• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 202 - McGoat vs Diaz II - Vegas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm on Cerrone here, but saying he squeaked past Gunnar and barely got past Saffedeine is so far off that it's not even funny. He beat both extremely clearly. Not a single play by play scored it for Gunnar, and most had it 50-45 or 49-46. There should have been no question in that decision, and I have no clue how a judge scored it for Gunnar. Similarly with Saffedeine, that fight wasn't close either. Literally every play by play had it for Story at 30-27. No clue again how two judges had it 29-28.

Agreed. I'm betting Cerrone because quite frankly I think he IS a borderline top 5 WW at this time (not saying he should be ranked top 5, but that there may only be 5 or so WW's that I would favor over him). But Story is no joke. He's a legit top 10 type fighter. He's had medical issues obviously, but Story has a lot of positives about his game. The two that stand out to me are A) his toughness--he's extremely durable and I think when skillsets are looked at that aspect sometimes gets overlooked and B) he fights with a very high fight IQ. He knows what he does well, knows what he doesn't, and never seems to try to be something he's not.

Story has a couple paths to victory, but Cerrone has way more than that. To me Cerrone -200 to -225 is what seems right. At -150 I think the value is all on Cowboy here. But that doesn't mean Story needs to be badmouthed. The guy is a very solid WW.

If clay guida, Joe Stevenson, Gray maynard, ben Henderson, and rda can all find ways to win dominant decisions over Diaz then I think McGregor has a shot to figure it out himself.
If a nobody manages to tap connor under a minute, I am sure Diaz can as well.

The Sherdog preview pointed out that Cerrone has struggled in the past with southpaws.

Story rips that body.

Should be a very fun fight.

bottled water being throw by Conner and Diaz team @ 0.30
Jake shields and Avila are terrible at throwing bottles

Barry's UFC 202 Free Picks

Conor Mcregor -110 (Triple Unit Bet)
Teixeria Glover by KO, TKO or DQ +800 (Flier Bet)
Rick Story ML +140
Chris Avila ML -106
Cortney Casey ML +120

This is my finalized card. Been doing a ton of research on the main event and I stumbled upon some huuuuuuuuuuuuuge x-factors pointing to a Mcregor win. I'll say this: his line is undervalued until around -150 to -170 range trust me on this! As for the other fights, I see value from the tape I watched and other variables. I suggest if you want to make some easy $$$ then get on these picks because this is a limited time offer. Yes, I know I sound like a QVC infomercial, but I cannot stress this point anymore clearly. Any other Joe Schmo would have to subscribe to my service to access these highly valuable picks, but I like to throw a bone to the sherdog betting community once in a blue moon.

Not that you need to be reminded if ya'll appreciate the efforts I go through to provide you with this classified information click that like button. Remember, every 50 to 100 likes unlocks free picks from yours truly.

Cheers :]

- Barry

Conner says he flew in proper sparring partners this time for Artem and he had a much better camp this time so artem is looking much better.

and I stumbled upon some huuuuuuuuuuuuuge x-factors pointing to a Mcregor win

there are no such ''factors'' that have an anchoring in reality, you should start a blog if you wanna write fanfiction and use hyberbole. the ''x-factors'' are that either he fights like a entirely different fighter then he's ever done in his career or he throws everything and the kitchen sink again and hope for a better result.

those are his two ways to victory. because that's what the particular styles in question dictate.

in short? sccccchh! barry.

The Sherdog preview pointed out that Cerrone has struggled in the past with southpaws.

Story rips that body.

Should be a very fun fight.
Most of fighters struggle with southpaws, he struggled with championship level southpaws.His body may be more durable in WW and he was knocked out after powerful body kicks, which are more powerful than punches.

I think Story's fight with Gunnar was just a single good performance against fighter who is better now

pff Diaz and CoMag entertain the public . They agree in advance or what?

Nate will be way sharper this time

I will cut his skin and the ref will stop the fight, in 2 rounds

Cerrone says Conor is in trouble

I was dominated until my tank was gone, as long as my tank is there I'm very confident going in, I am very confident with my BJJ, backed up with a tank, I've been in camp for a very long time but I can afford it

I don't see weaknesses in Glover, whenever I throw punches I hold my breath, so yeah I'm working on my cardio

I think Story's fight with Gunnar was just a single good performance against fighter who is better now

Story gets undervalued quite a bit. He was very clearly undervalued against Saffediene at near even odds in a fight he controlled throughout. He was a big underdog to Gunnar and looked like he should have been the favorite. He looked like he should have been -500 against Ebersole.

I think people chalk up some of his wins to luck or something, but I don't think it's that. He just presented a very tough matchup for Gunnar. It's one thing to get a win, but he dominated for the bulk of 25 minutes.

Anyone think AJ is a good play at current odds? Glover was getting outboxed by Bader before Bader got finished, and I don't think he has the takedowns to get AJ to the floor. Rumbles power is quite terrifying.

Think him, Magny + Diaz are my current strong leans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back