UFC 227 Dillashaw vs Garbrandt II

I'm surprised to see Ricky Simón as a favorite again. I deifinitely think that Montel Jackson has advantages both standing and with the wrestling.

Johns ain't winning, just a terrible style match up for him, he doesn't have any sort of advantage in this fight. Johns may have a nice looking record but if you inspect the record, he doesn't have any notable wins, only beats bums like Morales and Soto. I remember reading comments on here when Johns was fighting Soto and everyone was hyping up Soto lol, at least now you guys recognize that he's a bum.

The one knock on Munhoz is his lack of athleticism but you know who also has a lack of athleticism? Brett Johns, probably more so than Munhoz.

Munhoz is just better point blank period

And Munhoz is still getting better, looked good in his last two fights. Putting in that work at ATT for another camp, a lot of good BW's and FLW's to train with there. Munhoz has always worked with top level camps, was at Black House and Kings MMA before making the move to ATT. Meanwhile Johns is still training at some bum gym in Wales, with bums.

Munhoz should be -500
I literally maxbet Sterling against Johns for all the reasons above. I just think people are burying him too hard after an atrocious stylistic matchup.

Munhoz gets rocked hard in every single fight then hits some bananas choke. Every fight could be the fight he gets KO’d cold. Betting his ML is asking for trouble imo

No he doesnt. Waant rocked by dodson or font dont recall scoggins rocking him either. Johns has two career ko wins...

I literally maxbet Sterling against Johns for all the reasons above. I just think people are burying him too hard after an atrocious stylistic matchup.

Im not burying johns but this is an even worse stylistic matchup. Johns is a forward pressure take one to give one tupe striker come wrestler. He cant wrestle here due to the insane guillotine threat. On the feet pedro is going to push him back and johns i can guarantee cant fight on the back foot. Pedro has the cardio chin and power adv. These two are very similar in their pressure style but pedro is the ultimate pressure fighter. Pedros also at att while johns trains in a shed in wales with nobodies.

Im not burying johns but this is an even worse stylistic matchup. Johns is a forward pressure take one to give one tupe striker come wrestler. He cant wrestle here due to the insane guillotine threat. On the feet pedro is going to push him back and johns i can guarantee cant fight on the back foot. Pedro has the cardio chin and power adv. These two are very similar in their pressure style but pedro is the ultimate pressure fighter. Pedros also at att while johns trains in a shed in wales with nobodies.
Yeah. Fair enough. I'm probably just looking at a 0.5u play on Johns or something. I just feel that he, like Swanson, is getting underrated when there is a definite path to victory.

Aldanas boxing is better than anything bethe has in her limited arsenal.

She’s got hands and she’s stopped people

What fights are you basing this on? I've seen two of Aldana's matches, but literally wrote in my notes;

"Wide, incorrectly thrown hooks. Doesn't really understand how to properly throw straight punches, either, moving with her shoulders more than with her hips. Throws awful, slow, tentative, telegraphed kicks like someone who has been taking karate for a few weeks."

The only strikes Aldana throws that aren't downright embarrassing are her knees.

I watched Sayles last fight and I noticed he is very fuckin calm while fighting and has a good right hand.

What fights are you basing this on? I've seen two of Aldana's matches, but literally wrote in my notes;

"Wide, incorrectly thrown hooks. Doesn't really understand how to properly throw straight punches, either, moving with her shoulders more than with her hips. Throws awful, slow, tentative, telegraphed kicks like someone who has been taking karate for a few weeks."

The only strikes Aldana throws that aren't downright embarrassing are her knees.

Maybe you should throw your notes in the trash

Does anyone know what kind of shoulder surgery Demitrious Johnson had back in January? The only thing I can find is him saying that he was feeling pain in his left shoulder and had the surgery to get things "cleaned up".

I've personally had 3 shoulder surgeries in my twenties and I can tell you from experience that they are no picnic and lesser men than Johnson are not back to 100 percent at the 6 month mark.

Just wondering.

Maybe you should throw your notes in the trash

Or maybe you could answer the question about what fights you're basing Aldana's purported boxing skills on? I'm a former amateur boxer and noted specific and very basic mechanical mistakes Aldana makes. You've provided zilch in terms of evidence or analysis.

That which is asserted without evidence can just as easily be dismissed without evidence.

Does anyone know what kind of shoulder surgery Demitrious Johnson had back in January? The only thing I can find is him saying that he was feeling pain in his left shoulder and had the surgery to get things "cleaned up".

I've personally had 3 shoulder surgeries in my twenties and I can tell you from experience that they are no picnic and lesser men than Johnson are not back to 100 percent at the 6 month mark.

