Tyron Woodley: Georges St-Pierre dropping to lightweight the ‘hugest b*tch move on the planet’

Lie and false.

Anderson had no fights he was really looking forward to at MW and was talking about retiring. He was forced to just take the Belfort fight he did not want. Okami was next and a rematch with Chael and then Bonnar. None of these fights excited Anderson and there he announced he was looking at retirement and started to look for super fights. God for him. And I mean that. Why not?

GSP was in no where near the same situation. He had 5 title defenses which is good but not a high bar for other WW to surpass to make GOAT claims. Hughes has 7 title defenses at WW. Woodley will be at 5 soon. And GSP had arguably his four biggest anticipated fights at WW (outside Penn and Hughes) just in front of him with Shields (the only other viable WW GOAT at the time), Condit, Nick Diaz and Hendricks.

So just stop lying as you are embarrassing yourself by pretending GSP had cleaned his division and did not need to take those 4 fights. Those fights are one of the biggest part of his legacy.

Wolf tickets.

Kid, you already lost.
If he cleaned his division, how exactly he lost to Weidman?
You really are dumb and do not even know the history of the MW division.

When Anderson was calling out GSP prior to the Shield fight Weidman was not even on the radar as a title contender yet at MW. He had to win three more MW fights and even then Anderson and his team and guys like you were saying Weidman had not done enough at MW to deserve a shot and he would be an easy win and Anderson would get no credit. SO Anderson tried to duck Weidman which was smart as we know now how Weidman dominated Anderson before KHTFO.

But no the next crop of MW's were not yet ready and that is why Anderson faced Okami, a second Sonnan fight (he was desperate to duck) and Bonnar. Anderson was then trying to get Bisping and Diaz as he still thought there were no worthy MW's so he should have some fun fights.

Not the same situation GSP was in with Shields, Condit, Diaz and Hendricks all lined up.

2.5 times double champ cleared can do WTF he wants.

There is nobody in the UFC who has cleared his division that many times unless you want to argue a roiding busted Jone.
Of course he can. And he is doing whatever he wants. And what he wants is to dodge the rest of the middle weight division, and go after “legacy fights”

2.5 times double champ cleared can do WTF he wants.

There is nobody in the UFC who has cleared his division that many times unless you want to argue a roiding busted Jone.
Lol @Double champ. Maybe he’ll fight nate for the interim light middle heavy title. Then he’ll have three belts. Go preach that nonsense to casuals.

Again, you lost me with your asinine points.
If you said GSP had to stop to bulk up to fight at 185..... how exactly can he deflate so fast to fight at LW now?
Or are you saying we won't see GSP for the next 3-4 years?
Dude, I'm about to get carded for calling it as I see it, that you're literally too retarded for anyone to help. I'm starting to get concerned for your well being. How is something so simple laid out too hard for you to grasp?
I'm not gonna repeat myself for a 3rd time.

I've answered this 3 times. You'e just refusing to see what you dont want to see. :( It's okay little buddy, reality will be here whenever you come back from autistic land.

Yeah sure. He sure KO'd Thompson in 2 mediocre performances. And he sure KO'd Maia in the worst WW title fight of all time..
Nah, Silva vs Maia was boring AF and so was Leites vs Silva.

do you relly believe that GSP would have challenge Whittaker or Romero if either of them were the Champion at the time he fought?
Do you really believe he would have not challenge instead, was again the WW belt if Woodley wasn't the Champion, but Gastelum or Maia or even Bisping was?
Do you really believe tha Woodley being the Champion in WW and Bisping the Champion at MW had nothing to do with him challenging for the MW belt and not the WW?
You get that now...

Hmmmm.......go back to WW, nope been there done that. Go to MW and be a 2 division champ, sounds like the right decision to me. So would you rather go back to banging the same old girl you did for years or a fresh hotter piece of ass?

