UFC 209 - Twood vs Wonderboy II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
David Teymur Muay Thai fight from over 3 years ago, he's been a high level striker for a while and he's only 27 now. I think he will destroy Lando on the feet. Watch his UFC fights on fight pass too, completely destroys Novelli and Svensson.

Yeah idk if you guys are aware of this, but WB has his own high level wrestlers he hires and works with at his karate gym. They showed one dude in one of the countdowns awhile back and I remember his credentials were very legit.

The Tristar wrestling coach Matt Miller is a guy he used to regularly bring in along with Weidman obviously.

I haven't seen one person say they are betting Khabib? Are we all balls deep on Ferg?

David Teymur Muay Thai fight from over 3 years ago, he's been a high level striker for a while and he's only 27 now. I think he will destroy Lando on the feet. Watch his UFC fights on fight pass too, completely destroys Novelli and Svensson.

Impressive but let's be honest it looked like that guy was completely over matched.

Hey guys. I have been lurking for a while here but now I am jumping in. I just rewatched Khabib vs Michael Johnson and one thing that stuck out to me was the pace that Khabib kept. He certainly does not fight like someone who is worried about getting tired. I know hes only been in 3 rounders in the UFC, but based on his last fight I would not feel comfortable banking on him to slow down.

I see already a lot of people are on Tony. Is that just because you guys think the line is off? If this fight were a pickem would most of you still be firing 4-5 units on Tony? Personally I favor Khabib by quite a bit. I think Ferguson's crazy style will increases the chances that he finds himself in bad positions. Furthermore, until I see someone do anything on the ground vs Khabib except survive I just can't expect it.

Looking forward to being a part of the discussion!

I can see the argument for Khabib at evens. I slightly favor Ferg in a 5 rounder but definitely not unreasonable to think Khabib wins. But -200?? Cmon.

Keep in mind too regarding the pace that knowing it's a 3 round fight allows you to push a faster pace. We haven't seen Khabib go 5 rounds at the frenetic pace that Ferg fights at. I for sure think Fergs cardio is the proven commodity while Khabib's is at best a question mark over a 5 round fast paced fight.

I think Ferg is one of the top 3 best conditioned fighters on the roster. He can go 10 rounds.

Hard not to favor Lando even though Teymur is a great prospect and clearly improving, just a matter of where the lines open. If Teymur is as big of a dog as that Euro site has him, can't play Lando. Still too much to prove and Teymur presents a much different style than Mak or Ferg

Impressive but let's be honest it looked like that guy was completely over matched.
True but you can see that Teymur's striking is on a very high level and has been for a while. He's already one of the best strikers on the division and he's getting more and more comfortable on the feet because he's improving in other areas. He's clearly a lot better now than when he was on TUF.

Lando needs to get this on the ground unless he can land something that ends the fight on the feet, going to be hard for him to win rounds without TD's.

Overeem decision +500 on Bet365.

That line is way off to me. Placed 2u, even though I believe Hunt wins by KO.

why not wait to bet ferg after khabib hits a td or two early?

2 reasons for me.

First, I have an obligation that won't let me watch live. I'm gonna record it and watch it when I get home at like 1 am.

Second, I really wouldn't be shocked if Ferg hurts Khabib early and finishes. He's definitely capable of it.

Overeem decision +500 on Bet365.

That line is way off to me. Placed 2u, even though I believe Hunt wins by KO.

Thank the HEAVENS!

tumblr_llatanJkKU1qbnthu.gif

SMASHED it for 2U. SneakyREEM gonna pitter patter Mark Hunt.

Only two things MJ/Khabib taught us was, MJ still has no ground game so Khabib ate him up and the second thing is Khabib has no defence other than the parry and moving the head and chin right back. Conor would decimate that Khabib. Its actually frightening to see no one actually punish that outside of MJ in the most deep division of the UFC. Khabib also has trouble fighting southpaws standing, you could tell from the RDA fight when they were standing aswell as the MJ fight. Ferg mixes his stances up, which imo will further confuse Khabib. Feg surprisingly isnt that adept at controlling distance with his frame and will usually eat a punch to take one. One thing Ive noticed though is that Khabib's standup isnt even mediocre, its amateurish. The threat of the takedown increases his chances of landing uppercuts etc but he leaps in with no defence and the only defensive tactics he knows are parries and movig the head straight back.

How on earth does he have 70% striking defence? Then you see he actually hasnt faced anyone whose his stylistic nightmare or even decent outside of roided Tibau (GOAT LW gatekeeper) and RDA.

I know who to play in Conor vs Khabib matchup, but Khabib vs Ferg is a toss up and I slightly favor Ferg. At +175 or better, Imma play him.

Aldo shoulve taken this fight with Khabib, even with the size disadvantage, Khabib would look like a fish outta water.

Good post. But notice how much better Ferg was (against a top tier guy no less) at controlling distance vs RDA? Seeing fighters learn from mistakes and adapt is a big thing for me. I think Ferg learned a valuable lesson vs Vannetta.

Its either Hunt KO or Overeem decision. No way Overreem decision should even be above +2xx imo, +5xx is a steal.

Its either Hunt KO or Overeem decision. No way Overreem decision should even be above +2xx imo, +5xx is a steal.
Good chance Overeem KO's him but +500 decision is ridiculous, it's 50/50 if Overeem finishes or not. I think this will look similar to Hunt vs JDS.

Good post. But notice how much better Ferg was (against a top tier guy no less) at controlling distance vs RDA? Seeing fighters learn from mistakes and adapt is a big thing for me. I think Ferg learned a valuable lesson vs Vannetta.

Agreed, I think Ferg's power is so underestimated aswell. Many a time have we seen his opponents dazed with just the jab. Dude's wiry strong.

RDA is a strong pressure fighter and Ferg dictated the pace. Power and distance management were part of his victory. It was a stark contrast to his fight with Barboza where he didnt utilise these newfound skills in the RDA fight, and just ate one to give one. Maybe he knew Barboza was the better more technical striker and ruining his rhythm by charging forward and smashing him would win.

Good chance Overeem KO's him but +500 decision is ridiculous, it's 50/50 if Overeem finishes or not. I think this will look similar to Hunt vs JDS.

I dont think Overeem can finish Hunt. Hunt may have the best chin in MMA and at fucking heavyweight.

I haven't seen one person say they are betting Khabib? Are we all balls deep on Ferg?

I sound like a broken record but anyone that would lay -200 on any LW in the world right now vs Ferg...SMH. Conor included though I realize his speed and timing could give Ferg fits. That said, if that fight ends up happening we could see the crazy rolling leglock Ferg come back since Conor is zero threat on the mat and would avoid it like the plague vs Ferg.

But yeah Khabib at these odds? Who the F thinks there's any value in it even if you think Khabib wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back