UFC 218 - Holloway vs Aldo II - Detroit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eddie has more power and arguably a better chin. ... same can be said vice versa.
Eddie's chin won't hold up against Gaejthe's power, and it'll only be a matter of time before he connects.

Eddie has been a dog in every single UFC fight he's had, he doesn't get much love. Gaethje also opened up as a more than 2 to 1 fav vs MJ too which I found shocking. no doubt Eddie will be a dog.
There’s no way Eddie is going to open as a dog

Remember we should not discuss fights or lines that aren’t out yet.

Eddie has more power and arguably a better chin. ... same can be said vice versa.

Eddie's chin is the definition of china. Based on what does he have a better chin than Gaejthe? Who knows who punches harder, it's irrelevant. They both hit hard, but what matters is who will take the other's shot better, and I cannot put any faith in Eddie's chin.

Both can be hurt. But both have good heart and can come back after being hurt.

Justin gets rocked every fight, but hasn't been put out or finished. Eddie gets rocked every fight AND has been put out and finished. It's a simple system but that says to me Justin, for now, has the better chin.

With that, Justin could lose his at any moment and once it's gone that kind of means career over for him with the way he fights.

I believe Holloway wins again, I don't think anyone at FW can beat him at the moment and he'd probably beat the majority of LW's too.

Reem/Francis is a tricky pick too. Reem has the experience and can be a crafty bastard in there, but Francis could knock him to the moon with one punch. Reem is going to be playing it very safe and maybe he will be able to out skill Francis, catch him swinging and land a big knee or kick. Siding with Francis though, speed, power, killer instinct and he's facing a weak chin.

Eddie has been a dog in every single UFC fight he's had, he doesn't get much love. Gaethje also opened up as a more than 2 to 1 fav vs MJ too which I found shocking. no doubt Eddie will be a dog.

that's incredible! 7 times in a row eddie's been the dog.. and yea probably 8 obviously

Man. Look at the resume of Eddie. Dude has fought the best of the best

Justin gets rocked every fight, but hasn't been put out or finished. Eddie gets rocked every fight AND has been put out and finished. It's a simple system but that says to me Justin, for now, has the better chin.

With that, Justin could lose his at any moment and once it's gone that kind of means career over for him with the way he fights.

I believe Holloway wins again, I don't think anyone at FW can beat him at the moment and he'd probably beat the majority of LW's too.

Reem/Francis is a tricky pick too. Reem has the experience and can be a crafty bastard in there, but Francis could knock him to the moon with one punch. Reem is going to be playing it very safe and maybe he will be able to out skill Francis, catch him swinging and land a big knee or kick. Siding with Francis though, speed, power, killer instinct and he's facing a weak chin.

Ranked guys Eddie has fought

Top 5 at time of fight ( 10 fights)

Hansen
Kawajiri
Aoki 1
Aoki 2
Chandler 2
Cerrone
Melendez
Pettis
RDA
McGregor

Top 10 at time of fight

Poirier

Other notables

Chandler 1
Pitbull friere
Kikuno in his prime

Top 5 opponents Gaethje fought

Top 10 Gaethje fought

MJ

Other notables

JZ
Palomino?
Newell?

Listen I love gaethje but his resume is not impressive, he'd very likely take his fair share of KOs with Alvarez schedule. Eddie was never KOd, tko'd twice by a phenom in McGregor and a 200 lb Nick Thompson at WW.

"Eddie has a glass chin" is a myth

I'm gonna guess Ngannou -190 Reem +160

I'm expecting Gaethje -225 Alvarez +175 or something ridiculous like that so I can make money on Eddie.

Eddie is getting wrecked

There is no skill difference

Strictly chin vs chin matchup

Overeem and Francis is tricky indeed. Pass for me, either Overeem wins a decison or Francis ko him.

55/45 Francis

Lol

Eddie's chin is the definition of china. Based on what does he have a better chin than Gaejthe? Who knows who punches harder, it's irrelevant. They both hit hard, but what matters is who will take the other's shot better, and I cannot put any faith in Eddie's chin.

Only two tkos on his record, one to mcgregor, and he’s fought some big hitters

I want to talk about these other fights too gentlemen but we don’t need to help the books before these lines drop

Ranked guys Eddie has fought

Top 5 at time of fight ( 10 fights)

Hansen
Kawajiri
Aoki 1
Aoki 2
Chandler 2
Cerrone
Melendez
Pettis
RDA
McGregor

Top 10 at time of fight

Poirier

Other notables

Chandler 1
Pitbull friere
Kikuno in his prime

Top 5 opponents Gaethje fought

Top 10 Gaethje fought

MJ

Other notables

JZ
Palomino?
Newell?

Listen I love gaethje but his resume is not impressive, he'd very likely take his fair share of KOs with Alvarez schedule. Eddie was never KOd, tko'd twice by a phenom in McGregor and a 200 lb Nick Thompson at WW.

"Eddie has a glass chin" is a myth

No doubt Eddie has fought the better skilled opponents but I don't think having less skills means the shots Justin has taken have any less power behind them. Talking chin for chin there is no doubt the guys Justin has fought hit just as hard as many of the guys Eddie has fought.

You're right about him not being finished half as much as I thought though. He gets rocked a lot but be does survive most of the time. I do think he is right there with Justin though in terms of losing his chin. He could go at any moment, Dustin certainly put it to the test in their fight and came close to the finish.

Justins biggest test yet for sure. Great fight this one.

I did not know that Magana was still in the company. I'm curious to see the line on this fight. 4 losses in a row, 0-2 UFC record, terrible skills, 2 year layoff, the pathetic confrontation against Cyborg.

Maybe we get a good line with Cooper's record? I hope

PD: Magana has 2 victories over Honchak and Aguilar like 7-8 years ago, hard to believe lol. ¿Has anyone seen those fights?, I dind't find anything.

UFC 218: Holloway vs. Aldo 2
DECEMBER 2, 2017
Little Caesars Arena | Detroit, Michigan

Main Card - PPV, 10PM ET

Featherweight Title

Jose Aldo +190
Max Holloway -270

Over 2.5 -190
Under 2.5 +150
-

Alistair Overeem +170
Francis Ngannou -230

Over 1.5 +130
Under 1.5 -170
-

Sergio Pettis +265
Henry Cejudo -385

Over 2.5 -280
Under 2.5 +200
-

Eddie Alvarez +175
Justin Gaethje -245

Over 1.5 -170
Under 1.5 +130
-

Michelle Waterson +140
Tecia Torres -180

Over 2.5 -270
Under 2.5 +190

missed pettis +265, already +170, wow

man waterson got smashed from +140.. i mean, yea, she's the better finisher of the two certainly (better subs) -- but isn't torres younger faster stronger? -110 seems playable to me... i'm taking it...

i actually like O1.5 -165 on alvarez-gaethje.

geathje's been O1.5 6 out of his last 7 times, if anyone didn't know. he's not a 1-hitter quitter.. he breaks dudes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back