Like I said earlier, GSP and Bisping were even money odds going into their fight. I seriously doubt Woodley would be favoured.

https://www.mmamania.com/2018/5/15/...g-lightweight-hugest-bitch-move-on-planet-mma

“Let me say this in a very educated way: I think that those two guys ‘contemplating’ fighting is the hugest bitch move on the planet. If you're going to be welterweight champion of the world and the lineal champion and you got the current champion constantly talking about fighting you, not only do you avoid fighting him and go up a weight class, now you're gonna drop underneath him and fight underneath in a weight class that you’ve never fought in in your life.”

Interesting remark by the undisputed WW champion, I think he makes solid points. Woodley is always very thoughtful and well-spoken. Do you agree with him?

Explosive comments...

Ooops

that's the point you make?
It is amazing how GSP fanboys can't see what's in front of them.
It was not only Silva that wanted that fight...
it was Dana
it was the owners (Fertitas)
it was any MMA fan besides you frightened fanboys

well... and GSP as well, of course.

Yes, Dana did till Silva was an ass against Maia; then Dana said Silva didn't deserve the fight after getting boo'd. If Silva wanted the fight, why didn't he just drop down to WW?

Nope, Tyron. It's just nobody wants to see you fight. You are not a draw. The biggest bitch move on the MMA world is Conor attacking the bus with innocent fighters and almost causing them serious and career threatening injuries.

GSP is cleary picking his fights to be easier. He said it himself, its like the stock market. Highest reward at a given time, at the lowest possible cost. After all those years dominating, he deserves the right to play that game.
Tyron should shut up and make his own legacy.

You GSP haters make zero sense, it's unbelievable. The guy had one of, if not, the best careers in the history of the sport, legacy and money wise. He also fought the toughest opposition, always.

The fucking guy saw an opportunity at MW to fight Bisping for the title, and took it. Not a single MMA fighter out there, past present or future, would not have made the exact same move. Yet people hate on him for it. Noting, he beat and stopped a guy that Rockhold, Henderson or Silva couldn't. But it's bisping, so ya know, fuck GSP.

Now he wants to move down to LW MAYBE and win that title. That means more for his legacy then regaining the WW Title. Sorry Tryon, it just does. Again, people hate on him for it. But when Edgar moved down, Pettis moved down, TJ wanted to move down, DC moved down, and anyone else, they don't get hated on.

I suspect that the UFC is making him do this Nate fight first, before giving him an immediate title shot, after the way he screwed them at MW.
GSP hater? I don't hate him. I'm a fan.
But I'm not blinded by the irrational Sherdog hate of Tyron. Whatever GSP'S reasons, as the current 170 champ, Tyron has a right to call out GSP AND criticize him. For the former 170 champ to come out of retirement and fight at 185 against a guy he thought was a easy win, and then talk about dropping all the way down to 155, and say nothing about 170..? That's his prerogative ,but that doesn't mean that that decision is above criticism .

Just because I think it's a bitch move, that doesn't mean I'm saying he shouldn't be allowed to do it. It's his choice.
But Tyron isn't wrong to criticize the move
Especially when its a guy like GSP that has always prided himself on being a true martial artist and champion

All those situations you listed of fighters moving down are COMPLETELY different. Moving down isn't the problem anyways. You're being intentionally obtuse if you're going to really try and tell me that GSP'S situation is the same as those other guys.

GSP hater? I don't hate him. I'm a fan.
But I'm not blinded by the irrational Sherdog hate of Tyron. Whatever GSP'S reasons, as the current 170 champ, Tyron has a right to call out GSP AND criticize him. For the former 170 champ to come out of retirement and fight at 185 against a guy he thought was a easy win, and then talk about dropping all the way down to 155, and say nothing about 170..? That's his prerogative ,but that doesn't mean that that decision is above criticism .

