Tyron Woodley vs Royce Gracie

Is this a serious thing? Gracie's success was based on fighters who had no clue how to defend and took him down willingly. Tyron could take him down if he wanted to and beat him up or keep it standing and kill him. Did you ever see him fight Hughes? Hughes out grappled him soundly and almost took his arm off but TKO'd him because he knew that Gracie would let his arm break so did him a favor. Questioning who would win this fight is asinine.

I can understand why a virgin wouldnt like that thread I made, no worries

Lol I’d never need to ask grown men on an Internet forum “should I smash.” Then again I blame your father for not raising you how a man should be raised. My aplologies. It’s not your fault

<Dany07>

Is this a serious thing? Gracie's success was based on fighters who had no clue how to defend and took him down willingly. Tyron could take him down if he wanted to and beat him up or keep it standing and kill him. Did you ever see him fight Hughes? Hughes out grappled him soundly and almost took his arm off but TKO'd him because he knew that Gracie would let his arm break so did him a favor. Questioning who would win this fight is asinine.
Irrelevant, Hoyce was 40 yrs vs Hughes.

Not really. Gracie had the same skills he's always had. His BJJ doesn't diminish like other assets with age. Gracie would be murdered.
Irrelevant. Like ya cant use Ken vs Tito as a measuring stick too.

Basic context.

First time I've seen gameplay footage. A little too cartoony for my liking, and Royce's KO punch didn't even make contact!

If this was Sakuraba vs Woodley, I think peeps would have leaned towards the former, but somehow featherweights could beat the 90s HWs... I think some peeps are slightly overreacting.

Royce was prolific against one-dimentional fighters who thought jiu-jitsu was something a Japanese hooker would do to you for extra cash.
He is a pioneer and a legend, but prime Royce gets smashed by modern gatekeepers.

I'm an old school fan that started watching UFC since UFC 3 and comparing the athletes then to now is ludicrous. The sport has evolved tremendously since then. Like comparing today's hunter (with a rifle) vs manbearpig??

Royce > Sakuraba > Vitor > Marquardt >>>>>>>>>>>>> Tyron
always love some MMA Math
B714calIAAEkjzb.jpg

Some of the best prize fighting math I've seen stretches out from Roberto Duran.

So a natural lightweight beat Iran Barkley(was World LightHeavyweight champion at some point and competed at HW) who beat Gerrie Coetzee(World Heavyweight Champ).

Going even further it goes. Duran>Barkley>Coetzee>Leon Spinks>Muhammad Ali

Therefor Duran is GOAT. Pretty neat! And even if you look past the obvious, it's still impressive from Duran's part. Straight up legend.

In the era of Gracie's prime he beats WOodley the same way he beat the HW's, MAGIC. They do not know BJJ and how to defend and lose as does Woodley.

In todays era or in a Prime V Prime where Woodley knows BJJ and how to defend it, he wins easy via keeping the fight standing and KO'ing Royce.

Back