to disagree on fights.

I don't know about you guys but I love Eryk Anders @ evens.

Think he will bully ring boi through 3 rounds, maybe catching a late finish.

I appreciate some of the breakdowns referencing Anders lack of output, but I think Elias's output will be hampered severly by Anders' domineering pressure.

Got a good feeling on this one my brotha's

I need to watch way more tape on both fighters, but beyond that, I'm concerned that Anders suffered a hellacious beating and knockout loss in September and is fighting again in December.

That's really bad; I think fighters should take at least 6 months before their next fight after a bad knockout like that.

According to Anders he wasn’t ko’d Or hurt at all just completely exhausted

It was a war but I don’t think we can look at it the same as if he was actually knocked out/unconscious

According to Anders he wasn’t ko’d Or hurt at all just completely exhausted

It was a war but I don’t think we can look at it the same as if he was actually knocked out/unconscious
I'm not sure about that, he was still holding on to a single leg and going for it when it was 20 seconds left of the round, then he took about 10 hellbows to the side of the head, fell down to his knees, then an additional 15 strikes to the face and when the round was over he was falling all over the place and couldn't even take a step. I dare say he was actually really hurt there, combined with being completely exhausted of course

Some of these recent events I've had to tape 6-10 new fighters, such a relief to only have to tape 2-3 for this card.

M. Holloway ML -130 4u
J. Manuwa ML +140 1.75u
Joanna Contender ML +285 1.5u
H. Dowodu ML -180 2u
G. Burns ML +130 1u

Max one of your biggest bets ever? Maybe I’m forgetting but I don’t recall you going 4u before.

Max one of your biggest bets ever? Maybe I’m forgetting but I don’t recall you going 4u before.
In terms of unit size yeah. Shamefully I still haven't learned to stay away from sports I dont have time to cap so I've taken some heavy NBA losses. My unit size has gone down a bit since the season started.

I'm not sure about that, he was still holding on to a single leg and going for it when it was 20 seconds left of the round, then he took about 10 hellbows to the side of the head, fell down to his knees, then an additional 15 strikes to the face and when the round was over he was falling all over the place and couldn't even take a step. I dare say he was actually really hurt there, combined with being completely exhausted of course
Yeah. I was worried we'd just gotten a death in the cage or that Anders'd be seriously hurt at the time.

Curious if anyone is still playing Elias at evens or slight fav that he got bet down to. Or was he only value as a moderate dog?

It's not that embarassing if you really examine the style match-up. And because I too lost money (with a lot of other ppl) on that football player, I was motivated to never bet wrong on his fights again and really put a lot of hours of work to see where I went wrong.
See, Dianabol, it was embarrassing what Pedro did. He had shot fighter and just had to pull the trigger (and he was physically and technically capable of) and end him. Anders didn't had shot fighter. Number one. He had a way past his prime Dragon who was running from him all the time and spammed kicks, he didn't get Anders any opportunity almost. And Machida is good enough wrestler to stuff any attempts by an athlete that just learned some bare bones techniques but was not anywhere near the levels of wrestling that most top 10 MW are. Not to mention the guys that beat Machida @ 185. And Machida never had any issues with cardio so could run like that for 10 rounds if he wants to. Anders is slow, slooow footed. He was slow footed before he fight Machida, he didn't shit the bed, we just overestimated him big time.
Cmon It's embarrassing, losing to a 40 year old USADA victim that hadn't won a fight in years, it's just not a good look. Anders entered that fight undefeated, he was supposed to win and then he goes out there and stares at Lyoto for 25 minutes. It was an awful fight and awful performance by Anders, he was way too tentative and honestly he deserved to lose that fight.

I agree with you that Anders was overrated, he's a good athlete but his skills are very mediocre by UFC MW standards. I also think Anders doesn't have the best fight IQ.

It can be kind of hard to rate Ander's, I feel like he's capable of being a much more effective fighter but he's given me reason to doubt him, I'm really not impressed with some of these performances.

What if Theodorou just runs away and throws kicks the whole fight, not giving Anders the chance to plant his feet and throw. I just don't know how Anders performs and thats the problem. He's certainly got the potential to beat Theodorou but if he comes out looking tentative he'll probably lose for sure.

I can't stand betting on fighters that have low output and lose decisions because of it. Just like I can't stand fighters that won't fight for my money in the 3rd round when they are down on the cards, like that bum Ben 10 last weekend. Why did that guy even show up to fight? looked like he was sparring the whole fight, zero urgency to make something happen

Watching Nina vs Randi Markos and then watching Gadaiz-ya versus Esparza...not sure why anyone would bet Nina unless they thought she could knock Claudia out which hasn’t been done yet. IMO gadelha could take her down and sub her pretty easily considering Randi wrestle fucked Nina the first round, she’s a purple belt to Claudia’s pure Brazilian black, Claudia took down Esparza, swept her, nearly guillotined her as time expired round 1 and Nina really has shown no grappling chops that I can see at all....Nina’s striking/aggression is nowhere near the level of an Andrade as well ...what am I missing here? Gas tank..calf kicks?

@mkess101 sorry to summon you from the heavies just curious if you had any leans on the card. Thanks in advanced bro.

No worries! Good break from arguing with trolls LOL.

I like the price on Max at near evens, but his whole medical thing would make me hesitant to put much down.

I think Anders/Elias GTD maybe has a little value but again it's decent juice so wouldn't be a big play.

Shevchenko itd when it opens I'd be playing at nice + odds. I think a gnp stoppage by her is absolutely possible and JJ showed she can be put away standing too. Shevchenko is bigger, better, and I think going to try to make a statement. She also has an underrated sub game. But -350 ML...meh. I'd rather roll the dice on her itd line.

Curious if anyone is still playing Elias at evens or slight fav that he got bet down to. Or was he only value as a moderate dog?
Got all my action on at an average of about +140, but I still think he's value at this price.

Back