UFC 183 PPV buys

robjenkins2

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
How many buys can/will this card do? Sounds like UFC 182 did north of 800K, can this card match or surpass it? Any chance it does a million?

Really doubt it will do a million. But people have been starved for Anderson Silva.

There is little to none promotion for this card... I think it will do around 450k.

UFC needs to hype the crap out of this one. So far they are doing nothing.

Second card of the month after a big Jones/DC card. No beef between them. But its SB card which usually does well, its a fun matchup and Silva and Diaz are returning.

Wont do a million or 800k but I think it can do 600k, maybe 600-700k.

I really doubt it does that much. I think it'll do a healthy amount. I just don't think Silva or Diaz will really talk shit or really do anything extra to promote it.

It'll hit 500k for sure but I'm not so sure it hits much more then that.

My guess would be 600k to 700k at most. They do have a Fox card that's pretty good the week before it so that may help it a lot.

There is little to none promotion for this card... I think it will do around 450k.

And it's stupid. The greatest of all time returning from the worst injury in Octagon history is an easy sell. Instead, ConorConorConorConorConorConorConorConor...

The only thing they've done so far is that awful itsy bitsy spider promo.

This fight deserves better!

Just cause Dana said it is more than 750 does not make it so. I would be surprised if it did 500k. UFC has made a lot of decisions in the past year that turn a lot of people off of mma. There was a slight illusion that they were turning it into a legitimate sport, but with the ass-backwards decisions they have made and continue to make, lets everyone know this is just for entertainment purposes, and there is no reason for the things they do. Dana basically said he signed CM punk because he is his friend and wants to give him a shot.

And it's stupid. The greatest of all time returning from the worst injury in Octagon history is an easy sell. Instead, ConorConorConorConorConorConorConorConor...
They'll be promoting this on the McGregor card and the Fox show which will have a lot of people watching.

That is when the heavy promotion will start.

They'll probably ramp up the Hype train after the McGregor fight. They're probably just focusing the money there because it's next up. I expect 183 to do good numbers with all the Brazilian buys. I don't think it will sell as well as 182 though. People were a lot more psyched for that one due to the back story and wanting to see a dominant Champion toppled.

They kind of need to do that though. Silva vs Diaz will sell on the back of being Silva vs Diaz where as a young unknown needs that big push.

If it breaks 500K, I think they'll be satisfied.

Anderson didn't pull that on average when he was on top.

He's been gone over a year and coming off a horrific injury. I think the intrigue alone to see how he looks along with cult favorite Nick Diaz returning is enough for this card to do a huge buy rate.

I think it does at best 600K

The fight should be awesome though and I'm really looking forward to it.

This card will NOT beat UFC 182. But its not because interest in the card isnt high. THe main reason would be 3 big previous fight cards in the same month.

Jones-Cormier has been a fight thats has had major hype since August. That was supposed to be the big card of the fall, but the injury pushed the fight back. Many people who shelled $60 for that might not also do it for a significantly less intriguing (though still interesting) card.

UFC 182's main event will hurt. When the fight was announced I was thinking around 800k buys. Now I would guess 600-650k. Still big.

It doesnt help that Connor is fighting in Boston and then Gus in Sweden

You can guaran fucking tee I'm going to be buying that PPV.

Back