• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 203: CM Punk vs Mickey Gall PBP (Discussion)

What walkout music will he use I wonder
Cult of Personality?

No matter what happens, I don't think Phil's striking will look any worse than Pe De Pano's. Seriously, if you have FP watch Pe De Pano's UFC debut.

What does Gall do - does he go for the blitz and see how Punk reacts to being swarmed with punches or does he play it safe and try to get a read for Punk's level? Has Punk did any "heavy sparring" without any gear on? If I was Mickey I might throw a telegraphed as hell leg kick to see if Punk checks and how he reacts to bone on bone.

I don't expect it go get out of the first. Hell if it goes past two minutes I'll be surprised. I'll predict a guillotine choke finish, Punk will be getting tagged a bit with jabs and go in for a sloppy takedown attempt leaving his giraffe neck exposed.

Cult of Personality?

No matter what happens, I don't think Phil's striking will look any worse than Pe De Pano's. Seriously, if you have FP watch Pe De Pano's UFC debut.
Now if only Punk had the 4th degree BJJ blackbelt to go along with such striking.

I'm gonna go with gall via knockout 1st round. I wouldn't hate for punk to do well but I just don't see it happening.

Punk via old man strength
skinny_20fatass.0.png

Punks stand up has to look better than Meyhams vs. Bisping.

At first I was all like "fuck Phil", but now I kind of want him to win.

Im gonna laugh my ass off if hes got bombs and KO's Mickey flat.

All Gall has beat is cans. Punk is gonna show this guy what a real fighter looks like.

Does Gall have a very impressive amateur background or something?

I've seen his two Pro fights and I didn't see anything special. I've seen better quality at local shows I've been at. Not that he's poor but I'm just not sure why people are making out like he's some killer?!

I think if CM has a reasonable fighting ability I think he has a chance. He's at a good camp and I'd expect him to show up very ready. He has a chance of upsetting Gall IMO.

I bet a bunch of money on Mickey Gall.

I don't usually bet on MMA, but when I do... it's against 0-0 fighters

I'd love to see Punk win. UFC could use some more interesting characters in their talent pool. I just don't see it happening.

Fuck I just missed the CM segment for Face the Pain. What they show besides him shadow boxing?

I bet my entire bank of fake vCash on Pubk to loss. I could have bought a pretend car with it so I hope I don't waste all that cash.

I hope PUNK wins because I love upsets and underdogs. That's what I love most about MMA!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bakedboy
Back