Tyrone Spong somehow lost a kickboxing match by slam ko

MMA_enthusiast

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
So i was doing some fighter research and came across a well touted prospect in tyrone spong. Checked his wiki bio and came across his kickboxing record. Apparently he lost a match with Amir Zeyada by slam. Thought someone trolled the wiki because you know how the fuck do you lose a match in kickboxing by slam.

Came across the fight and yeah it seems you can win by slam. It looks like more a trip that tyrone initiated himself but fell as Amir pulled him down.

HESPECT

It reminded of that Gray maynard match.
gray-maynard_rob-emerson.gif~c200

So you can get slammed KO in kickboxing

Es Normal
InnocentAmazingCopperbutterfly.webp

Too bad Tyrone Spong never got into MMA as much as some other kickboxers. Looks like hes been trying harder to get into boxing recently. Wish he'd fight more often. Dude's a legend in kickboxing.

What a shame he hasn't been more active in combat sports. No denying his talents

Is Spong still fighting? I had high hopes for him after his couple MMA fights but then he broke his leg and has seemed to have disappeared. Spong vs Saki in the UFC make it happen you fucking Red Goof.

Is Spong still fighting? I had high hopes for him after his couple MMA fights but then he broke his leg and has seemed to have disappeared. Spong vs Saki in the UFC make it happen you fucking Red Goof.
doing boxing now

Slam KOs are more satisfying than a simple punch KO. Too bad we don’t see them anymore.

just checked his record, wasnt aware he has a wbc and wbo regional belt - or whatever they care called

hes the wbo and wbc latino heavyweight champ

he got manhandled by khabib manager

What a shame he hasn't been more active in combat sports. No denying his talents
Spong is boxing now, he's 12 - 0 with 12 KOs
Last fought in August, he's up to 10 round fights but hasn't gone beyond 5 yet.

I am shocked by how skinny he was.. must have been like 14 or something.

He snapped his shin so I doubt he really wants to kick that much anymore

Spong is boxing now, he's 12 - 0 with 12 KOs
Last fought in August, he's up to 10 round fights but hasn't gone beyond 5 yet.

That doesn't mean much unless we know who he's fighting. Kimbo was also an undefeated boxer.

Wasn’t that Muay Thai? More common to see those types of KOs in Thai boxing.

Back