UFC 158 Fight Card: Dana White: 'Nick Diaz Does Not Return My Calls, My Texts'

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by BreakingBad, Jan 6, 2013.

1. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Blue Belt

I have not seen this mentioned on here, so here it is.

According to Matt Saccaro of Bleacher Report:

Nick Diaz hasn't spoken to Dana White regarding UFC 158, even declining to answer his boss' calls and texts.

"Nick Diaz doesn't return my calls, my texts, nothing," the UFC president told Middle Easy. "You don't have to call me, you don't have to text me, but you do have to show up to the press conference," he said.

Sadly, this kind of behavior isn't new.

Diaz was scheduled to face UFC welterweight champ Georges St-Pierre at UFC 137, but he no-showed two press conferences for the event. It was Diaz's disappearance at the second presser in Las Vegas that earned the ire of Dana White.

It was a conundrum. Diaz's manager, Cesar Gracie, even called White during the press conference. Meanwhile, Nick Diaz released a bizarre YouTube video of himself driving around and muttering.

White ultimately took Diaz's title shot away and awarded it to Carlos Condit.

However, St-Pierre ended up injuring his knee and was unable to fight. Instead, Diaz was given a fight against BJ Penn and promoted to the main event.

Hopefully, White's recent words on Diaz aren't prophetic of yet another ditched press conference.

"I would be blown away if he did it twice. It just wouldn't be a good move," White said regarding Diaz no-showing UFC 158 media obligations.

"[Diaz] isn't a fan of the pre-fight promotion, but you have to do it. You have to do it. Whether you're Nick Diaz or Anderson Silva, whoever you are, it's in your contract," he said.

If Diaz again decides to leave members of the press gawking at his empty chair, White won't pull any punches.

"You can actually be cut. We can cut you for that," said White. "I proved that you will be punished if you don't show up to those things, if you don't do it. You either won't fight the big fight that you were supposed to fight or you'll be cut."

Nick Diaz simply must attend his media obligations this time around. The fate of a highly anticipated fight (as well as a big payday for the UFC) is resting on his shoulders.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...e-nick-diaz-does-not-return-my-calls-my-texts

Last edited: Jan 6, 2013
  2. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

Hendricks will be ready to go if Diaz isn't.

3. HydralisK

HydralisK Surrounded By Ahos Double Yellow Card

BleacherReport /thread

Why the hell would Dana be contacting Diaz in January?

Sounds like made up bullshit to me. I'd like to see a reliable source, from a reliable mma news outlet.

4. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

I wonder if GSP would beg Dana to keep the Diaz fight on even if Diaz no shows his media obligations? It's an easier fight and bigger pay day for him!

5. akutz1

akutz1 ¯\_(--)_/¯

There was a big ass thread on this and everyone in there was making a big ass deal over this
    Dana isnt worried but once again Sherdoggers start screaming like Chicken Little

6. eldudearrino

eldudearrino White Belt

you havent seen this posted yet? really? its been in about 10 different threads since dana said it several weeks ago.

and bleacher report articles are a joke.

7. DontBeScared209

DontBeScared209 Purple Belt

i am more shocked breakingbad was not taken as a username

8. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Blue Belt

Sorry if this is a repost.

9. SL9

SL9 Believe

The rightful contender at WW is on standby should Diaz run off again...

10. kimocomplex

kimocomplex Red Belt

no big deal really

11. Fight Gone Bad

Fight Gone Bad Brown Belt

Hendricks went to the 209 knocking out people til he found Diaz and put him to sleep.:icon_chee

12. Silverstar17

Silverstar17 Red Belt

Wow if that is true and Diaz really blows it again then he deserves to be cut. He is gifted the title shot and it would be like spitting everyone in the face especially Hendricks. He wants a big payday so I can

13. Pastor Trimm

Pastor Trimm Dimitri's Messenger Banned

Fight happens either way. It'll be all intense. Won't hear from Diaz til 3 days before the fight. GSP will beg Dana to keep it on, saying Nick called Georges at his home and told em to just show up, that's all Nick wanted. Have it all WWE fuckin style. Come night of the weigh ins, Diaz is a no show, so Nate runs out all beefed up. The little brother than proceeds to take a furious thrashing at the hands of Rush! Somewhere, in the stadium, a shot of Nick on the titantron, as Nate is bleeding out, a tear falls from his cheek... as hw whispers..... "Don't be scared homie..... Don't be scared....."

14. wellsdj1

wellsdj1 Red Belt

15. beastlightnbs

beastlightnbs Brown Belt

Are we going to see some tears?

Anyway, if you watch the video, Dana doesn't seem too worried about it. If I remember right he said that Nate told him that's just Nick.

Not that big of a deal.

16. BreakingBad

BreakingBad Blue Belt

This is the best post I've seen on here in a long time.

17. Unbreakabull

Unbreakabull Brown Belt

Well Dana, maybe he's just not that in to you.

18. Pastor Trimm

Pastor Trimm Dimitri's Messenger Banned

I'm glad someone appreciated it. I was all stoned typingit laughing my ass off.

19. BGDDYKWL

BGDDYKWL Black Belt

What else is new. The guy is disrespectful, plain and simple. When people came down on him for missing the press conference you had all these people come to his defense saying he has really bad anxiety, and it's not his fault. His anxiety make him unable to respond to texts too? The guy doesn't like following the rules, and I can't wait for GSP to just completely dominate him.

20. O H

O H Purple Belt

Pretty sure he doesn't like Dana.

Also, the very next words after that were 'he doesn't have to'. So, misleading thread title.