UFC 159 tickets go on sale next monday, and only the main event has been announced!

Edgar Friendly

Taco Bell Heist Champion
@purple
Reaction score
The pre-sale for UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen, goes on sale next Monday at 10 am, and as of right now there are NO fights on the card except for the main event. I don't usually attend events, does this happen alot?

And just for fun, what are some fights you think are going to be on that card?

I would love to see Cormier vs. Mir as the co-main event.

Yes, it happens quite often. The UFC wants to see how many sales they can get strictly off of the main event. How many sales they make in the early stages will have a large influence on what other high profile fighters they put on that card.

Any event with Jones on it, the undercard will be crap because they rely on only the main event to sell the card. Which is why they had to cancel UFC 151 because the undercard sucked on paper.

Any event with Jones on it, the undercard will be crap because they rely on only the main event to sell the card. Which is why they had to cancel UFC 151 because the undercard sucked on paper.
But do you think they would make the same mistake twice?

I think Cormier vs Mir is being booked for the FOX card in April? Whatever they decide to do for the rest of the card, let's hope they won't repeat the kind of fight booking they did for 151.

I think Cormier vs Mir is being booked for the FOX card in April?
Yeah, I heard that too. But I don't think that is set in stone yet, I'm hoping they shift that to the PPV. Anything could happen.

Whatever they decide to do for the rest of the card, let's hope they won't repeat the kind of fight booking they did for 151.

Me too, especially since I'm buying 6 tickets, and I have to stay at a hotel.

Yes, it happens quite often. The UFC wants to see how many sales they can get strictly off of the main event. How many sales they make in the early stages will have a large influence on what other high profile fighters they put on that card.
In that case, I hope it sells out fast.

Since it's taking place in New Jersey, they'll probably put some local guys on the card - probably at least one Miller brother, someone from Serra/Longo team (they're from Long Island, but since MMA isn't sanctioned in NY, it's the closest they get to fighting in their home state), someone from Frankie's team (maybe Alvarez? That would be cool).

Since it's taking place in New Jersey, they'll probably put some local guys on the card - probably at least one Miller brother, someone from Serra/Longo team (they're from Long Island, but since MMA isn't sanctioned in NY, it's the closest they get to fighting in their home state), someone from Frankie's team (maybe Alvarez? That would be cool).
Jim Miller vs. Alvarez for #1 contender shot would be an awesome fight.

But do you think they would make the same mistake twice?

I honestly do think they'll make the same mistake twice. Jones won't fuck the UFC over again, they'll cut him regardless of his talent and he knows it. His character and popularity has taken a beating the last year. All of the cards that Jones has headlined since winning the title have been this way except for UFC 140, which is very weird considering Canada usually gets watered down cards with GSP on them. UFC 135 had Hughes vs Koscheck as the co-main, 145 had Rory vs Che Mills as the co-main, 151 before it was canceled has Heiron vs Ellenberger. 152 doesn't count because they just shoved him on another good card that they had stacked so people would watch flyweights.

I honestly do think they'll make the same mistake twice. Jones won't fuck the UFC over again, they'll cut him regardless of his talent and he knows it. His character and popularity has taken a beating the last year. All of the cards that Jones has headlined since winning the title have been this way except for UFC 140, which is very weird considering Canada usually gets watered down cards with GSP on them. UFC 135 had Hughes vs Koscheck as the co-main, 145 had Rory vs Che Mills as the co-main, 151 before it was canceled has Heiron vs Ellenberger. 152 doesn't count because they just shoved him on another good card that they had stacked so people would watch flyweights.
Well, you make a very good point, but I hope you're wrong.

Well, you make a very good point, but I hope you're wrong.

I do as well, good sir. I hope you get a quality card to attend. I would say Jim Miller will fight there for sure unless he's injured. He's from Jersey and always puts on a great show. Edgar may have a quick turnaround too if he comes out against Aldo unscathed (or if he's knocked out in a minute or so). Weidman is from NY, he may return for this card as well.

It has potential, I hope you get a good one!

I do as well, good sir. I hope you get a quality card to attend. I would say Jim Miller will fight there for sure unless he's injured. He's from Jersey and always puts on a great show. Edgar may have a quick turnaround too if he comes out against Aldo unscathed (or if he's knocked out in a minute or so). Weidman is from NY, he may return for this card as well.

It has potential, I hope you get a good one!
Thank you. The last card I went to was Battle on the Bayou: Shields vs Ellenberger, and even though I won the trip, it was a horrible card. So I hope it turns out to be an epic card.

im from new york i think this whole card will be great since strikeforce just had there last show the poss of getting sum of fighters like jacare and gegard on ufc 159 is def poss and i look forward to seeing what there gonna do to this card i went to ufc 133 in philly and ufc on fox 5 cant wait for this card too

I sure wish they would do an event in Michigan again soon.

Back