• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

UFC 198 - Curitiba - Werdum vs Miocic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Personally don't care for it, but I'd take not Werdum NOT itd at -131 before that. Just for the SC security lol. Not on either, tho.

Might just pay the extra juice and go not Werdum itd at -131?

Edit: LOL Jae and I thinking similar^^^^^

good point

i isn't for me, anyway.. just spitballing, suggesting a line people might like.. you're both correct, that is better, probably

i'm just on the O2.0 rounds atm, but i'm probably gonna be betting werdum straight (if he looks ok at weigh-ins)

good point

i isn't for me, anyway.. just spitballing, suggesting a line people might like.. you're both correct, that is better, probably

i'm just on the O2.0 rounds atm, but i'm probably gonna be betting werdum straight (if he looks ok at weigh-ins)
Exactly what I plan on doing

Man I was so confident in Werdum but watching tape on Stipe he's really stylistically the type of guy to give Werdum problems. A lot of people have brought it up here and they are right. He's athletic and moves better than most HW's. That's key for avoiding the clinch. He boxes well and has a good wrestling base to keep the fight standing.

Werdum is the better all around fighter and should win but I do think the saying "styles make fights" has at least some validity in MMA. And Stipe is THE style to give Werdum problems.

i really think that Uriah Hall is going to murder Silva. I also think that this could be the last time he ever fights.

i really think that Uriah Hall is going to murder Silva. I also think that this could be the last time he ever fights.

you concerned that hall might be a bit gunshy, tho? he's done it before multiple times, giving rounds/fights away

you concerned that hall might be a bit gunshy, tho? he's done it before multiple times, giving rounds/fights away

Yep. But to be honest, literally EVERYTHING about betting this fight concerns me LOL.

Hall is absolutely 100% THE hardest guy to cap. Ultra talented striker with okay tdd but who has inexplicable long periods of inactivity. And Silva can be the same way sometimes!

So then I start thinking well shit, this very well could be a boring staring contest for 15 minutes. Over 2.5 looks good and Hall dec at +390. And then I remember the finishing ability both guys have and how Silva was rocked by pillow fisted Bisping.

So basically...hell...I don't know???!!!

I have a little on Hall dec +390 for now. I'll probably bet something else, but maybe not if I can't figure out what!

Man, I don't know how accurate this Brazilian translation is for the Countdown show, but Jacare saying Rockhold unjustly took the Strikeforce belt in their fight is laughable. I remember that fight, and remember Rockhold clearly winning.

Yep. But to be honest, literally EVERYTHING about betting this fight concerns me LOL.

Hall is absolutely 100% THE hardest guy to cap. Ultra talented striker with okay tdd but who has inexplicable long periods of inactivity. And Silva can be the same way sometimes!

So then I start thinking well shit, this very well could be a boring staring contest for 15 minutes. Over 2.5 looks good and Hall dec at +390. And then I remember the finishing ability both guys have and how Silva was rocked by pillow fisted Bisping.

I have a little on Hall dec +390 for now. I'll probably bet something else, but maybe not if I can't figure out what!
Agree, hate this fight so much for betting lol. Think Jae had the best call with Hall No Scorecards. Like that a lot considering Anderson, even in his prime, KOd guys who would lead or in Belforts case took a moment to stand still getting caught up in the mindfuck of Silva. I expect Hall to at the very least be on his bike all fight. Hes never really flat footed. Couple that with, like you said, possibility he does a lot of staring at Silva looking to counter something and I really like the play.

Man, I don't know how accurate this Brazilian translation is for the Countdown show, but Jacare saying Rockhold unjustly took the Strikeforce belt in their fight is laughable. I remember that fight, and remember Rockhold clearly winning.

Agree, hate this fight so much for betting lol. Think Jae had the best call with Hall No Scorecards. Like that a lot considering Anderson, even in his prime, KOd guys who would lead or in Belforts case took a moment to stand still getting caught up in the mindfuck of Silva. I expect Hall to at the very least be on his bike all fight. Hes never really flat footed. Couple that with, like you said, possibility he does a lot of staring at Silva looking to counter something and I really like the play.

