Tyron Woodley says he was promised a title shot to fight Rory in Canada.

shonuf

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/6/2...-sanchez-tyron-woodley-greg-jackson-ed-soares

at 2 hours 16 minutes. He said it today on the MMA Hour.

He wasn't too upset about it. He takes it all in stride. He said he still thinks he can get it with a good performance. He also said he thinks they promise it to all the fighters to get them to take fights and probably told that to Robbie to take his last fight.

It's a good interview. He's very level headed.

He seems like a good guy.

You wonder if theoretically, Woodley wins and they announce Woodley vs Hendricks witha quick enough turnaround that they can still promote Brown vs Lawler as a #1 contender fight.

I'm at work, so I can't go through the video.

I think I'm misunderstanding the comment. He is promised a title shot, if he wins?

I'm at work, so I can't go through the video.

I think I'm misunderstanding the comment. He is promised a title shot, if he wins?

when he accepted the fight. But they switched it to Lawler VS Brown.

You can be promised a title shot, without being the guy who's getting the next one though

They are still running the promo that says Rory and T-Wood winner gets a title shot.

I still think its possible that the winners of both fights could get a title shot next, especially if Johnny is ready by September. If Robbie beats Brown he deserves a decent break anyways.

They are still running the promo that says Rory and T-Wood winner gets a title shot.

I still think its possible that the winners of both fights could get a title shot next, especially if Johnny is ready by September. If Robbie beats Brown he deserves a decent break anyways.

They're not saying it, Woodley is saying it.

hgr7.jpg

This. Woodley could get a shot if he beats Rory. Then brown/ lawler vs the champ in december or January

Dana does the whole " winner gets a title shot " to hype up the fight and make it seem more important. That's the only reason. It actually means nothing.

I think from now on Dana should play it safe and tell fighters that they'll get the next title shot if they give the best performance.

He could have pulled Woodley aside and said, "Hey, Welterweight is jammed up, you know that. You're fighting one of the highest contenders, if you win and give a great performance, you can get the next shot. You have the hardest opponent of any of the top WW match-ups, so that'll definitely be in consideration."

What if Woodley went in there and pulled a boring GnP snoozefest, while winner of Brown/Lawler or Lombard/DHK put on the fight of the year?

Everyone has an argument to fight for the title next.

Woodley is very lucky Condit hurt his leg in their fight.

Rory is gonna jab him to death.

Woodley is very lucky Condit hurt his leg in their fight.

Rory is gonna jab him to death.

Why?? Tyron was beating him to the punch and took him down when he wanted

Back