UFC 207: Dominick Cruz vs. Cody Garbrandt PBP (Discussion)

nah. Cruz wasn't his usual self. probably went in with a torn MCL. was unusually flat-footed.

#CruzBless

<2>
Don't know if I can agree. I think Cody neutralized Dom's movement with faster hands, a few good kicks and that sneaky takedown. Dom did better when he sat down.

Damn, what a fight. Would've been even more legendary as the Main Event.

Damn what thee fuck manng, Cody freakin owned Cruz, i really dont like Cody but he was pretty respectable at the end though, i really expected Cody to just shit talk on Dom after the fight but he didnt do that at all and just gave him props, i sorta like Cody now lol and might be a fan of his

Ronda still has no way to get into the clinch other than running straight in.

Crazy.

That was an excellent fight! Cruz did well, great win for Cody and congratulations on winning the championship!

C0-1mQXW8AECusk.jpg:large

I felt like Cruz was going for a knockout, which did not work for him. I felt like if he tried to win a decision and just stay away from Cody's punches he could have done better.

I was going for Cruz to win this fight, I have not seen any of Cody's fights before and thought he was a basic fighter with KO power. Also thought Cruz was too smart for him, which he is to be honest. Although I started seeing a Cody win in the weigh ins when I saw how confident he is and I saw some nerves on Cruz. You can tell when a fighter is overconfident and when he is confident because he sees something, and Cody was the latter. So I wasn't sure about a Cruz win anymore. There was also the fact that he's a KO artist and it doesn't take a lot of shots for a fighter like that to win the fight.

Cody comes from a boxing background, this again shows that having good boxing works really well against MMA fighters, even against someone as talented as Cruz. Make no mistake though. I still see Cruz coming back and winning the belt again.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back