UFC 203 - Stipe vs Overeem - Cleveland

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man taisumov + koch would have been hammered by me. Both now out ffs
Same. Still potential in Lentz dec and Dober dec (when do these guys ever finish?), if only I could find ANYTHING on McBride to make me feel better about it.....

The discussion of how much to risk on unknown/new UFC fighters has no right answer. In my experience it comes down to the personal taste of the capper. I love watching tape and trying to get an Angle on a guy before he enters the ufc but I have friends who avoid it like the plague. Both sides of the argument have merit.

But sometimes freakshow fights like this one come along, I think there is value here. There is tape on Punk, there is a whole show about it. I am not going to close my eyes to that information and wait to see him in the cage, that would be missing all the value imo.

I can find almost 0 reasons to bet Punk besides the opinions of his starstruck friends, he looks pretty bad in all footage.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/8/3...atch-30-minutes-cm-punk-sparring-training-wwe

Another thing to consider is line movement. It might be just best to wait until closer to the event. Major casual $ could possibly come in on Punk pushing Gall into -100 territory, etc

The line dictates a lot here, I agree the best idea is to wait.

Punk has almost zero chance if this hits the mat. Literally he can land something standing that hurts Gall and that is his only chance.

I am extremely confident Gall stops him, either with gnp or by sub, and probably in rd 1.

Although I agree with you, I think gall gets an u 1.5 stoppage. Got to admit we don't know much about Gall's cardio, that alone limits my enthusiasm to 2-3 units.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2016/9/3...ost-money-youve-ever-made-in-your-entire-life

lol CM Punk is the man. Might have to listen to this entire conference call to see just how bad the verbal assault Conor McPunk put on Gall was.
"Gall thinks just because he beat a bunch of tomato cans it makes him a pro"

dLfPsSw.jpg

??? Did you listen to the call and he said that?

Part of the 203 promo.

CM Punk: I respect anyone who steps in the cage.

Gall thinks just because he beat a bunch of tomato cans it makes him a pro

Part of the 203 promo.

CM Punk: I respect anyone who steps in the cage.

Gall thinks just because he beat a bunch of tomato cans it makes him a pro
Wooo CM Punk bout to show him what fighting a real pro is like

Wooo CM Punk bout to show him what fighting a real pro is like

LOL Joe I think you being a WWE fan is making it tougher for you to be objective with your posts here.

The fact that despite all that you STILL have $ on Gall tells me all I need to know though...

LOL Joe I think you being a WWE fan is making it tougher for you to be objective with your posts here.

The fact that despite all that you STILL have $ on Gall tells me all I need to know though...
As a fan I feel like I can be the most objective. How many of you guys saw the WAR that was Punk vs John Cena at Money in the Bank a few years ago?! If you did I don't think you'd doubt him as much

As a fan I feel like I can be the most objective. How many of you guys saw the WAR that was Punk vs John Cena at Money in the Bank a few years ago?! If you did I don't think you'd doubt him as much

Did not. I have seen highlight vids of him though. The guy is a good athlete. No way I could argue otherwise.

I'm on Travis Browne who's with me?

Was hoping for better odds but at HW, Brown itd maybe still has some value. Werdum at his best is much better (as we saw once before) but again, it's HW and Werdum has shown when his chin gets touched he's not sticking in there.

Did not. I have seen highlight vids of him though. The guy is a good athlete. No way I could argue otherwise.
In all seriousness, hes actually not a good athlete at all lol so confidence increase for you guys (and I guess me with the Gall KO money)

Woah, am I wrong, or is Punk's contract really for 8 fights?

Browne might have a chance against "Amazing fight IQ" Werdum

I'll never bet a Werdum fight again until after weigh in. Looked like complete shit vs JDS and got ktfo. Had a sloppy physique vs Stipe and fought like a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back