Just because I think it's a bitch move, that doesn't mean I'm saying he shouldn't be allowed to do it. It's his choice.
But Tyron isn't wrong to criticize the move
Especially when its a guy like GSP that has always prided himself on being a true martial artist and champion

All those situations you listed of fighters moving down are COMPLETELY different. Moving down isn't the problem anyways. You're being intentionally obtuse if you're going to really try and tell me that GSP'S situation is the same as those other guys.
I'm not saying it's the same as the other fighters. I'm saying NONE of the situations are "bitch moves". Let's call this what it really is. Tyron is so desperate to get a "money fight" he is saying dumb shit and making stupid call outs. The night he won the belt, he called out Nick Diaz lol A guy that hadn't won a fight in 5 years (at that time) and had never beaten a top 5 fighter. How is that NOT a bitch move, when he has a line of contenders waiting for shots?? The guy has called out Conor to come to WW, he's called out NATE DIAZ to come to WW haha Nate Diaz, a LW gatekeeper coming off a loss to Conor. Tyron called him out.

GSP can do whatever he wants, and if you look at the situation objectively and not through your hater glasses, you'd see that dropping to LW and fighting for the title does alot more for his legacy than regaining the WW Belt. And it will make him more money. LW has the bigger names and can get him a title in a 3rd weightclass.

What would beating Tyron really do for GSP's legacy? Nothing. He's already a 2 time WW champ, holds every championship record at WW. Tyron isn't some mega star that he can decorate his resume with. It's nonsense to even argue he HAS TO fight him.

And also, he's GSP. He can easily fight anybody at any weight. He's not calling Nate up to WW, is he? No, he's dropping down to LW. Which is actually really risky and ballsy at his age.

I think the UFC agreed to give him a LW title shot, but after what he did at MW, they don't trust him, so are making him fight one fight first. So they are guarunteed 2 more pay days off of him.

So it's not ducking when almost every champ only fights in their own weight class their entire career?

But then it is ducking when a guy that's about to turn 37 comes out of retirement to try to win belts in two more weight classes? That doesn't make any sense.

Oh gsp didn't want to go up to mw sooner. Ok. Why didn't Anderson EVER want to fight the lhw champ. Not Jones when the ufc wanted that fight, and not Shogun when he called Anderson out after winning the belt.

I didn't call it "ducking". What i am saying is is that Tyron has the right to criticize GSP considering all the circumstances.
I don't know why people are trying to compare this GSP situation to other fighters as if it is the same. We're not talking about some dude, we're talking about GSP.
He was considered the GOAT WW fighter,(shit, he's considered THE GOAT) he retired and comes back years later...but it's to fight at a higher weight class in a championship fight. When has that ever happened?

I had no problem with GSP taking the Bisping fight. Especially since he said he had planned on defending the belt. But i don't give a shit about "winning multiple belts in multiple divisions" if it's via waiting for "easy" champions to arise, or cutting massive amounts of weight to go down and dominate smaller fighters. I am fucking perplexed as to why anyone thinks that shit is legit.

But i digress, at the end of the day, GSP can do whatever he wants, for whatever reason he wants. If he just wants to collect belts, or he just wants money fights, that's fine, but you guys are being completely unreasonable if you're going to say that Tyron, as the 170 champ, has no reason to criticize GSP and have the opinion that what he's doing is a bitch mode.
Agree or disagree ,it shouldn't be difficult to at least understand where he is coming from

I mean, it's kind of true. It clearly looks like a duck. But it also looks like a smart business move.

I'm not saying it's the same as the other fighters. I'm saying NONE of the situations are "bitch moves". Let's call this what it really is. Tyron is so desperate to get a "money fight" he is saying dumb shit and making stupid call outs. The night he won the belt, he called out Nick Diaz lol A guy that hadn't won a fight in 5 years (at that time) and had never beaten a top 5 fighter. How is that NOT a bitch move, when he has a line of contenders waiting for shots?? The guy has called out Conor to come to WW, he's called out NATE DIAZ to come to WW haha Nate Diaz, a LW gatekeeper coming off a loss to Conor. Tyron called him out.

GSP can do whatever he wants, and if you look at the situation objectively and not through your hater glasses, you'd see that dropping to LW and fighting for the title does alot more for his legacy than regaining the WW Belt. And it will make him more money. LW has the bigger names and can get him a title in a 3rd weightclass.