Just wondering.
dj has no need to rush back. got to assume all is good. dj could of sat out for 2 years waiting for a contender to emerge and no one would of noticed

I bet on Sterling too, easy money. Johns just isn't that good, he'll only look good against bottom of the barrel UFC comp like Morales and Soto. Against ranked opponents he's out of his league. Munhoz is tough, dangerous and very well rounded, he's a pressure fighter like Johns but just a better overall version.

Johns has a nice looking record thats why he gets as much respect as he does. But if we inspect the record it's not impressive. Munhoz is beating guys like Scoggins and Font, Johns is beating guys that don't belong in the UFC. The The Sterling fight gave a clear indication of how Johns fares against ranked opposition, out classed.

TJ Dillaroid should be at least a 2-1 favorite, Garbrandt still getting too much respect. The win over Cruz really hyped him up but I don't think he beat the real Cruz, I think Cruz looked slow and sluggish in that fight and he had a confirmed injury.

TJ is just a better more well rounded fighter than Garbrandt. And winning the 1st fight gives him a significant mental advantage in this fight, especially because it's such an emotionally fueled fight.

Oh and how about Garbrandt and his concussion problems. Remember he got KO'd cold as an amatuer, guarantee you Dillashaw gave him another concussion 8 months ago.

Garbrandt's back injury is another thing, anyone that knows anything about back injuries know that once you herniate a disc, it never really recovers 100% and it affects your mobility. I know Garbrandt went over to Germany and got stem cells injected into his back but he was still having problems with it afterwards, its going to be an on going issue for him.

I love the way Dillashaw runs his camp too, I really believe that is the best way to run a camp for a fighter. Bring in top coaches and training partners to cater to the individual fighter, it can't be cheap but it seems that the best way to do it.

I've never put money on a Dillashaw fight before and I regret that, he's my kind of fighter, ultra competitive, on the steroids, great athlete, elite skills, winner

I love making money on fighters that take steroids, cheating the system, beating the game.

TJ Dillaroid should be at least a 2-1 favorite, Garbrandt still getting too much respect. The win over Cruz really hyped him up but I don't think he beat the real Cruz, I think Cruz looked slow and sluggish in that fight and he had a confirmed injury.

TJ is just a better more well rounded fighter than Garbrandt. And winning the 1st fight gives him a significant mental advantage in this fight, especially because it's such an emotionally fueled fight.

Oh and how about Garbrandt and his concussion problems. Remember he got KO'd cold as an amatuer, guarantee you Dillashaw gave him another concussion 8 months ago.

Garbrandt's back injury is another thing, anyone that knows anything about back injuries know that once you herniate a disc, it never really recovers 100% and it affects your mobility. I know Garbrandt went over to Germany and got stem cells injected into his back but he was still having problems with it afterwards, its going to be an on going issue for him.

I love the way Dillashaw runs his camp too, I really believe that is the best way to run a camp for a fighter. Bring in top coaches and training partners to cater to the individual fighter, it can't be cheap but it seems that the best way to do it.

I've never put money on a Dillashaw fight before and I regret that, he's my kind of fighter, ultra competitive, on the steroids, great athlete, elite skills, winner

I love making money on fighters that take steroids, cheating the system, beating the game.

Kinda agree. I don't see why anyone would play Cody ML as I don't really see how he wins a decision against TJ.

Regarding Cruz - he's been dealing with plantar fascia for some time, he went in details during his Joe Rogan podcast. He mentioned not being able to walk to the bathroom due to foot pain and the sad thing is there are not so many treatments for that. We'll probably never see the old Cruz again.

I think the odds are about right but I do agree that Dillashaw is the better overall fighter. Cody will be very dangerous early though as we saw in the first fight but you can argue he threw everything at Dillashaw and wasn’t able to finishing him. I took Dillashaw already at -115 and will probably add on a nice inside distance or points handicap.

Parlayed Perez/Torres FGTD + Moicano for 1U

Without rewatching any fights I like cejudo odds at 4,85 just cuz he is a top athlete and have preparing for DJ for more then 2years and DJ have had that belt to long

Anybody have a take on Ramos vs Kang?

Ramos is still kinda raw, could make a dumb mistake and get subbed. But barring that I think he's got this. Way better chin/power, stronger wrestler, better BJJ, etc. Kang's only advantage is IQ/experience, and I don't think that's enough to win 1/3 times.

Without rewatching any fights I like cejudo odds at 4,85 just cuz he is a top athlete and have preparing for DJ for more then 2years and DJ have had that belt to long

And dj isn’t a top athlete? He absolutely destroyed Cejudo the first time and while Cejudo has improved since then so has dj.

Back