UFC 201: Rose Namajunas vs. Karolina Kowalkiewicz PBP (Discussion)

The numbers are strange. Probably would be clearer to put height in feet and inches and measure arm and leg reach the same way. Either measure one arm if you measure one leg or measure the full inseam if you measure the wingspan. And you probably want to put a dash or line if you don't have a measurement instead of 0 inches.

But whatever.

Gonna go with Thug Rose on this one. I like her style, she's dangerous from all manner of positions, tough and she has the potential to be a formidable rival to Joanna Jerdze.... Joanna Champion (haha)

Also, she quite cute by female fighter standards, which certainly doesn't hurt : )

KAROLINA all the way

cant wait for the weigh in

fap-now-robo.gif

War Karolina! Can't wait to see this fight, KK via UD ...

I think Rose would surprise a lot of people.
Against JJ? Highly unlikely. JJ would tear her apart standing, and is far from easy to takedown, and even more difficult to keep her there.

Against JJ? Highly unlikely. JJ would tear her apart standing, and is far from easy to takedown, and even more difficult to keep her there.

Meh, JJ has looked good in her last two fights but she has also looked beatable, I think Rose would give her a fight for sure.

Meh, JJ has looked good in her last two fights but she has also looked beatable, I think Rose would give her a fight for sure.
Big difference fighting someone of Val and Gadelha's size and style, vs fighting someone Rose's size and style. Rose doesn't have the poer of Gadelha, nor does she have the technical striking to keep up with JJ on the feet. The rest, I mentioned last post.

Big difference fighting someone of Val and Gadelha's size and style, vs fighting someone Rose's size and style. Rose doesn't have the poer of Gadelha, nor does she have the technical striking to keep up with JJ on the feet. The rest, I mentioned last post.

I think Rose is better than Val and Gadelha tbh, but I guess we can just agree to disagree. Not saying Rose would win for sure, but she definitely has a good chance of pulling off the upset.

Yeah, I do not see Rose getting it done anytime soon, either.

Rose thinks she has superior technique to Karolina anywhere the fight can go. I think she may be right and that her only vulnerability is one of mind/emotions. Her coach seems to have figured this out and taken appropriate steps to keep Rose's mind/emotions in a good place. I think that's going to be very unfortunate for Karolina.

I pick Rose to win.

As soon as Kowalkiewicz punches Namajunas in the mouth (and she will,) Rose will be shook. I don't think she will do well if she's getting boxed up. Her chance will be if she can break KK's TDD. Anything on the feet will go to KK, but Rose might be able to put something together on the ground. I just hope it's a back and forth battle for three rounds. No finish necessary. I hope Rose fights aggressively. I was hoping for a lot more from her in her rematch with Torres. KK's strikes are for real.

Joanna is definitely beatable .. every fighter is beatable, but as of today I think Rose would only have a hail Mary sub's chance at beating her. We've never even seen Rose really get hit clean and hard, so tomorrow will answer some questions about how well she can take a punch as I suspect she will be eating some Polish punches at close range. :)

I honestly think that Karolina would give Joanna the better fight. I think that match up could very well look like the SW version of Lawler vs MacDonald. Both are high volume strikers with no quit in them and KK appears to have good cardio ... I think it would be a blood bath.

Joanna is definitely beatable .. every fighter is beatable, but as of today I think Rose would only have a hail Mary sub's chance at beating her. We've never even seen Rose really get hit clean and hard, so tomorrow will answer some questions about how well she can take a punch as I suspect she will be eating some Polish punches at close range. :)

I honestly think that Karolina would give Joanna the better fight. I think that match up could very well look like the SW version of Lawler vs MacDonald. Both are high volume strikers with no quit in them and KK appears to have good cardio ... I think it would be a blood bath.

Yeah, but I see KK doing most of the bleeding. JJ cuts the ring/cage well enough to catch KK sooner or later, probably sooner. And KK has her hands down far too much to suit me.

I have KK by decision in this fight. And if Rose is lucky, that's what will happen.

There is no way she is ready for Joanna. She needs more time.

I'm expecting a tough fight. I'm rooting for Karolina of course, but Rose has polished up some of her skills nicely and she is still unpredictable as fuck.

Joanna: "Rose is very talented, but I think she's not strong mentally at all. So Karolina can win this fight if she put the right pressure."

Back