What would beating Tyron really do for GSP's legacy? Nothing. He's already a 2 time WW champ, holds every championship record at WW. Tyron isn't some mega star that he can decorate his resume with. It's nonsense to even argue he HAS TO fight him.

And also, he's GSP. He can easily fight anybody at any weight. He's not calling Nate up to WW, is he? No, he's dropping down to LW. Which is actually really risky and ballsy at his age.

I think the UFC agreed to give him a LW title shot, but after what he did at MW, they don't trust him, so are making him fight one fight first. So they are guarunteed 2 more pay days off of him.
Lol what is this hater nonsense?
I haven't read through this whole thread, but it seems like some of you guys are convinced that criticism of GSP = Hater +Silva nut hugger
I am a fan of GSP, AND a fan of Silva. Has nothing to do with my thinking that Tyron has a point

I am not saying Tyron is100% right on anything. I didn't like him calling out Nick Diaz. Lol but come on, there was not "a line of contenders" Wonderboyand Maia were there, but WW wasn't as busy then as it is now.
Tyron was looking for any money fight. He and Bisping were trying to get something going, and he had some back and forth text messages with GSP, but people are acting like he was only looking for Nick or Nate.

Of course Tyron is salty about GSP not fighting him, because Tyron wants a big payday. I don't think anyone would deny that. But it is also a fair criticism to ask why the WW GOAT came out of retirement, but is only fighting in every other division but his home division.

I'm not calling GSP a bitch. I respect him, and like him. He can do what he wants, but Tyron isn't wrong to have his opinion on the matter, and i don't think his opinion is crazy or just "hatin" if you're looking at all the circumstances, and looking from his perspective.
Everything looks fine if you're looking at it from GSP'S perspective, but not everyone will share that view. Tyron, as the WW champ, has a very different viewpoint than everybody else

Lol and man, you guys are either making up or misremembering things
Tyron didn't call out Conor. He actually told Conor to stay away from 170 because he would get hurt. Conor started that beef. He said he would have the 145, 155, and then take the 170 belt. Then he tried to staredown Tyron backstage at 205

Lol what is this hater nonsense?
I haven't read through this whole thread, but it seems like some of you guys are convinced that criticism of GSP = Hater +Silva nut hugger
I am a fan of GSP, AND a fan of Silva. Has nothing to do with my thinking that Tyron has a point

I am not saying Tyron is100% right on anything. I didn't like him calling out Nick Diaz. Lol but come on, there was not "a line of contenders" Wonderboyand Maia were there, but WW wasn't as busy then as it is now.
Tyron was looking for any money fight. He and Bisping were trying to get something going, and he had some back and forth text messages with GSP, but people are acting like he was only looking for Nick or Nate.

Of course Tyron is salty about GSP not fighting him, because Tyron wants a big payday. I don't think anyone would deny that. But it is also a fair criticism to ask why the WW GOAT came out of retirement, but is only fighting in every other division but his home division.

I'm not calling GSP a bitch. I respect him, and like him. He can do what he wants, but Tyron isn't wrong to have his opinion on the matter, and i don't think his opinion is crazy or just "hatin" if you're looking at all the circumstances, and looking from his perspective.
Everything looks fine if you're looking at it from GSP'S perspective, but not everyone will share that view. Tyron, as the WW champ, has a very different viewpoint than everybody else

Lol and man, you guys are either making up or misremembering things
Tyron didn't call out Conor. He actually told Conor to stay away from 170 because he would get hurt. Conor started that beef. He said he would have the 145, 155, and then take the 170 belt. Then he tried to staredown Tyron backstage at 205
My bad dude. You're not a hater. Just to me, this entire situation is so confusing to me that people are calling it a "bitch move". And I think Tyron is saying it simply to light a fire. Because he can't actually think it's a bitch move, when he himself has called out Nate, only at WW. So if one is a bitch move, then the other is also. I doubt he's calling himself a bitch.

And tyron has said on multiple occassions that he would want a conor fight it it was available.

Meh. GSP has achieved everything in this sport so he can do whatever the hell he wants.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back