UFC 183 PPV buys

This card will NOT beat UFC 182. But its not because interest in the card isnt high. THe main reason would be 3 big previous fight cards in the same month.

Jones-Cormier has been a fight thats has had major hype since August. That was supposed to be the big card of the fall, but the injury pushed the fight back. Many people who shelled $60 for that might not also do it for a significantly less intriguing (though still interesting) card.

UFC 182's main event will hurt. When the fight was announced I was thinking around 800k buys. Now I would guess 600-650k. Still big.

It doesnt help that Connor is fighting in Boston and then Gus in Sweden

And 150 bucks in two months is probably a lot so if a fan is paying for a PPV, why would you buy 183 when 184 is better?

375k-450k, I sure as heck ain't pulling that trigger though. $60 for a 40 year old declining fighter vs a fighter who hasn't won since 2011 and is absolute irrelevant at 185, the division/weight they are fighting at. This will be embarrassing one way or another. Either Diaz gets knocked out in one of the first 2 rounds or Diaz slaps Silva around for 5 rounds. I wouldn't be surprised if Diaz wobbled Silva a few times, his chin is gone. Remember that weird clinch punch from Weidman in the second fight? Silva went schleep then woke up when his head hit the ground.

Cant imagine an Anderson Silva card doing under 500k on Super Bowl weekend, regardless of promotion

I expect the promotion to ramp up considerably the next few weeks and Diaz to say something stupid to help... I would guess 650-750k

If I wasn't a hardcore mma fan I really wouldn't know about this fight. I think ufc blew its load on ufc 182, this fight is getting no advertising

Even with low promotion this will probably sell 400k-, and that's massive in todays climate. Most ppv's nowadays sell like 200 k.

I think it will at the very least match 182, possibly surpass it as it is in my opinion even more stacked. I'll be buying it.

It might surpass 182. Silva vs. Diaz is a HUGE draw for a lot of reasons, plus the overall card is better.

as others have pointed out, I assume that the UFC is going to ramp up the promotion during the FOX card this weekend.

Silva always needed an enticing B side to draw big PPV numbers (e.g. second fight with Sonnen, first fight with Vitor, etc.).

Hard to say whether Diaz is that guy or not. He definitely seemed to give the fight with GSP a boost. On the other hand, he has never drawn big numbers on his own.

all that is to say... I have no idea. I'd guess around 500K which I think would be a good number.

I am probably biased because I am not very interested in the fight. on the other hand, I think that the overall card is excellent, including the prelims.

I'd say around 200-250k

10x that will stream it.

Anderson Silva vs Stephan Bonnar did 410,000 buys on short notice with pretty much nothing else. This one has to do more than that

Second card of the month after a big Jones/DC card. No beef between them. But its SB card which usually does well, its a fun matchup and Silva and Diaz are returning.

Actually the past three SB cards have NOT done well.

Back