Tysons workout regime pre-1988

HBB said:
I read a book about him, "With bad Intentions", it claimed that he was stronger then most grown ups at age 13. Doing like 200 in bench, so he had som ok genetics...

Hey i just turned 15 i can bench 205, it makes me feel good.

running with weight to prevent growing is brutal.

those numbers are insane, if they are true he just overworked himself, genetics or not, numbers that high are pointless.

Spoonman7 said:
those numbers are insane, if they are true he just overworked himself, genetics or not, numbers that high are pointless.

Exactly, if this is the case he is the equivilant of the american bruce lee.

yomon said:
Exactly, if this is the case he is the equivilant of the american bruce lee.

Bruce Lee was American. He was born in California.

bruce lee was not american he was CHINESE!!! when was the last time you saw a chinese president??

just kidding guys

Wolverine said:
Not sure if he really did or not, but this sounds like Winstrol (stanozolol). Winstrol makes you strong as hell but without really volumizing your muscles.

Wolverine
///

There's also an agent that is even more potent for this purpose- Halotestin- that many powerlifters use.

Winstrol is a favorite among athletes; this is what got Ben Johnson nailed in 1988.

randomg1t said:
running with weight to prevent growing is brutal.

I've never heard of any boxing coach try to keep his fighters shorter. Your DNA is a mine and length is gold; whether or not you have it is up to nature, but everybody wants it.

Madmick said:
I've never heard of any boxing coach try to keep his fighters shorter. Your DNA is a mine and length is gold; whether or not you have it is up to nature, but everybody wants it.

I just realized how bad this analogy sucks.

Don't judge me.

Boondocksaint said:
http://s51.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=11J5N1RX0J7XO2KAXZE97FAUKN

here is a little trip down memory lane......

rehost plz.

He used to duck hooks and slip jabs in slow motion. That's what he lost, not his power. He can't evade like he used to, that's why he lost to the Irish can. It used to be guys just couldn't hit him unless he was setting them up to hit them back a whole lot harder.

Madmick, Ben Johnson was framed. I don't wanna start a whole convo about this and hijack a thread but check out the book "Speed trap" (I think thats the name) by Ben Johnsons coach. Everybody should read it. Its a great book about athletes and drugs and what happened to ben.

In relation to Ben, he had pure stanzanol in his urine which is impossible (It gets broken down into something else). Plus he didn't like winstrol (he used it only once in a while, it made him stiff) and he knew exactly how long it would take to get out of his system. He didn't take it anywhere near the testing date. He never claimed not to juice, but he didn't take what he tested positive for, hence someone framed him.

What a thread, from Tyson to Bruce Lee to Ben Johnson

Well might as well my 2 cents...

Mike Tyson was in the truest sense of the word a boxing prodigy. At 13 he was over 200 lbs with sub 10% bodyfat. He could have lifted nothing but pillows for his entire life and he still would be built like a shit brick house. One of the main problems with Mike is that around 88-89 he stopped doing most of the cardio work and started to just rely on his power.

Bruce Lee was born in the US. San Francisco to be exact. In fact his name in Chinese (Lee Jun-Fan means "Invigorate San Francisco", the nurses at the hospital where he was born gave him the name Bruce.

Ben Johnson was indeed framed. The IOC and everyone else knew he was juicing, but so were over 90% of the track and field athletes in Barcelona. Like Rjkd said, he didn't take what he tested positive for though.

Oh yeah, Rickson by armbar.....

Rjkd12 said:
Madmick, Ben Johnson was framed. I don't wanna start a whole convo about this and hijack a thread but check out the book "Speed trap" (I think thats the name) by Ben Johnsons coach. Everybody should read it. Its a great book about athletes and drugs and what happened to ben.

In relation to Ben, he had pure stanzanol in his urine which is impossible (It gets broken down into something else). Plus he didn't like winstrol (he used it only once in a while, it made him stiff) and he knew exactly how long it would take to get out of his system. He didn't take it anywhere near the testing date. He never claimed not to juice, but he didn't take what he tested positive for, hence someone framed him.

I stand corrected. He was a favorite scapegoat in many of the books I read researching my organic chemistry paper. I never came across any information on the scam. I know it's happened to other athletes.

joe broadway said:
i agree rickson by armbar (flying)

I don't even know what this means, anymore.

nudge119 said:
Ben Johnson was indeed framed. The IOC and everyone else knew he was juicing, but so were over 90% of the track and field athletes in Barcelona. Like Rjkd said, he didn't take what he tested positive for though.

barcelona? huh? no one can tell for sure what happened in 1988, though its obvious that the test is bogus. like mentioned before, its impossible for pure stanzonol to be found in urine. not only that, but mr. francis has been very exact about his drugs protocols, they did not even use stanzonol. it since come to light that 6 out of the 8 finalists in seoul tested positive for a banned substance at some point in their career, including carl lewis and linford christie.

Back