Good call I forgot I did add Hall no cards at +102 in one parlay with Maia.

And yes Rockhold 100% beat Jacare. It was competitive but Luke won a glorified kickboxing match.

Doesn't Hall admire Anderson? I could be confused but a guy with a history of not pulling the trigger meets his idol..... who is mainly in there to dick around and bait and counter overaggressive fighters. This could possibly lead to an ol' fashioned staring contest.

Doesn't Hall admire Anderson? I could be confused but a guy with a history of not pulling the trigger meets his idol..... who is mainly in there to dick around and bait and counter overaggressive fighters. This could possibly lead to an ol' fashioned staring contest.
Was just gonna say this

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    482.7 KB · Views: 12
Anderson Silva vs. Uriah Hall is similar to the tine I met Rick, the content provider at Backroom Casting Couch, in 2014.

He was cool for the most part, but then he said something ignorant and I wanted to smack him. However, after remembering all of his greatest achievements he had over the years -- such as the infamous blonde French girl in his second office, the redheaded painal chick, and the hot ASU coed -- all I could do is smile, give him high-fives, and laugh whenever he said or did something he thought was cool. Moreover, not for one second did I ever think about harming this man, as it'd essentially be like harming that cool uncle whom you always aspired to be like as a young boy.

I think Hall will probably start Round 1 with a bunch of flashy kicks like he usually does in most of his fights, but he'll use more of them, since he is fighting his idol after all. Also, he will seem more fake in this fight, in that he always tries to embody the Tekken characters he sees in video games, and since he's fighting a guy who also has similar "Tekken movements," he'll try to "out-Tekken" the Master. Furthermore, if Hall can't land a flashy kick and KO/TKO Silva, expect the latter to win a decision in his hometown of Curitiba. Hall could land one of his big overhand punches, which would definitely knock Silva out, but his punching accuracy isn't that great, and I expect him to use mostly kicks in this fight.

as others said, it's gonna be hard for him to win that decision in curitiba, imo

Does anyone know why Moicano has been injured for so long? I'm getting ready to place a bet on him.

Not sure how bad the injury was but it was a knee injury.

@Sadistics
why so huge on anderson?

He's really impressed me in all but his last fight with Lawlor. Much bigger, younger, and his wrestling ability can win him rounds if it comes down to it. Also a big fade on Shogun.

I really am not usually apart of the discussions on here, but I probably should be. I've been a huge procrastinator regarding MMA betting. Especially in the past year. But I'm making a lot of life changes and I think I'm going to start posting here more, perhaps.

I'll try to do some heavy research all this week on this weekends cards (Bellator and UFC) and give my thoughts.

I do think A Silva is going to lose, and possibly by KO. That's just a gut feeling though, but I have to look at the tape.

Not sure about the font discussion, few people mentioning he is the real deal coming in but quick glance at fonts last few guys sub par ufc calibar competition, roop being his best win lately and fight really and that guy could be 0-3 and exiting ufc next, linekers granite stubborn chin and swinging heavy fast punches will push anyone back for good.

In terms of pure technique his last opponent was a very good striker, better than Lineker... but of course wasn't close in terms of chin or experience. If the fight was in America I'd definitely take Font at the current line, but it's going to be tough for him to win a decision in Brazil, especially against a brawler, and also tough to finish. It should be close, though.

Something to consider with the Cummings fight, he has not shown his td capabilities against a southpaw since being in the UFC. The only southpaw he has faced I believe was OSP, and that takedown he got was because he caught OSP off balance during a kick if I am not mistaken. It was not a clean set up and I do not see Nog throwing very many kicks

Cummings seems to mostly shoot blast doubles which will not be there against a southpaw. He more than likely have to be depending on a single leg that is out in the open unless he presses Nog to the cage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back