UFC 205 - Conor vs Alvarez - NY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weidman started training with Mark Henry after his loss to Rockhold, hopefully his boxing will look even better now.

Everyone here including me on cerrone, but do you guys like the over? The only finish I see is if Cerrone catches kelvin, but kelvin is durable. The over also covers a kelvin dec in case he wrestlefuck cerrone.

a well placed cerrone head kick can take out anyone. i would just play the ml.

pennington/mj double +1100 is definitely worth a degen stab.

I gotta play MJ, I just dont trust Khabib enough and MJ looked really good vs DP. I'm guessing his line will get better with time so I put down 0.5U but might play 0.5more if it gets better. Khabib still has to get a hold of him to get him down, and I hope MJ embraces his inner outfighter and keeps dancing around Khabib. We often talk about how much troubles Khabib has had with injuries, but I keep forgetting it means he fought one fight 2016, zero fight 2015, one fight 2014 thats a craaazy amount of time off.

My memory is vague besides that backfist, but iirc Jacare boxed with him in 2 and 3? Could be wrong, maybe he scored a td, but I don't remember him being on top of Yoel much? When someone rewatches hopefully they let us know and help refresh my memory

Souza pops him with another pair of punches before he changes levels and floors the wrestler with a double-leg takedown. Souza tries to pass to Romero’s left, gets caught in half guard and instead postures up to sock the Cuban with right hands. Romero shifts underneath and buries his head, so Souza punches his legs instead. Down to the last 90 seconds, Souza is in control on top, now flattening out Romero from half guard to score with more right hands. Referee Goddard gives a verbal warning to Romero, who’s pushing away on Souza’s face with an open hand. Souza moves to secure a crucifix in the last 10 seconds, allowing Romero to jump back to his feet and finish the fight standing.
Read more at http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/UF...ronaldo-souza-yoel-romero#QyDmjIfHk09mFLEE.99

is it weird to anyone that kennedy is -225 agaisnt rashad? dude hasn't fought since the yoel stool incident in 2014...

is it weird to anyone that kennedy is -225 agaisnt rashad? dude hasn't fought since the yoel stool incident in 2014...

Too steep and I'm saying that even in believing Rashad is prolly done.

didn't jacare take him down and ride him out?

Yeah good point but Jacare has insanely underrated TD'S and the advantage of not being too worried if there's a scramble and he ends up on bottom. Weidman obv has good TD'S too but he won't want to end up on his back so he may decide not to shoot at all.

The strategy in this fight will be pretty intriguing to be honest. By both guys.

Eddie is saying all the right things on MMA hour. I think Alvarez is doing well psychologically and Conor is not in his head at all. Skills wise I think Eddie is more well rounded and better on the ground and in the clinch. Cardio wise I think it may be close. I anticipate a closely fought decision with Eddie edging it by dominating in the clinch.

Eddie is saying all the right things on MMA hour. I think Alvarez is doing well psychologically and Conor is not in his head at all. Skills wise I think Eddie is more well rounded and better on the ground and in the clinch. Cardio wise I think it may be close. I anticipate a closely fought decision with Eddie edging it by dominating in the clinch.

yeah that's a good interview. I agree with you that eddie is handling himself pretty well. The thing i didn't agree with in this interview was him saying he had more experience than mcgregor when it comes to dealing with the magnitude that these types of fights bring. This to me just seems factually not true. Eddie has never been in fights of this magnitude, not even close. I believe him when he says he knows how to prepare for fights and he does have more fight experience overall. But when it comes to the big shows mcgregor just has more experience, fact.

So its going to be interesting how he looks when he is under those bright lights. He'll probably be fine considering he's such a veteran but I think it's still a bit of an unkown.

lol @ Eddie saying he has more experience dealing with the magnitude of these fights

What was the biggest fight of his career? Dos Anjos on Fight Pass? lol

lol @ Eddie saying he has more experience dealing with the magnitude of these fights

He had a couple big ones in Japan but yeah nothing even in this stratosphere.

On the plus side for him he'll probably get paid more in this one than in any of his others by far.

Fight Pass or not RDA fight for the title was a big deal and Eddie seemed fine. Also won title in Bellator which may seem insignificant to us but from his persoective that was huge too. I am not saying he has more xp than mcdick but he has enough xp to keep his cool.

Fight Pass or not RDA fight for the title was a big deal and Eddie seemed fine. Also won title in Bellator which may seem insignificant to us but from his persoective that was huge too. I am not saying he has more xp than mcdick but he has enough xp to keep his cool.
That was not even close to the McGregor show. He headlined a Fight Pass card days before 200 lol this is going to set the PPV record

Conor already has the highest selling PPVs. Its just laughable of him to say what he did

That was not even close to the McGregor show. He headlined a Fight Pass card days before 200 lol this is going to set the PPV record
For me eddie has enough xp that i am not worried about him fading under pressure or being a deer in headlights.
Obv the goat has had bigger fights

took some conor RD1 +325.

lol @ conor KO paying less than conor ITD.

also took a stab at twood RD1 +750.. but i dont love it.

took some conor RD1 +325.

lol @ conor KO paying less than conor ITD.

also took a stab at twood RD1 +750.. but i dont love it.

Man you're quick. I thought I had the page open as the lines were going up but all I saw was Conor RD1 +250. Passing for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back